Motivational Tool... Something I think is good anyway!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 23 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Something I think is/will be helpful is to buy an item of clothing that you really like and which at the moment is too small, but is within your goal weight. Don't put it away, leave it somewhere you can see it, for me it's a pair of jeans hanging on my door. Hopefully then every time you see them, it'll motivate you to want to fit into them.

Also, it could be a good encouragement. At first you try them on, maybe you can't get them on at all, or maybe you can't do them up, but as you lose the weight you can do both of those things until they eventually fit!

I have a fair bit of weight to lose and have to go down quite a few sizes from a 22/24, so the jeans that I'm using at the moment are only a few sizes a way at size 18. Which while I want to do better than getting to size 18, if I put up a pair of 12s I don't think it would work for me. It would almost be too far off. But 18 is a reasonable and realistic goal that's in sight! And then once I fit into them, I'll replace them with a new pair, say a 16 or a 14 until I reach my goal!

I'm only just starting, so can't say how it's helped so far, but I know the kind of person I am having a visual goal will be a great source of motivation!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Great idea, and all the very best with Cambridge :cool:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.