Moussakarecipe anyone?

mommyB

love it
does anyone have a ww moussaka recipe ? I know tesco do a lighter bites ready meal but i really fancy having a go at making one

ooo, haven't had moussaka for ages. I make mine with quorn mince. Haven't got a recipe as such though. I cook the quorn mince with diced onions in a tin of tomatoes with half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Par boil some potatoes and grill some slices of aubergine. For the sauce I use quark or plain yogurt mixed with an egg. Pour the mince mixture into a baking tin, and then layer it with the potatoes, sauce and aubergine. Bake in the oven till brown. About 15 points for the whole thing (would be more if you used beef mince instead of quorn).

I'm sure someone else will have a more accurate recipe though.

Here's one from another ww site. Doesn't have points values on I'm afraid, as it was in the Core section. Wouldn't be too hard to point up though.

MOUSSAKA
Serves 4
350 g lean, minced lamb
1 onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, crushed
150g mushrooms, sliced
400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
1 lamb stock cube
150ml boiling water
2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 aubergine, thinly sliced
400 g potato, par-boiled and sliced
1 medium egg
100 g extra low-fat soft cheese
150 g 0% fat Greek Yogurt
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190°C/ 375°F.

Fry the onion, garlic and minced lamb in a large saucepan, until browned, pour off any fat. Then add the tinned tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, stock and herbs. Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes .Spoon half the tomato and mince mixture into a large ovenproof baking dish. Cover with the thinly sliced aubergine, then cover the remaining meat mixture. Neatly arrange the sliced potatoes on top , overlapping where possible.
Beat together the egg, soft cheese, nutmeg and yogurt. Season to taste, then spread over the potatoes. Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes, until the topping is set and golden brown .

Back