Moved up the steps worried... Advice please

michellegray

I started Ss on 21 jan and have gone from 13.5 to 9.12. My goal is 9.7 and I am now on step 2 this week. I have Pcos and have been insulin resistant boarderline diabetic most of my life. (hoping this has improved now with weight loss) anyway my question is What if I put on weight on step 2 or 3(next week) ..
Have been sticking to it exactly but worried as scales seem to show gain in first bit of week.... Is this normal can you really put on weight on step 2 or is it just a matter of your body getting used to it and it might take a few weeks? Worried dont want an unhealthy view... Thanks in advance.

It will be water weight, my CDC said you can retain water the first week you go into step 2 just the body dealing with the changes. I moved onto step 2 a few weeks ago. I have just started my 4th week on step 2 and have lost 7lbs the last 3 weeks.

Lynne - week 24, 86.5lbs down 9lbs to go... :)

Thanks honey. Very well done on your weight loss. I hope this is the case. Only have 5lbs to go to goal now and want to be back to eatting normal food without putting on weight si I feel like I am really the weight I am now not just on a diet. Xxx

michellegray said:
Thanks honey. Very well done on your weight loss. I hope this is the case. Only have 5lbs to go to goal now and want to be back to eatting normal food without putting on weight si I feel like I am really the weight I am now not just on a diet. Xxx

I was convinced I had put on weight when I first moved up the steps but it was all mental and I lost 2lbs that week. Feels so good to reintroduce food again, makes you think yeah okay I have this I could really do it. I know what you mean bout wanting to feel the weight you are and not feel like your on a diet forever lol. Tonight I threw out all my clothes bigger than an 8 or 10 to make sure I don't fit the bigger sizes again. Went shopping today and spent a fortune :). Totally worth it though :).

Well done on your weight loss. I reckon you'll be at goal in 2 weeks, eeek what an exciting time. I have 9lbs till goal. Please do let me know how you get on at your first step 2 weigh in :)

Lynne - week 24, 86.5lbs down 9lbs to go... :)

Well got my weigh in today (monday so guess we will see) bit worried I very much hope I loose at least a lb willlet you know. How has your week been. My consultant wants me on step 3 this week for thenext few weeks. Dont know if ready yet..... Still got weight to go..... X thanks for replying. Speak soon

Ooh let us know how your weigh in goes and good luck. I was 10st 6.5 on last weigh and CDC said I should be changing to SS+ but I want to really stick to SS until I get to 9 stone and then go up the steps. X

Well got my weigh in today (monday so guess we will see) bit worried I very much hope I loose at least a lb willlet you know. How has your week been. My consultant wants me on step 3 this week for thenext few weeks. Dont know if ready yet..... Still got weight to go..... X thanks for replying. Speak soon

I get weighed tomorrow night but have been on nightshift and my consultant said you can retain water on nights so we'll see. Ive hardly slept too which probably doesnt help but never mind got to work haha. Why do they want you on step 3? Im scared of step 3 any step abive 2 infact feels like a lot of food even though its not really. Hope weigh in goes well. Let us know :)

Ooh let us know how your weigh in goes and good luck. I was 10st 6.5 on last weigh and CDC said I should be changing to SS+ but I want to really stick to SS until I get to 9 stone and then go up the steps. X

Hey lostpolarbear my losses actually improved when I moved onto step 2, appaently when you get nearer a healthy bmi your body worries about not getting enough... not sure if there is any scientific fact in it though. Give it a go and if it doesnt work you can move back down a step. Be careful though once you reach a bmi of 25 your body will start looking to your muscles for energy if you dont move up a step. :)

Hello everyone. My weigh in was okay after all. I lost 1lb on step 2 this week so did not put it on as I thought. Only got 4lbs to go now which is why they want me on step 3 I guess. I am 5f6inch and wanted to set my gosl at 9st 7lbs. Know its not a small as some would like but it seems a good place to me for now. Want to ask too has anyone got loose skin. I have around tummy. Hopibg this will eventually improve. X. Michelle

Back