movicol or fibogel..???

emz.is.shrinkin

on the shrink.!!
hey all,
just wanted to ask which is the better product. i bought fibogel yesterday but got the flavoured instead of origonal by accident. going to return it today but have been reading on here that a lot of u take movicol daily. just wondering which one u would recommend to take daily to keep me 'regular' lol.

thanks xx

they work in different ways , movicol is a laxative and works by softening the stool , it is very effective and I use it regularly . Fibogel is a bulking agent , so it adds fibre and is a more natural way of staying regular , although if you are bunged up when you start taking it , it will make it worse .
For me movicol works much better , the bulking agents like fibogel and physillium husks make me more constipated , but everyone is different .

Thanks Katie, I'm not bunged up at the mo, I just want to take something everyday that will keep me regular, incase I do get bunged up. Think I'll try the fibogel first and see. Thanks for the info hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

have u tried the fibregel yet?
if not.... gl getting it down ya. lol :jelous:.
it is the most vile thing ive ever tasted. it has the consistency of a cross between thickened water and jelly :jelous:.
movicol in my opinion is much 'user friendly' lol:)

have u tried the fibregel yet?
if not.... gl getting it down ya. lol :jelous:.
it is the most vile thing ive ever tasted. it has the consistency of a cross between thickened water and jelly :jelous:.
movicol in my opinion is much 'user friendly' lol:)
I didnt like to say .. but it is vile !!!! I actually quite like movicol made up with my sunshine orange flavoured water ....

Hey girls couldn't get that damn stuff anyway. But I got some dulcoease capsules. Are these okay to take.?? Xx

they are ok to take but if ur wanting something to take as a regular daily preventative measure i would say something like psylium husk capsules as well as fibre suppliment such as fibre 89 or benefibre.
i used just about everything on the market on my last cd journey. i have a little bit too much knowledge on the constipation front for my liking :D

If you took 1 or 2 a day would it not be okay..?? Xx

the dulcolax are fine to take BUT any 'laxative' can lead to a condition called 'lazy bowel' which is not what u want. therefore preventative measures, bulking agents and 'occasional' laxatives are much more advisable

Okay thanks girls.
So what's do u reckon is the best thing to take each day that is allowed and is pretty natural.?? I just want to take something that will keep me regular and not constipated. And that u can take everyday without any harm. Xx

either a bulking agent , like the fibre that CD sells or physillium husk , or a stool softener like movicol .
Other laxatives are bowel stimulants and not safe to take daily as like PP says can cause your bowel to become lazy.

Cool thanks. Where can u get the psyllium husk caps.?? Xx

I know Holland and Barratt sell the capsules although my CDC told me that they are not very good , I tried the actual powder and after a week of forcing myself to down the horrid stuff i was more bunged up than ever !!! I would try the capsules and if they are no good maybe try benefibre or the one CDC's sell .
This works well for a lot of people

holland and barrett do the pysilium caps

i get the psylium husks on prescriptions. i dont pay for prescriptions due to disability. i have never tried the powder.
i also use the fibre 89 and movicol every 2 days.
im hoping this will prevent me developping a problem. ( i got so bad the first time on cd that doctor said i either had to come off the diet or face hospital treatment as i hadnt 'been' for 15 days. i was in agony at that point and looked heavily pregnant.
I dont plan on allowing it to get to that stage again.

I was percribed fybogel by my docas i suffered really badly. in my opinion its the best thing ive evr done and it doesnt taste that bad, a lot nicer than sum of the fibre powder out there. I just down it in a morning and at night then im done xx

Back