movicol question

kazbro

jelly belly
i bought this stuff so i am prepared
on reading the pack it says you can take this everyday when on this sort of diet
did any of you regulary take it and did you take it once or twice a day:confused:
did it keep you regular :confused:
i have visions of having to use dynamite in the next coming weeks
did the cd 20years ago and ha d aterrible experience which has stuck in my head, i`m afraid it`ll happen again

i bought this stuff so i am prepared
on reading the pack it says you can take this everyday when on this sort of diet
did any of you regulary take it and did you take it once or twice a day:confused:
did it keep you regular :confused:
i have visions of having to use dynamite in the next coming weeks
did the cd 20years ago and ha d aterrible experience which has stuck in my head, i`m afraid it`ll happen again

I too would like to know.

Did you get yours from the gp?

I tried to buy some over the counter and they wanted to charge me over £12 :eek:

Bm2lm xx

Hi,

I used it once as per the instructions and nothing happened!!!

Maybe I wasnt as clogged up as I thought!

i bought mine it was £12.00 for 30 sachets
didn`t think to ask the doctor

(note to self use brain before spending pennies)

lol

I use Movicol whenever I feel the need, so to speak!!

I take one sachet, then if nothing happens in 3-4 hours take another which usually solves the problem. I'm on sole source.

I bought mine at Boots and it cost around £11-12 but I've not even used half the box yet and I've been on CD for 11 weeks now. I 've only had to use it about twice a week, but not every week.

Good luck, and hope it resolves any difficulties!!

oh i am so not looking forward to this. Peter has movical as his other meds bung him up (sorry) so i guess i know its on hand if i need it.

thanks for the tips
i thought i would need it every day but see how i go i spose
i know we used to use movicol on the wards but that wsa for people who were bed ridden and on very poor diets

at £12 a box i hope not to need it to often
kaz xx

ooh I've never heard of this one? I'm assuming tis some kind of laxative?!?

For folk on CD, there's Fibre 89 which is a bulking agent to prevent constipation - which I can highly recommend.

Should further action be taken, I believe that Ducolax is the only laxative that doesn't knock you out of ketosis.

Is this 'new' one ok to take whilst in ketosis too?

xxxx

I've been taking it since I started almost 12 weeks ago and never had any problem with it knocking me out of ketosis. It's a bit gentler than a laxative. I got it after a recommendation which I think was on the sticky about laxatives.

petrer says it works like dynamite. he was on lactolose before but the hospital upped his morphine he needed something stronger. he uses movical and senna tablets.

can we use senna?

I took it every time I thought i may be a bit bunged up.. so to speak.. if one sachet didn't work I took another one 4 hours later. So used once or twice a week generally.

I bought mine from Sainsbury's, was £6 something for 30 sachets

I have had this Movicol from the doctor's i didnt know i could but over the counter.!

This worked for me last time, hope it does the same again tonite.!
pleassseeeeee.x lol

Back