Moving the goalposts.....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PinkyCharl, 20 June 2010 Social URL.

1. PinkyCharl

PinkyCharl Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.99%)
    Morning All!
    Has anyone else done this?
    I set myself the target of getting to 9st back in April, mainly spurred on my the fact I had a dance show coming up (with a skimpy outfit!)
    I thought, wow, 9st, that's so skinny, I'll look amazing!!!.....
    Well, although I'm incredibly pleased with where I've got to, I'm still not 100% satisfied, so I'm want to carry on with SW & lose some more.
    Is this common? Did I just not pick my target well?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. GeordieChris83

GeordieChris83 Long Term Target Setter

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Congratulations on reaching target Pinky!! It's up to you I suppose, just make sure if you do lose more that you continue to do it in a healthy manner and keep it to a healthy loss - don't be turning into a rake! lol

4. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I think if you haven't been your target weight for a long time or even never, you don't know how you're going feel once you've reached that weight.

I'm very close to target and although it feels amazing to be 10 stone I can't help thinking I would feel even better 7lbs lighter. I'm going to leave it a while once I am at target and see how I feel.

5. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    Way back when, in the mists of time, i started Slimming World, i picked a target, one i thought i'd be happy with. I didn't make it an official PAT, but i wanted to get down to 15st - which seeing as i was over 27.5st when i started was a significant figure to get to. However in the weeks before i got there - i knew one thing. 15st was not going to be enough - i wasnt going to be happy there.

I've called target now. 13st6.5lb. because it was time to do so - i'm starting to look too thin in some photos, and though technically according to BMI scales i'm overweight - if this is overweight, then i'm happy to be so.

It's all about though where you are happiest. You make the decision if you want to go lower or want to stay.

6. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Pinky, I'm having this dilemma at the moment, I'm 4.5lb off 9 stone and exactly the same height as you. People may think 9 stone is fine and not to lose more but being a lot smaller than most I know exactly what you mean. 9 stone to a "normal" person is slim right? I would love to get down to 8st 7, and I think that is a perfectly reasonable weight for my height. I'm actually still at the far end of the "healthy" section when I check my BMI. It's not that were going too far it's because we about 4/5 inches smaller than the average woman. I don't think there's anything wrong with losing a few more lbs if that's where you would feel more comfortable. xx

7. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Similar thing at the moment for me - I initially set a goal of 9st 10lbs, which is the top end of the normal weight range for my height. I was more than happy to finally get there, but I've continued losing since and am now close to 9st. I feel good, but I'm also aware of how easy it is to keep re-setting goals and ending up losing too much. For that reason I haven't set a new goal - 9st 10 will remain as my 'ceiling' weight, the one I don't ever want to go above again.

IanH likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.