Moving to Weight Watchers after LL.... (?)

Well, I will see where I am during management when we go on a holiday in mid-July. I have 2 stones to go now. I will decide when I get there but to be honest, I would like to stay with LL until the end of management.

But IF I decide to leave LL before I completed management, I would try food control with the "Diet Plate". I have bought plates from them and I will be using them to maintain my weight at the end of LL. As I said in the other thread, I was terrible at food portions. I love food too much!

I was considering it, rather than going in to development. I guess it depends how I feel at the end of the 100 days. If I really can't bear to go on any longer I will switch after management. However, knowing how successful this is, I will probably stick with it.

I've not thought that far ahead yet - think I'm going to be on the packs till about November!

Cath

I also not really thought about moving to another diet.

I refuse to do WW, SW etc as done before as I get really obsessive.

Got myself out of this doing the Food Doctor, so really would not want to go there again.

I considered ww Tommy because I have lost weight in the past with it but just not enough. But once I am slim and svelte like I think it will be a good way of maintaining the weight.

I'm sure I heard somewhere the most successful diet after a VLCD is a low GI/GL diet.

I think I will look into this and give it a go once I finish CD as I have had only limited success with WW and SW

You'll be at goal before me, so I'll be interested to see what you decide and how it goes.

I am planning a low GI diet after all this.....god knows how far in the future that will be!!

I have just bought AWT's low GI cook book. Its got some fab recipes and ideas for "normal" but healthy food. I think thats def the road I would like to go down.

LL sofa has been great for me, literally life changing, altho the cost does bother me. Steve is great about it, mind you, he never once has complained about what I am spending, just approved of the new me emerging!

I'm definitely not going to do WW as I truly believe it is the most torturous route to go down. The 'you can eat anything you want and still lose weight' propoganda does my nut in. No you can't eat anything you want and still lose weight. You absolutely can't! I'm sure people find it very helpful, and lets face it, it's a national institution but the whole rationing approach is self torture for me. I want to change my eating habits forever, and the whole way that I think and behave around food. WW, imo, just prolongs bad habits. Starve yourself all week and then have that 1cm chunk of chocolate - no thanks!
I've also heard that the GI diet is great post management and think that's what I'll be doing when I finally get to that stage.
Sorry if this post sounds all 'preachy' but I really do have so many issues with WW, and believe me, I've been a member many, many times!!!
:)

My mum lost 3 stone on ww over a 6 month period and has nothing but praise for it cos she felt like she wasn't 'dieting' as she just adapted her meals to fit in with the points programme they use. Her treat every night would be a glass of red wine. I guess it boils down to what works best for you. My whole attitude has changed since doing ll and I'm determined not to let food rule me anymore. So, if after ll I fancy a bit of chocolate I'll have some without thinking I have to devour the whole lot, I am going to be in control.

Having lost over 100lb with LL and now in management, I would say stick with the programme. While the abstinenance part shifts the weight and gives the tools for dealing with the "mind stuff" its in managment when you reintroduce food and all the "stuff" that entails that I felt I needed the support and continued education. This has been life changing stuff for me - big time. I'm learning so much about me and healthy eating. Low GI is the way. WW - been there, got the T shirt, put the weight back on! LL for me - but each to his own of course.

Forgot to say, once, in the dim & distant past I was a consultant for SW !!! As you can tell, it did me no good at all, despite the training. I did lose some weight on SW, each and every time I did it, but I usually faltered around the 3 stone mark. Just too much baked spud and pasta I guess! (Altho they are a "free food" on their green plan.)

I am going to stick with LL, whatever, I think, as I need the tools to keep my mindset in the right place!

I'm definitely not going to do WW as I truly believe it is the most torturous route to go down. The 'you can eat anything you want and still lose weight' propoganda does my nut in. No you can't eat anything you want and still lose weight. You absolutely can't! I'm sure people find it very helpful, and lets face it, it's a national institution but the whole rationing approach is self torture for me. I want to change my eating habits forever, and the whole way that I think and behave around food. WW, imo, just prolongs bad habits. Starve yourself all week and then have that 1cm chunk of chocolate - no thanks!
I've also heard that the GI diet is great post management and think that's what I'll be doing when I finally get to that stage.
Sorry if this post sounds all 'preachy' but I really do have so many issues with WW, and believe me, I've been a member many, many times!!!
:)

Im sorry I disagree with just about everything youve said. WW is NOT about starving yourself all week and having a bit of chocolate.

Ive been on WW now for 12 weeks and it has totally changed my eating habits for the better. Im more aware of what Im eating.

You CAN eat what you want and still lose weight. I have chocolate pretty much every other day and a Chinese Take Away at least once a week.

Im now eating more than Ive ever eaten but its all the right things Im eating now. It HAS changed my eating habits and the results, while not as fast as LL etc speak for themselves.

Personally Id recommend it to anyone

I think the issue with the WW slogan is the unwritten small print along the lines of "Eat all you want within our prescribed guidelines...". As someone who has also done WW and lost 4 stones (before I regained it all and then some), I would be lying if I said I wasn't hungry every single day that I was on WW and there is no way that all I wanted to eat was 3 little starter sized meals each day. My conclusion is that I cannot eat what I like and lose weight, and I find it hard to believe that anyone can...unless miraculously all they want to eat is a maximum of 1500 calories a day in which case they probably didn't need WW in the first place.

I have nothing against WW as a program because, as I mentioned, it worked for me when I followed it, but I do understand why people take exception with their ad slogans.

In regards to the original post, if all I had to look forward to at the end of LL was WW, I think I would pack it in from now.

I suppose the main thing is we all find the diet that suits us best. Personally I HATE WW meals, I never eat the things lol But I can honestly say, hand on heart Im never ever hungry. In fact some weeks I cant actually believe Ive lost weight with the amount Ive eaten. Now that more people know Im on a diet Ive started getting the 'should you be eating that' comments as I tuck into a flake or packet of crisps lol

The important thing is we're all getting there by whatever means we're using and I guess the only way to know if something will work for you or not - is to try it.

So to the OP Id definitely say - try WW, its great :)

Back