Mrs B's Diary

BrightonBetty

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

I have probably started a diary or 2 here in the past but have always given up for one reason or another.

Now that my wedding is done and finished as are the holidays I can start tracking my eating and exercising again. I plan to eat around 1800 cals a day and exercise 3-5 days a week at the gym. I don't want to deprive myself too much and want to leave myself room to lower the calories once the weight loss stops.

I have found that when you start a diet for the 100th time, the hardest part is to get started. Once I get past the initial week or so I should be OK...

Wish me luck!

Good luck!!! You can do it!!! Xxx

Just keep doing it, the only way you will fail is if you stop... it's not always easy but don't give up!!!

I'm a Sussex girl originally, lived in Hove before I moved to Oxford. Xxx

Just keep doing it, the only way you will fail is if you stop... it's not always easy but don't give up!!!

I'm a Sussex girl originally, lived in Hove before I moved to Oxford. Xxx

You're right! I just need to make sure I come here for motivation! My biggest problem is that I'm so used to not counting what I eat that I forget to write things down! Making a conscious effort though!

Ooh really? I love Brighton, big enough but still family friendly and fun. I do like Oxford as well though, beautiful there! What made you move? xxx

I moved for love... but when we have an argument I sure do miss being so close to the sea... then I could push him in, lol!!! X

Last edited:
Day 1:

Struggling to come to terms with the fact that I can't eat what I like whenever I like! It's quarter past 5 and I've eaten 1650 calories which means I have only 150 left for the rest of the day! Need to start making better choices!

It's really boring, and goes against all I stand for but planning and preparation is key... I won't tell anyone if you don't ;-)

I agree! I've joined Tesco Diets as they give you all the meals and ingredients, all you need to do is order and make them! It will force me to eat better and won't leave much room to make unhealthy choices. I have 0 inspiration at the moment so it helps ;)

That's a good idea, I bet it will help you pace out the calories. Xxx

Exactly! I've got every breakfast, lunch and dinner planned for the next week - I'm a very happy lady!

Have you had a nice bank holiday weekend? :)

Yesterday was a "watching DVD' s in my pants" day... always a winner in my book, sooooooooooo lazy!!! Today I've helped OH' s dad with his new smart phone and played with OH' s nephew, who is so cute and cheeky, I love him to bits.

How about you? X

Yeah, today was that day for me! We ordered a Sky Movies package for ourselves so couldn't move from my armchair lol! I've come down with a terrible flu so have felt sorry for myself all day. Sadly my 3 kids wouldn't sympathise!

Ah sounds like your father in law is the same as mine! I always do things like that! X

Any technical problems then it's Lindsey to the rescue, all good heaven points!!!

Oh no, fluiness when trying to diet it pants, hope you shake it off soon.

Aww you have your own babies, what flavour and how big? Xxx

Yes same here! I'm a little self proclaimed technical genius ha!

Feeling slightly better this morning, hope it will last!

Yesss, I have 3 scrummy boys, 4, 2 and 6 months - crazy! Love them to bits but *****..! Never quiet in our house! X

Glad you are feeling a little better. Surrounded by cutie boys, how lovely! What great ages too, although you must not have slept in four years!!! x

I'm sure it does... like when they're 18 and go to uni, lol!!!

I was gonna say, but probably not even then!

With my 1800cal allowance I am realising how much I have probably been overeating every single day as 1800 does not get me very far in the day at all without making very careful choices... X

Back