Mrs J's JUDDD diary

MrsJustin

Hi all,

How's everyone doing today?

Well I've decided to start my diary today as I'm hoping it will help to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Have had a down day today, managed to stick to my calories :D

Today I've had

4x Rice cakes (112 kcal)
Skips (89 kcal)
Toast and jam (150)
WW tomato soup (74 kcal)
Jelly (16 kcal)

Total 441 kcal so far today - yay!

I'm not feeling hungry on my down days now either which is nice! Did fancy some chocolate earlier on - it's so nice knowing that if I still want some tomorrow then I can have some!

I feel like I should be eating more fruit and veg though.... I'm not a bit veg eater so don't know the calories in them - any help with that would be much appreciated! Particularly strawberries and pineapple....

Another question - do people do lots of exercise on this diet? (Other than Stirky that is - I've read your diary!!) I find I'm absolutely shattered by the time I get home from work, and can't muster the energy to do anything!! In addition, I seem to gain muscle very quickly, and although I know that's a good thing in the long run - I get a bit nervous when the scales creep upwards at the start of a diet. Not really too sure what to do about that...

Oh well, onwards and downwards!!

Mrs J x

I dont exercise much (partly due to bad knees) I walk to work and bad and walk the dogs
I am about to start pilates - so that will help - but do I exercise - no not really

Great going on your down day Mrs J!!! I LOVE the ww tomato soup, also like the chicken one but has more cals, so usually don't have that on a dd but do sometimes :) Plus tomatoes being the superfood that they are, love them!

As for calories, what I do is google calories in ??? and loads of really useful sites pop up and tell you what's what. One of my fav ones is :

Calorie Counter

or

Calorie Count :: Foods & Recipes

second one is a US site tho so just watch the portions as some are measured in cups, first is a UK site so bit easier to use.

As for exercise, I know a lot of people lose weight without doing any. Maybe just start doing some when you feel ready, concentrate on the diet first for a while. I didn't exercise at first, and in my experience exercise doesn't have much effect on my weight loss, I'm just doing it to tone up and get fitter :) But I know some people swear by it to lose the pounds, but it's up to you in the end.

Good luck for tomorrow :)

thank you - will have to check those out!

did just find one website which said strawberries are 30 kcals per 100g and pineapple 40 kcals per 100g. Will be having lots of that tomorrow then and from now on!! So does that plus my OJ in the morning add up to 3 of my 5 a day? Honestly I'm so rubbish when its comes to healthy eating!!!! You'd think I should be an expert after all these diets!!!

One more question (!) can I have a med day in between 2 UDs?? I feel like I might have been over doing it a bit.... Really want to have lost some more for my WI on Sat.

Thanks,

MrsJ x

Yes strawberries are great, really low in cals and so yummy! Never last long in our house lol :)

Best to have a dd inbetween two uds, md are ok if you want to change your days around, or some people will do 3 dds a week, 3 uds and 1 md.

hope you have a great day today
you can do a medium day but a DD between two up days is better

thanks guys! meant to say a med day between two down days!! been ok today though, as haven't stopped all day at work! One INSET day to go and a week off - yay!!

I have had an upday, just had a yummy pasta bake for dinner and am nicely full up! Looking forward to dd tomorrow though - just feel much more in control on dd's as a lot of you have said.

I think I'll hold fire on the exercise for a while... see if I can lose another stone and then start some nice gentle toning exercise....

Am shattered tonight, so I think I'll have a good soak in the bath and get an early night.

Hope everyone's had a good day.

Mrs J x

Glad you've had a good day and all is going well Mrs J :D

Hi Mrs. Justin,
How are you doing with JUDDD?

Back