Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No...

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Don't know/care

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
If anyone should be, SHE should be!! What do you think?
:soapbox:

Yep for sure, such a positive and upbeat person! Something i strive and fail to be lol.. That's of course if she wants to be a CDC.. I think she'd be great!! :D x

I had that same thought when i changed jobs, can i at 25 give advice to the public much older than me? But then i realised it's not actually about age, it's about maturity and diplomacy. So long as you speak with people in a respectful and honest manner they give respect back.

I think you'd be a fantastic CDC, you're positive, know what you're talking about as you've been there and done it and also seem an honest and mature lady :) xx

Awwww!!! OMG such a lovely thread thank you so much :D I had actually considered it as well :) Just wasnt sure If I could do it part-time or not? And would people actually take advice from a 19 year old?!
That's the point, sweetie! You would be able to appeal to young dieters probably a lot more than older CDCs, because you're young yourself, and have been there & done it & got the T-shirt! :D (The Gov't keep banging on about obesity amongst the young - they need people like you!)
:girlpower:
My CDC has a full-time job, and just does her CD stuff three/four nights a week (and has a full client book, I've seen it!). So yes, part-time is fine. :checkmark green:

Go for it! I think you'd be fab - you talk a lot of sense, me dear (and are fully committed to CD)!! :winner:

Hi Jess,
At my CDC's suggestion I am just starting to do the training and am planning to do it over the summer and beyond. The reason she thought it would suit me is that it is completely flexible and you can do as much or as little as you want. I will want to be doing a lot for the next 4 months or so, but I start working as a lecturer full-time in September, so will scale it down then. Afterwards, however, I will scale it up again to suit. She says she knows someone who only sees 5 people a week, just one evening.
I do think you would be really good for it once you feel ready. It's true (and very mature of you to observe!) that you are young, but TBH, if you don't make an issue of it then I don't think anyone else will either. As Jaycey says, you would make a lot of younger dieters feel more comfortable and those who are older will surely see it as a breath of fresh air.
The other thing is that you can do the training and get qualified without paying anything, then start whenever you do feel ready. It is something that might be handy to have under your belt?

Just some thoughts. x

Back