Mrs Scandude's Food Diaries.....

MrsScandude

Well after stalking this forum for many many moons and never logging my food diaries, I thought it was time to start. I made a promise to myself I will record every single thing that passes my lips so I can see if there any patterns when/if I have a gain or maintain. So today....
Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (B) and banana (Free)
Lunch - Lettuce (S), radish (S), tomatoes (S), peppers (S), chicken thighs no skin (Free), dressing (2 syns), sweet potato wedges (Free)
Snacks - Strawberries (s), sugar free jelly (0.5), apple (s)

Not decided what I'm having for tea yet (I'm a Northerner so it's tea, not dinner, that's lunch LOL) but when I have eaten it, I'll update. Along with any extras of course.

Back later!

Well am back - and just finished tea. I splurged 8 syns (ouch) on some frozen veggie burgers as they needed using. They were yummy though. Also had some slimming world chips done the traditional way rather than in the Actifry, for a change, and had some veggies so got my speed in.
Have some rice pudding in the slow cooker for later and there'll be enough for a snack or breakfast tomorrow too. That's going to all free as using my A choice for the milk.

Not a bad day all told, the veggie burgers made a nice change and I feel like I made good choices. Here's to tomorrow being another good day :)

Last edited:
Good morning Monday!

As I didn't get chance to record my food diaries on here over the weekend I'm going to do them today. So here goes:

Saturday

Breakfast

Poached eggs(Free) on toast (B) (No speed naughty me!)

Lunch
Was so warm I didn’t want anything really but having just done an hours’ worth of Zumba I thought I ought to have something so ended up with –
Grapes(free), blueberries (free), strawberries (speed) and a banana (free) along with a bottle of water and a cup of diet coke, courtesy of Morrison’s café!

Tea
Roast chicken breast (skin removed) (free), salad bar tray (syns) from Morrisons. Although this was mainly things like lettuce, boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber etc, I did also have some of their couscous and pasta salads. Even though I only had a little bit I’m counting most of my day’s allowance of syns to be sure (10)

Snacks
Cherries (speed), banana (free), bourbon biscuit (3.5), tomatoes(speed)

Rice pudding using 300ml (half an A choice)

TOTAL = 13.5

Sunday
Breakfast
Frylighted tomato (speed) on toast (B), bacon (free), frylighted egg (free)

Lunch
5 Heck chicken Italia sausages (2.5), mushroom (speed) omelette (free)

Tea
Roast chicken breast (skin removed) (free), jacket potato (free), lettuce (speed), tomato (speed), cucumber (speed), pepper (speed), radish (speed), sprinkling of cheese (0.5 A choice), coleslaw mix (speed and half a tbsp mayo (1), beetroot (speed)

Snacks
Fondant Fancy (5.5)

Was all going so well then I discovered my daughter had been to Costco and brought back a toffee loaf, OMG it’s divine. I had a bit, then another bit. BUT! I did weigh them and look them up on a calorie counter so I could syn them, so….12 syns

TOTAL = 21….oops

Well I had a reasonable weekend, would have preferred yesterday to have been not so syn heavy yesterday but these things happen and there’s nothing I can do about it now!

So onwards and downwards….

So, onto Monday (really this time :))

I'm not looking forward to weigh in this week - I had a gain last week and though it was expected, what I DIDN'T expect was how much I'd gain... 3.5lb! Bit of a shocker really and made me paranoid about what I've had this week. I don't think it's been too bad, but maybe a little heavy on the syns perhaps. I really don't know what will happen tomorrow night at weigh in but my fingers are firmly crossed for a loss.

Monday
Breakfast
– Leftover chicken Italia sausages (2.5), new potatoes (3), boiled egg (free)

Lunch - SW Ploughmans Lunch - tin of Pek ham (free) and slice of wholemeal bread (1/2 B) made into a SW ‘pork pie’, boiled egg (free),lettuce (speed), tomatoes (speed), radish (speed), cucumber (speed), peppers (speed), carrots (speed), celery (speed)beetroot (speed) and pickled onions (speed), tomato chutney (2)

Tea
Wasn't really hungry enough to do a 'proper' meal so ended up with jacket potato(free), a sprinkling of cheese (1/2 A choice), SW coleslaw (1), beetroot (speed), tomato (speed)

Later on I got a bit peckish, so indulged 4 syns on some Alpro coconut icecream (beautiful - try some if you haven't already. Really creamy and yummy but dairy free so low syn), and a nectarine (speed). So there we have it - I ended the day on 12.5 syns. Still a little heavier than I'd have liked to have been, but well within my limits. Happy days.

Last edited:
So here we are at Tuesday and the day I dread more than any other - weigh-in. I always get myself in a bit of a tizzy over weigh-in, and never seem to do as well as I hope. This is partly why I hope these diaries are useful - to point out anywhere I'm not doing so great. I really would like to lose a couple of stones by my holiday in September and know I can do it - having lost ten stones previously with SW. I guess it's just plodding away at it. So..

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal bread (B) and banana (free)

Lunch

Pasta (free) with garlic (speed), tomatoes(speed), onion(speed) and rocket(speed), lettuce(speed), cucumber (speed), peppers (speed), beetroot (speed), a little feta (allowing 2), and an even smaller amount of coleslaw (allowing 2)

Then onto weigh-in, where I had a totally unexpected but very welcome, loss of 4.5lb!! Wow. Can’t express how happy I was and still am. Totally made my day J

Tea

Didn’t really fancy any tea as had a mugshot (free) whilst at group so was still reasonably full up. I did however have some of the lovely toffee cake and synned it again (12)

So, ending the day on a very reasonable 16 syns. Looking forward to the week ahead!

Last edited:
Here we are on Wednesday and I’m still filling in these diaries! Gotta admit I’m impressing myself, normally I’d have given up by now lol

Here are today’s expected eats…..

Breakfast
40g porridge oats (b choice) made with water and sweetener and blackberries (speed)

Lunch
½ pack Ainsley Harriott mushroom couscous (1.5 syns), chickpeas (free), peppers (speed), tomatoes (speed), red onion (speed), beetroot (speed) chicken thighs (no skin – free), coleslaw mix (no sauce or mayo) (speed) chilli sauce (2 syns)

Tea
I ended up having the new SW pasta ready meal - the one with smoked ham and mushrooms. Hmm..it was okayyyyy but not one of my favourites. Anyway had that with a side salad for extra speed and dressing (2 syns)

Snacks
Used all my A choice today on milk in cups of tea at work (about 3 and skimmed so should be fine) in fact it was probably only about half my allowance - should have had a bit of cheese on my salad - dammit!!! :D. Had a piece of the toffee loaf again later before bed again I weighed it and it came out at 9. It's lovely but I'll be glad when it's gone ;) So ended the day on 14.5 syns. That'll do me.

Last edited:
Didn't log my food yesterday, but stuck to plan as much as I could with going to Toby Carvery for tea lol! Didn't fancy anything to eat when I got up and I had a few appointments to keep as it was my day off, so I waited to eat and had brunch instead.

Brunch
1/2 tin pek ham (free), new potatoes (free), roasted cherry tomatoes and mushrooms (speed) with seasonings - this was so good I have the other half for tomorrow's breakfast!
C:\Users\bqe38s\AppData\Local\Temp\4\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
Also had 2 frylighted eggs (free)

Tea
Went to Toby Carvery and had the following:

Beef (free), turkey (free), gammon (free)
One roast potato (syns), tablespoon stuffing (syns), tablespoon gravy (syns), small Yorkshire pudding (syns)
Carrots (speed), green beans (speed), cauliflower (speed), peas (free)
I think if I count the entire day’s syns (10-15) for this, I should be OK. I know some people think that the veg at Toby is covered in butter so it should be synned, but honestly the veg I had was dry. I also made sure the cauli was dry and didn’t have any sauce.

Supper (yes I still had some even after all that hahahaha)
2 hifi bars (B)

So not too bad I guess!

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!! :):D;):D

I’m so glad it’s the weekend, am so ready for a couple of days off - really tired zzzzzz
But before that happens I have a day at work and then an evening out to contend with. Twice a year our SW group has a party - at Christmas and Summer – we all get together, dress up pretty, have a dance and a few drinks and loads of loads of SW friendly food! It’s basically like a giant taster night with music and drinks! The only thing I have to be careful of is not eating just because it’s there so I am going to try and limit the amount I shove down my throat.

Breakfast
Roasted tomatoes and mushrooms (speed), new potatoes (free), ½ tin pek ham (free)

Lunch
½ pack Ainsley Harriott mushroom couscous (1.5 syns), chickpeas (free), cucumber (speed), tomato(speed), red onion (speed), peppers (speed); lettuce, carrot and tomatoes (speed), chicken tikka pieces (free)

Snacks
Nectarine, peach and plum (all speedy)

Tea

All kind of things! Little portions of pasta bake, SW quiche, loads of salad, loads of fruit, lean meat and new potatoes. I would guess less than 5 syns for everything - probably less to be honest. I don't really drink much so stuck to diet coke for the night too. Had a nice night, lots of fun.

Last edited:
Just another Manic Monday!! So here we are again with the start of a new week and for once I'm feeling pretty positive about tomorrow's weigh-in. Let's hope nothing happens to scupper my chances of a good loss! :) I didn't flog (food-log :D) over the weekend as I was really busy but I 100% stuck to plan - even when hubby decided he wanted takeaway on Saturday. I ordered boiled rice and had a frozen SW meal :innocent002:. We took my in-laws out yesterday for lunch too and they chose a fish and chips restaurant. Now fish and chips is my absolute favourite takeaway. I love em but don't hardly ever have them for obvious reasons. And I'm pleased to report I didn't yesterday! I had a chicken salad instead - bit unusual for a fish and chips place but it was on the menu so..!

Anyway...onto today

Breakfast
Plum, nectarine, strawberries, peach, raspberries (all speed) and a yogurt (free)

Lunch
Boiled egg (free), ham (free) and cucumber (speed) sandwich (b choice) with mayo (1), crisps (4) and cherry tomatoes (speed)

So all was going well and then I got some bad news. And I started nibbling. Why do I do this?! Every. Single. Time. I let myself down and act stupid. As if my bad news is going to get better if I eat some crap! It's not going to help me, and it may comfort me at that split second when it's actually being eaten but certainly not afterwards. Note to self - comfort eating is not a comfort! So anyway - I had a good tea but not enough speed and I definitely had too many syns

Tea
Slimming World frozen ready meal - Barbecue chicken with SW wedges and leftover white boiled rice (no speed no nothing)

Snacks

Coconut ring biscuit (2), white chocolate (12), penguin biscuit (5.5), peanut butter (straight out of the jar!!!) (4)

Total -
29.5 - so proud (not)

Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:
Onto Tuesday...not really feeling any better after yesterday's bad news but am determined to stick to plan today and remember that nice fattening food may make me feel better for a split second but then it's gone.

Today's offerings:

Breakfast
Pek ham (free), baked beans (speed), eggs (free) - no extra veg but really wasn't feeling cooking mushrooms or tomatoes to go with!

Lunch
(B choice) gluten free roll, leftover SW wedges (free), salad (free), SW frozen burgers (free), cheese (1/2 A choice), BBQ sauce (1)

Tea
Will be filled in after group, when I'll also update what Sydney Scales say!

Well Sydney Scales said a gain of a pound.:eek: Not quite sure why. Even after yesterday's syn fest I think I've been good the rest of the time and stuck to plan. So was a little p*ssed off. I had a sulk at group and was even tempted to leave early but I didn't. There were the usual 'Oh I don't know how I've managed to lose 2lb this week, I went out and got drunk at the weekend and had fifteen Big Macs' type conversations going on but I didn't growl once and even managed to applaud as appropriate. Why does my body do this to me? WHY! grr...anyway. Moving on.

So...tea....really fancied chucking fish and chips down my throat but I resisted and had some new potatoes instead. With a bit of homemade coleslaw (2 syns). Then some chocolate (10 syns) Then I went to bed in a strop lol:D

Last edited:
Here we are at rainy Wednesday and I'm still a bit narked but determined to have a good loss this week so I will turn the anger into something positive instead. That's the plan anyway lol

Breakfast
40g porridge oats made with water (B Choice), blackberries (speed)

Lunch
Cooked ham (free), boiled eggs (free), lettuce (speed), tomatoes (speed), cucumber (speed), radish (speed), rocket (speed), pepper (speed), chinese lettuce (speed), grated carrot (speed), tbsp mayo (2), dressing (1). Followed by yogurt (free)

Snacks
175ml Skimmed Milk (1/2 A Choice)
300ml Coconut Milk (1/2 A Choice) - made into rice pudding with pudding rice (free) and berries (speed) and mango (free)
Chocolate caramel bites (6 syns)

Last edited:
Friday again..how quickly the days roll round! Didnt finish off my post on Wednesday and didnt post yesterday as was my day off and was stupidly busy. But stuck to plan both days (if a little heavy yesterday on syns)

So onto today:

Breakfast
(All speed) peach, nectarine, plum, blackberries, melon (free) pineapple with a muller yogurt (free)

Lunch
Pasta (free) with tuna (free), sweetcorn (free) and mayo (2). Also a side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, spring onion, radish, cucumber and pepper (speed)

Tea
SW KFC (b choice used for breadcrumbs), SW chips, bag of ding veg for speed

Last edited:
Here we are on Monday and am pleased to report the weekend went well with no cheating, used all my syns right up to the max but didnt go over so am a happy bunny.

So, onto today. Am feeling incredibly nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in given last weeks' outcome, really nervous. So decided to do SP days for the last three in order to, hopefully get a good loss. Today however I have cheated a little, but only a bit!, by having overnight oats for breakfast (so used yogurt). Oh well, rebel is my middle name :D

Breakfast
Overnight oats using 40g oats (b choice), greek and coconut yogurt, cherries, raspberries and plum (all speed)

Lunch
Boiled egg (free/p), cucumber (speed), tomatoes (speed), carrot (speed), peppers (speed), radish (speed), peashoots and watercress (speed), cottage cheese (free/p), ham (free/p) and sw coleslaw (1 syn), apple (speed)

Tea

Chinese Pork (1), broccoli rice (speed), BNS chips (speed)

Snacks (while tucked up in bed watching tv with Mr Scandude)
Scanbran cake (B choice) with white chocolate quark (1.5 syns) and strawberries
Mini bar of chocolate - 3 syns

Last edited:
Onto weigh day. Hmm. Not sure how I feel again today. I keep remembering how sure I was last week that I'd get a good loss on the scales and then I got that pesky gain :mad: I guess we'll wait and see.

Breakfast
40g porridge oats (B) made up with water and milk out of A choice, banana (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free), cucumber (speed), tomatoes (speed), carrot (speed), peppers (speed), radish (speed), peashoots and watercress (speed), SW coleslaw (1 syn), beetroot and pickles (speed)

Tonight we have a taster night at group so I'm guessing I probably won't have a proper tea, but will sort something quick out when I get home. If I don't have any meat today, I could have an old style green day I guess and have an additional B choice, so might have beans on toast or something. We'll see.!

Edit.....did great this week and lost 3.5lb at weigh in!!

Last edited:
Haven't posted for a week, hmmm.....not really sure why other than been really busy at work and home. Had a weekend away at the seaside with the whole family this last week, and did so well. I managed to avoid calorific items like ice creams and doughnuts, fish and chips and hotdogs. Bought my own food, stuck to plan and, although I only weighed in at home last night as didn't attend group, (my scales are 100% accurate with SW by the way),gained 2lb.

I mean....WTF??? Really???? How can that be?!

I was so annoyed last night it's a really good job I didn't attend group. Our consultant is lovely, but she is always 100% adamant that if you follow the plan 100% of the time, you WILL lose weight. I beg to differ. This has happened to me on more than one occasion, when I KNOW I have been bang on plan, not cheated or kidded myself, had my speed etc and have still come away with a maintain or even worse - a gain. I think it would be more honest to sympathise and acknowledge sometimes it happens, although I realise not so great for business. Anyway. I will not let this deter me and will continue with my food diaries!

Breakfast – egg, bacon and leek muffins (silicon muffin tins, bacon lined with leek popped in on top of that and an egg cracked on top then baked), tinned tomatoes, Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages

Lunch – 2 Slimming World burgers, HeB roll (b), BNS chips and salad

Tea – Roast chicken, huge mixed salad, mayo (2 syns), carrot and BNS chips

Snacks - apple, 2 slices toast (B) and peanut butter (4 syns), bag of mini cookies (6)

Ended the day on a respectable 12 syns. All good.

Last edited:
Here we are on Thursday and I’m having a short week this week, so it’s my last day at work. Yay! Back next Tuesday and got a birthday weekend coming up (not mine) but am determined to stay 100% on it. I will NOT go back to group next Tuesday without a loss!
Having thought about the weekend, I had more carbs than usual so maybe that would indicate why I had a potential gain. So, am trying SP for a few days this week to see if it helps at weigh-in.
Breakfast
Egg and bacon muffins with tinned tomatoes
Lunch
Chicken, salad and b choice pitta, mayo (2 syns) bag of Space Raiders (3.5 syns)

Well, after a bit of a gap I'm back. The back part of last week was a bit crazy with family birthdays and moving house, so I have been a little bit lax at recording my food, but I HAVE been on plan despite all the craziness so am hoping the scales are kind tonight and give me what I deserve. Am still quite nervous given last week, but we'll see. Onto today's food....

Breakfast
Mango, nectarine, peach, melon, strawberries and blackberries and a muller greek yogurt

Lunch
SW style ploughmans - ryvita (b choice + 2syns), 20g cheese (1/2 A choice), boiled eggs, ham, chicken, salad and tomatoes, pickle (2 syns)

Tea
Will be whatever I can be bothered to make after weigh-in - may go with an old school red day and have an extra b choice for toast. Not sure. Will report back later after the dreaded scales have been faced!

Update
I gained 2lb. Am gutted. I was so good and it makes me think why bother? Why not just eat cr*p and do nothing? Why do I bother putting myself through this week after week? WHY DOES MY BODY NOT WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT????????? Gah!
Anyway, I came home and despite wanting to eat the world and his wife, I restrained myself and had root chips, cauliflower steak and one of the new SW vegetable burgers (yum) on a b choice pitta. So I had an extra b choice and also actually a small piece of birthday cake. But to be honest, based on what I could have done out of anger and frustration, I don't think that's too bad. I also spent a while getting my breakfast and lunch ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow's another week after all.

Last edited:
Here we are on Wednesday. Still majorly p*ssed off, still feeling life is a total b*tch and why do I bother! But I guess the fact I'm still here means I am still bothered and need to do this. So I suppose I'll just crack on and maybe stop moaning about what can't be changed.

Breakfast
Mushroom (speed) and ham omelette (free) with vine tomatoes (speed)

Lunch
Wholemeal thin (B choice), cauliflower steak (3), root chips (free) and SW veggie burger (free) with syn free tomato sauce. Have also brought a nectarine and banana in case I get peckish later

Tea
Hubby and I are going on a date night to the cinema and Nando's this evening. So am planning on having spicy rice (2), butterfly chicken without skin (free), corn on the cob without butter (free) and also maybe a side salad to bump up the speed (free). That will leave me with potentially 10 syns to spend on popcorn or chocolate if I feel like it. Which, given how I feel right now, I may well need later!

Back