MrsBurgundy's diet, dramas and diary entries!!

Just wanted to pop in and say I saw your post in my diary (thank you) and like you I have also been 'off plan' for the last few days.

This is the hard bit isn't it?

We have to get back on plan or a plan somehow. If I could find my phone I would text you.

Haha!! I did text you few days ago!! I'm gonna get back on EE today, as my hard work is still standing (for now) and I've still lost, so if I stick to it for the next few days I'll still get my sticker!!! Wooh!

Just need to eat sensible, and burn more calories than I eat.....sounds simple!! Haha!!

Love and hugs xxxx

Well that is good news! Yes, I hope that you get your sticker this week - it will be such a boost!

I must find my mobile...last seen over a week ago...

Still having found the damn mobile! UGH!

I have no closed my SW diary (for now) - so please don't bother posting on it (I have also deleted my email subscription to it). I will keep in contact with you in your diary/fridgegraph/our little group on facebook/phone (if i ever find my mobile).

Hope today is going ok?

Last edited:
I have found my mobile (in my handbag :eek:). Now I just need to charge it up and then I will send you a text. I told you I am crap with my phone!

Just wanted to pop on and wish you good luck tonight. I hope it is a sticker week for you!

Good morning!! Thought it was about time I signed on again!! I jumped on he scales today and noticed the weight is creeping back up (though eating out several times in the last week, and the creamy cocktails that went with them isn't really a good idea!!

Therefore I am starting over today!! Will have oat so simple to start, a skinny latte at the station (if there's time) (2.5), jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad for lunch, and goodness knows what for dinner after zumba!!!

Hazar for finding your phone zeke!! Will wander over to ur diary now to see how ur doing!!! Xxxxx

Woohoo! So glad to see you back!

I was thinking about you this morning whilst walking the dogs. I was considering going to the sw meeting on the wednesday night to see if that helped bring you back!

I feel a bit guilted into going back to meetings anyway tbh as my sw consultant is in the house as we speak (she is on the same committee as my DH and they are having a meeting here). I have one week left on my countdown. May go on wed to see what it is like...(even though I am currently doing ww)

You're so lovely - trying to get me motivated again!!! However, I read your new diary - you truly have gone to the dark side and left me (!) Sob sob!! Hehehe!! :)
As long as we continue to lose weight, i think the plan is irrelevant!!
(Although i could never go back to counting points etc!!)

I just got fed up with myself, and realised i was falling back into old habits: Lose weight, feel like i can eat anything, pile it all back on again.
My problem is moderation i think. But the only person i'm really cheating is myself, so what's the point?
Went out for dinner with OH on Friday, had fruity and creamy cocktails, and loads of mexican food, then on Saturday we had Indian takeaway with naan's etc that we shouldn't have had, and i just got sick of myelf for being so stupid. Moreso when i got the scales out and realised that all i had "lost" before (Getting down to 13 something) was wasted as i was back up again, and refuse to let it get out of hand, so will be working my backside off at Zumba tonight!!!

Unfortunately i've missed 2 WI, and will be missing this weeks as well as I'm in Bath, so will have to message my leader so she knows i'm still here!!! Still, i think i have my motivation back for the timebeing, and still been keeping active, so hopefully i'm back in the zone!!!

I think we're gonna have to have a meet up soon- i can come walk the dogs too!! (Is it wrong that i want to buy a dog, just so i have an excuse to walk somewhere?!) Hahaha!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL - I wouldn't say I was totally over to the dark side - not at all. In fact only yesterday I was thinking of doing a sw week starting Thurs and even trying tony ferguson for a week!

I know from past experience that I do get bored with diets around the 10 week mark and sure enough I did...and the odd cheat turned into cheating every day. Starting a new plan does help to keep it a bit fresh. Even just a week or so off SW has made me want to try it again!

If you read my diary you will know that I have been eating more than 1/7th of my weekly points on a daily basis. I think I now have 9 left to last me 3 days - so 3 a day...whether I can cope with that really will be the acid test! Hopefully it will be fine now I am more 'in the zone' with the program. Anyway, I will see how I feel on Thurs - I fully intend to switch diets as often as needed until I get to goal!

On that note I am considering starting yet another diary in the general diary section. I will probably do that when I reach the magical 180.0 lbs (what I got down to at the start of last summer!). I am 2.2 lbs off that now so maybe in a week or so...

Good luck back on the program! Think of the wedding dress!

Last edited:
Hehehe!!! I am thinking of the wedding dress!! My planning book is looking great! Just need to get to a size 10-12, and save OOOOODLES of money!! Hahaha!!!

I did read your diary - i think it would be harder to combine the 2 plans, and switch between them - i'm d get too confused, and just mess up!! Still, if it works for you - so be it!!! Plus, might kick start you into a great loss week for SW again!! x

How did yesterday go?

One way to save up oodles of money is cut back on the meals out and take away :D. Could you and OH do something sporty together in the evenings instead?

I know that my DH has got frustrated with me not wanting to go out for meals though - so that is a tough one. I am hoping that now I seem to be able to stick to my 29 points on a daily basis and not dip into my weeklies that will be easier and I can spend my weeklies on a treat like that. Maybe once a month date night or something.

I know my two friends who successfully lost weight on SW wouldn't use any syns at all during the week and blow them all on a saturday night take-out/meal out and drinks instead. Worked for them!

That could work, although my OH and I do tend to go out a lot for meals, and not always for date night, just as its convenient.
(In a general week, we'll have dinner before cinema on a Tuesday, Dinner after Zumba on a Thursday, with friends), Dinner on a Friday (Date night), and sometimes lunch or dinner on a saturday depending on what we're doing?!?! Crikey - thinking about it we sometimes go for carvery on a sunday too (although that's not as often anymore!)

I do think we need to cut down on our spending though. Especially as Jordan isn't too far off now. Though, i'm probably worse than him, i spend more per week on food, exercise and SW than he does on anything else!!!

I think the idea of doing something sporty is nice, but we only really see each other for maybe half hour after work on weekdays, as he has to get home for his dinner etc, and my week looks like this:

Monday: Zumba
Tuesday: Cinema
Wednesday: SW
Thursday: Zumba
Friday: Date night (But soon to be Choir rehearsals)
Saturday:?!?
Sunday: ?!? Varies every week!!

I am hoping to get more Wii in though and get the biggest loser going again, as really liked that!!
And even a little tempted to get my bicycle fixed!! Hahaha!!!

Yesterday was good - i felt a lot better being back on plan and having my routine back!! Today's been a bit up in the air, as got into work late due to the underground, and then missed breakfast as had to go out for flowers etc for a client, and so just been nibbling on some strawberries, and will have lunch soon!! (Salad!!) Yum!!

How are you getting on?! xxxxxx

Hi!

Sorry - I wasn't trying to tell you what to do at all! I think it is just hard trying to fit in 'real life' when on a diet. Like on Monday we are going to see Bon Jovi and grab something to eat in Bristol before it starts. I really want to do that and I don't want to mention my diet to DH at all in respect to it. Life is for living etc! I have spent far, far too much of my life avoiding going out as I don't think I look good (including in my twenties when I was a size 14 and had no children - how insane looking back) or because I am 'on a diet'. What I really needed to master was cutting back the times that I could...

Anyway, enough ramble from me! I am pleased today as I found it relatively easy to stick to points yesterday (for the first time) and I am down 2.8 lbs so far this week - I was starting to worry that wouldn't be able to stick to ww.

gtg and pick up the puppy from the vets (minus two little...). xx

Awww!! Hugs to your puppy!! (ouch!)

I know you weren't dictating to me hon - i just ended up writing a massive reply, rambling on as always!! Hahah!!

I'm also of the belief that life is for living, and so just scoffed a doughnut and out to nando's tonight, so just have to remember MODERATION!!!! I shall have chicken (with no skin), sweetcorn and salad....or something like that, and i'll thoroughly enjoy it!

Glad you're getting on ok with WW, and yay for your loss!!!! I keep jumping on my scales every morning now, but glad it's going back down again, albeit slowly!!! xxxx

Awww!! Hugs to your puppy!! (ouch!)

I know you weren't dictating to me hon - i just ended up writing a massive reply, rambling on as always!! Hahah!!

I'm also of the belief that life is for living, and so just scoffed a doughnut and out to nando's tonight, so just have to remember MODERATION!!!! I shall have chicken (with no skin), sweetcorn and salad....or something like that, and i'll thoroughly enjoy it!

Glad you're getting on ok with WW, and yay for your loss!!!! I keep jumping on my scales every morning now, but glad it's going back down again, albeit slowly!!! xxxx

I've got nandos tmw night think I will do the same :)

Daisy, Hi!

I completely forgot to come back as i fell off the wagon *bigtime*, and then went on holiday, and am now in a bit of a funk with life as didn't get accepted for uni, don't have a job, have the holiday blues, and not happy with myself... wow, sorry, the moaning is coming thick and fast right now!!! Eeeek!!

Either way I am contemplating going back to Lighterlife to shift the majority of weight, and will then return to SW once i'm happier and have lost the bulk of it (I did LL before and, whilst it was tough at times, i lost 3 stone in 3 months, and really need that kickstart right now)

It was lovely to come back and see that i was missed though!!

Hope you're doing wonderfully on your weight loss journey, and will check back soon!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back