MrsBurgundy's diet, dramas and diary entries!!

Hi

We are due back in the Uk either around xmas or early next year :sigh:..
No we are golfing at 7am in the morning -I only go for the walk though, the course would never recover from me attacking it :p -its great though as its about 3hrs up n down hill and I get to watch the eagles, deers and things :D

Yep -I have read about Jillians dislike of soya products -I used to be veggie for yonks and vegan for about 3 years but when I got a few quorn/soya products a while ago they just taste odd so Im glad she isn't raving about them -Im quite happy to give them a miss ;)

When I first got here shred DVD -I was amazed as I loved her approach straight away and I think its because she isn't all pink n frilly. I love the fact that she doesn't make allowances just because you are fat -she still expects the same from you, which was a revelation really -although when I first heard her say about the jumping jacks "there are NO modifications -I have 400lb people who do em -so can you" I could have passed out.
I think she has really helped me to push myself -Im now really keen to see just what Im capable of -rather than making excuses as to why I can't do XYZ :happy036:

We will have to compare notes when all the books arrive :clap:

Do you not want to come back here then!? :confused:

I agree!! Her approach is very refreshing - i need that kick up the backside to spur me on:asskick: , no pansy footing around the issue. I'm fat, and i need to get off my @ss to do something about it!!
She's just what i need to boost myself!! Love her approach to it all!!:D

Shall go and order her book now, definitely can compare notes!! Any other books worth a read?! Will try the master your metabolism one - though from all the reviews, people seem to complain most because it's "American" and so not totally relevant for us Brits!!
I am mostly tempted by the "winning by Losing" title!!:D xxxx

Thanks Zeke!!!!!!

Have decided to change my breakfast for some Quiche, as i'm off for a coffee in a bit, and wanted to save my HEA allowance for that!!!

So quiche and some fruit i think!!!!
Have a good morning!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well my diary was completely changed!! Was supposed to be having a green day, but think i ended up having extra easy anyway! Force of habit i guess!!

My day looked something like this:

Breakfast: SW Quiche (3), Bacon Sandwich = 3 x WW Bread (HEB), 1 tbsp brown sauce (1)

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Seafood salad (Lettuce, mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, sweetcorn, lobster/seafood mix, lemon) 1 tbsp low fat dressing (2)

Dinner: 2 x Joes burgers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions

Liquids: Squash, Shapers Cream Soda, Costa skinny Latte (HEA)

Syns: 6

Today i also received my new Wii games!! So have also set up and done a half hour workout on Biggest loser challenge!! And then did a tutorial, and 20 minutes as beginner on Wii Zumba!! Love BOTH of them, but am utterly whacked now!!! So going to chill out!!!

I think the mahoosive shopping spree didn't help much either!! LOL!!! i did however manage to get new batteries for my scales - which means i am know a serial scale-hopper again!! Was a little dismayed to see that i've gained 1.8lb this week, but as i don't know if they're calibrated the same as SW scales i'm not too disheartened by it!

I have realised that i'll be missing WI on Wednesday night, as won't get back from Alton Towers till late, so will have to either WI elsewhere (if there is a class) or miss a week! (Hmph!)

Never mind! If it means that next week i get a 4+ loss then that's ok with me! Lol!!

Off to chillout and watch more BL USA!! Started Season 10 last night, as it's the only one i could stream!!

Have a good night all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hey sweetheart,
Honestly - it depends on what the scales say!! If its a good week and i've lost, i'll stay, but if its bad and i've gained then i tend to go home! I'm a bit of a coward, and would rather rant here! Though my class is lovely!!

Sometimes though i have to go because i have other plans! I don't think they mind so much!!

And yes, y'day was a great day! Although, having just gotta outta bed, i'm determined to repeat it - though perhaps just doing one type of exercise!! Will see how i feel once i've had my morning coffee!!

Shall see what my scales say this morning..........OMG!!!

I've gone from being 1.8lb up, to now being 13st 10.4 on my home scales.

I know there's a difference in the morning but bl00dy hell!! That's a 5lb loss (6.8 if you count the scales 1.8 addition last night)

Not sure how that's worked, still will see what the wii says later!! xxxxxx

Hello again!! Well i'm up, had my porridge and a coffee!! Did my biggest loser challenge of the day (half hour workout) and then had a lovely shower!!
Just tried a new product my John Frieda to "touch up my roots" (as had highlights done by my cousin, but needs redoing!!) i figured for £6.99 a bottle, i could do it myself!! Must say, even though it says between 3-5 uses to notice, i can tell the difference already!! Result!!

off to Tesco's in a bit to return the vlothes that i didn't like (which was most of them!!) I kept the jeans and leggings, and one of the shirts, but the rest were an awful fit :(

The maxi dress was lovely, but made me look pregnant and was FAR too revealing, the 2 dresses were horrendous, the butterfly dress tunic thing was an awful material and just hung off me, and the red tunic thing was SO unflattering and heavy - no good at all!!
So will take them back, and have a look instore!!

Hope you're all having a great day!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ugh - sorry that you had to return so much of your shopping haul :( I hope you find stuff you like even more now though!

That is a big difference on the scales! Some of it will be a loss! There was a 3.8 lbs difference on Thurs between my morning weight (no breakfast, no clothes) and my WI weight (breakfast, clothes). No idea how much more I would be in the evening though...

Last edited:
Hey!! Well, i just got back!! After spending a massive £172 on stuff!!! (Although i'd had £60 refunded, and i bought my munchkin 2 wii games, myself a dvd and 2 books, and some thank you cargs and gifts for college teachers, so not feeling too guilty!!)
Got a few nice vests, a few blouses, and some combat trousers/shorts for zumba!!! And some night clothes cos i needed some summery ones!!

Feeling good still!! Although realised i totally skipped lunch so just had a slice of quiche (3), and had a skinny latte whilst out (2.5) and having a sw roast later, with mountains of veg (bless my mum!) so all is good!!!

Hope you're having a great day - even though the weather is miserable!!! No idea about the difference, but i'm not complaining! I wouldn't mind a loss, but sad that i won't know this week!! Urgh....Too much waiting around - i hate it!! I checked if there were any meetings near me on a Thursday that i could go to, but there aren't, so will have to miss a week!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, just thought I'd weigh myself before bed and am 13st 10.2, so with any luck am finally in the 13s, and have my 1/2 stone sticky (or will have) and only 8lbs or so till club 10!! Huzzah!!!

Anyway, just quickly, here's how today went;

Breakfast: oat so simple with skimmed milk (hea and heb), and coffee

Lunch: slice of quiche (3) (wasnt really lunch, as was about 4!)

Dinner: "roast" consisting of pork (no fat or skin), new potatoes, frylite roasties, Carrots, peas, sweetcorn,Yorkshire pid (2.5)

Liquids: costa skinny latte (2.5), options hot choc (2), squash

Syns 10

I'm quite enjoying staying on track!! Just hoping it lasts!! Have a hectic week lined up!! Xxxx

So, jumped on the scales again this morning,:scale: and was 13st 9.2, so definitely going in the right direction!!!

Still gutted i'm missing a week! But will just be amazing next week!!! Hehe!! :giggle:

Just had my Oats so Simple and a coffee,:coffee: and about to sort out the post at work!!

Then i'll have a fruit salad and banana,:bananalove: before having my scan bran about 1130!! Must get a slim tea in today as well!!

I have SS Soup for lunch today and can't wait!!! :gimi:

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry in this miserable weather:raincloud::badmood:

Love and hugs to all!! :heartpump::grouphugg:

Goodness, it's been really quiet today!! I'm just getting ready to leave work to go to a friends birthday dinner, and not sure how healthy it's gonna be, so tried to minimise my syn "damage"! Hahaha!

Breakfast: Oat so Simple and skimmed milk (HEA & HEB), Fruit cocktail (Strawberries, grapes, kiwi, melon, pineapple)
Lunch: Super Speed Soup
Dinner: Eating out (EEK!)
Snacks: Vegetable sushi (0.5) Muller Light, can bran with cottage cheese (HEB)

Just on way home!!! Wasn't as disciplined as should have been due to alcohol!! Who knew I was such a light weight?! Had 4 cocktails, 1 vodka diet coke and a tequila, and dinner was calamares, patatas bravas and chorizo....generally rubbish (didn't have Spanish tortilla) but hoping the walking round Alton towers, and wii workouts, and swimming and zumba will counteract it.

Anyway about to get off bus, and already a little wobbly so shall bid you goodnight!!!

Glad you had fun at Legoland!! Love and hugs xxxxxxx

I'm home now, and just on way to work! Feel like death and need more sleep! Was a stupid idea to go in early after Alton towers!!
Will talk when I'm not as sleepy! Xxx

Back