mspiggy

mspiggy

Hello everyone has taken me a while to figure how to do this and i hope im doing it right, i joined because i really need to loose weight, im 19.5 stone, dress size 24-26 and 5foot tall so not a pretty sight, i also have copd so cant exercise, every time i go on a diet i end up gaining more than i lose and im a terrible cook, on a proper downer at the moment because i know i will probably end up gaining 2stone as usual, sorry this is such a 'woe is me' !

Hello snakes and ladders, nice to meet you, im trying to be sensible about what im eating, not on a specific plan, i've tried slimming world, weight watchers and scottish slimmers in the past, never stick to the eating plans though- unfortunately.

never stick to the eating plans though- unfortunately.

Hey Mspiggy,

It sounds like you're in it for real this time, well done!

But you need to believe that you can do it and think positively! "I never stick to eating plans" makes it sound like it's outside your control whether you succeed or not.

I previously felt the same when I was adopting a pure "all or nothing" attitude, as in: "Oh well, I had one biscuit so I may as well have the whole box, everything is ruined now anyway".

But it feels liberating when you think more like this: "when you are dieting:

- YES you will slip up and have unhealthy food, but
- NO that does not mean that you can't lose the weight! Just draw a line under it and move on."

We are not robots after all...

You CAN do it, you CAN stick to healthy eating!

Keep us updated! xxx

Hiya and welcome to mini's. this is a really supportive forum and I hope you stick around and get to know us :)

Hi IreneH and Lynella nice to meet you, feeling inspired this morning thanks to all you guys (and paul mckenna) and thats despite stepping on the scales and seeing a big fat 20 stone, but im determined i will never see that again!

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of simple recipes to be found on here. I'm sure you'll find a few things that you can manage. I used to be an awful cook but have learnt a few lovely Slimming World meals that family and friends can also appreciate.

Try to keep your chin up as there is lots of support on here. What diet are you doing?

Thanks Snakes and Ladders, I think so too, the biggest difference this time is I have found all you guys !

Hi IreneH and Lynella nice to meet you, feeling inspired this morning thanks to all you guys (and paul mckenna) and thats despite stepping on the scales and seeing a big fat 20 stone, but im determined i will never see that again!

Hi again. Is it the I can make you thin cd? I have that but got rid of the book. I am great at reading diet and change your lifestyle books but not so good at implementing the ideas lol. I still listen to the cds I kept though as they're quite relaxing.

yep, thats the same one, also got the change your life in 7 days and stop smoking without gaining weight, got the lot for a fiver.

Hi mspiggy

Hope you are feeling better about the prospect of dieting, I also top the scales at 20 stone and have 8 to lose, you will find the people here fantastic for food ideas and if you need someone to talk to if you're having a bad day.

Feel free to talk to me if you want to as I am also just doing the healthy eating and exercise very loosely based around Slimming world.

Hope to speak to you soon

Katie xxx

Hi Katie, nice to meet you, i hope we can do this together, i am so happy i found all you guys, have been feeling good today and determined too, the reason i havent tried to lose the wait in a while is fear of putting double what i loss back on again, but i just cant give in this time.

Another 5ft girl checkin in, and I KNOW how hard it is to be a food lover and short! Don't worry, people are really supportive and informative here. :D

Thank you very much RaspberryRed, its just great meeting all these folk who really understand, im so used to feeling judged all the time, none of that on here xx

Nope no judgement here. :D I love how everyone has their own story and everyone respects that. There is tons of help all one must do is ask. :D

Hey, it's hard being a tall food lover too! ;)

People always say: "It's fine for you cos you're tall", but then you just get the woman-mountain effect, lol :D

No seriously I CAN see your point... :)

I'm so pleased that you are so determined now, mspiggy! You can totally do it! Just come on here when you feel like you want to cheat.

xxx

Back