MsRSimpkin's Inductions Diary

msrsimpkin

Flubber Buster
Well, I'm just starting Week 2 of Atkins Induction and I'm loving it so far! But it kinda of goes against everything I've been taught on any other "diet" I've ever tried, so I'm questioning myself all the time. So, thought I'd start a diary to, not only keep me on track, but also in hopes that someone else might notice if I'm making any mistakes.

So far today I've had a cabbage and mushroom omlette and an avacado. Yummy! I'll update later with my full day menu, but for now, I'll leave you with yesterday's diary.

Breakfast
Atkins Bar
(2)

Lunch
Tuna Wraps (4.5) (2 c Lettuce (0.4), 1 can Tuna (0), 2T Mayo (0.5), ½ c Cucumber (1), 3 Radishes (0.3), 1 stalk Celery (0.8), 2T Onion (1.5))

Cheesestring (0.5)

Dinner
Salmon fillets fried in butter (0)
6 spears Asparagus wrapped in Bacon
(2.4)
1c Cabbage & 1 clove Garlic sauteed in Olive Oil (4.1)

Snacks
Sugar Free Jelly (0.1) & Cream (0.5)
Pepperami
(0.3)
Beef Biltong (0.7)

Total Net Carbs: 15g

PS. The tuna wraps are wrapped in lettuce leaves, not tortillas.

Hi and welcome. I recommend you drop the atkins bars if possible - they stall a lot of people:(. Go for some yummy bacon and eggs, crustless quiche or mims - lots of alternatives! Good luck!

Today's menu has been a bit boring since I've been pretty busy, but I really enjoyed the omlette I had for lunch, so I had another for dinner. Hope there's no rules about egg-overload! Hehe.

Breakfast
None - got up late.

Lunch
Cabbage & Mushroom Omlette (4.9) (2 Eggs (0), 1oz Cheddar Cheese (0.4), 2T Cream (0.5), ½ c Cabbage (1.6), 1 c Mushrooms (2.4))
1 Avacado (3.6)

Dinner
Sausage & Bacon Omlette (1.9) (3 Eggs (0), 1oz Cheddar Cheese (0.4), 2T Cream (0.5), Sausages (1), Bacon (0))
Salad (5.5) (1c Lettuce (0.2), ½ c Rocket (0.2), ½ c Cucumber (1), ¼ c Cherry Tomatoes (1.5), 1 stalk Celery (0.8) ½ Avacado (1.8))
2T Caesar Dressing (1)

Snacks
Pepperami (0.3)
Cheesestring (0.5)

Total Net Carbs: 16.7g

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. yes i agree about the bars but then I'm a carb NAZI :)

I'd never have thought about having cabbage in an omelette though, that I must try!

Jim said:
I'd never have thought about having cabbage in an omelette though, that I must try!
Oh, you definitely should! Fry it off first so it goes all crispy and yummy then bung it! Gorgeous!

Well, I haven't eaten very well at all today! It's the start of my 'ladies week' and all I wanted was chocolate and comfort food! Plus, I've slept for most of the day (I get so tired around this time), so I haven't eaten any proper meals either. I'll have to try harder tomorrow!

Breakfast
None

Lunch
1 pkt Slived Turkey Breast (0.5)
Cheesestring (0.5)

Dinner
1 stalk Celery (0.8)
1oz Cream Cheese (1)
½ c Cherry Tomatoes (2.8)
5 Black Olives (0.7)
3 Radishes (0.3)
5 slices Pepperoni (0.6)
6 slices Ham (0.1)
½ Avacodo (1.8)

Snacks
Pepperami (0.3)
Cheesestring (0.5)
Beef Biltong (1.4)

Pork Scratchings (0)

Total Net Carbs: 11.3g

It may not have been the ideal day menu, but at least I didn't give into temptation!

Last edited:
Morning, now that looks like a good days eating, have you visited the recipe thread at all, loads of good recipe's on there.

Morning, Jim. Yes, I've had a good flick through the recipes sticky (and there are some very yummy sounding ones!), but I really wasn't in the mood for much prepping and cooking yesterday! It was a bit of a "Grab n Go" day. Hehe.

I'm happy to say, though, today is different. I'm currently enjoying a cheese and salami sandwich made with MiM 'bread' and pepperoni crisps. Yummy! And I've got a little baggie of celery sticks and radishes to munch, since I'm going to be out most of the day.

Busy day today, so I made myself a packed lunch. I made a MiM and sliced it into 6 to make a few ikkle salami and cheese sandwiches. And I also took some pepperoni crisps and a baggy full of veggies.

Breakfast
Coffee with 2T Soya Milk (0)
* & Splenda (0.5)

Lunch
Cheese & Salami Sandwich (3.9) (MiM (3.2), 1oz Cheese (0.4), 3 slice Salami (0.3))

Dinner
Crustless Quiche (5.2) (2 Eggs (0), Cream (1), 2oz Cheese (0.8), 1c Broccoli (3.4), Bacon (0))
2T Cream Cheese (0.8)
Mattesons Smoked Sausage (0)
½ Avacodo (1.8)

Snacks
10 Pepperoni Crisps (1.2)
6 Radishes (0.5)
3 stalk Celery (1.6)
50g Pate (1.6)

Total Net Carbs: 17.1g

* I'm not sure this is right, can anyone confirm or correct me? This is the one I have - T Unsweetened Soya Alternative To Dairy 1Ltr - Groceries - Tesco Groceries. The nutritional info says 0.2g carbs per 100ml and 1.3g fiber. In theory, that should be 0g net crabs, right?

I like to take 1/2 an avocado and put tuna in the middle. As I eat it I keep putting a little more tuna in. It's very filling and the avocado is it's own little bowl :)

Morning Minky, you sound well prepared there. :)

I like to take 1/2 an avocado and put tuna in the middle. As I eat it I keep putting a little more tuna in. It's very filling and the avocado is it's own little bowl :)
Ooh, that actually sounds relly nice! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip :)

Morning
menu sounds good especially pepperoni crisps, how do you do them? x
They're pretty easy, but a little time consuming if you have a small microwave (like me!). Just lay a couple of layers kitchen roll on a plate place as many slices of pepperoni on it as will fit and microwave.
They will sizzle for a while, you know they're done when they stop sizzling and are hard and cripsy.

They're yummy, but I bought some very strong pepperoni this time and the taste was a little too overpowering, so I could only eat a few at a time. I'll try with some milder pepperoni next.

I also tried the cheese crisps, but they just got stuck! Hehe. The bit I could chisel off was lovely, but the rest just tore the greaseproof paper with it.

All sounds yummy:)

Pretty average day. I didn't want any lunch since I was still full from breakfast, but I didn't want to go too long without eating so I just grabbed a Pepperami and a pack Biltong, and that happily lasted me until dinner.

Breakfast
Crustless Quiche (5.2) (2 Eggs (0), Cream (1), 2oz Cheese (0.8), 1c Broccoli (3.4), Bacon (0))
Sausages
(1)
1c Mushrooms (2.4)

Lunch
Pepperami (0.3)
Beef Biltong (1.4)

Dinner
Ham Salad (3.7) (Ham (0), 1c Lettuce (0.2),
½ c Rocket (0.2), ½ Avacodo (1.8), ¼ c Cherry Tomatoes (1.5))
2T Caesar Dressing (1)

Mattesons Smoked Sausage (0)
1oz Cheddar Cheese (0.4)

Snacks
Pork Scratchings (0)

Sugar Free Jelly (0.1) & Cream (0.6)

Total Net Carbs: 16.1g

Morning, I have done the same with prawns and mayo inside an avocado. yum yum

Back