MsRSimpkin's Inductions Diary

I did JUDDD for two weeks and it didn't suit me at all.

The psychology of it sounds marvellous in theory: you're only "on a diet" every other day, so the days when you can have whatever you want are supposed to make the restricted days bearable, but it just didn't work for me in the slightest. Having to semi-starve myself every other day made me feel SO deprived and SO unhappy that on the days when I could eat what I wanted, I only wanted to eat rubbish carbs. So I was miserable because I was starving and miserable because I no longer wanted to eat the healthy food I'd been enjoying on Atkins for months: in short, I was a mess :(

BUT, as I say so often, we're all different, and there are definitely people who get on well with diets like JUDDD. You may be one of them, so it's worth a go if you feel you need a change. I did it because, like you, I was curious, and though I found it awful, I did learn things about myself in the process so I don't consider it a dead loss.

Very best of luck with it, and let us know how you do :)

Afternoon, I tried a bit of juddd in July with atkins on my up days....I found two days a week was ok but when I tried a third DD the cravings set in......good luck with juddd

Hi guys, thanks for replying. Yeah, I'm mostly just doing it out of curiosity too. I had all intentions of attempting to stay at least slightly lower carb, but when faced with the opportunity, I ended up having a bit of a carb feast yesterday! Oops.

My biggest problem all my life is that I know how I SHOULD be eating, but I just don't! It's not like I'm not educated about food and the right choices i should be making, I just make the wrong choices most of the time. I guess that's why I'm in this mess now.

I don't know until I try it if it's right for me. I could hate it, at which point I'll no doubt come crawling back with my tail between my legs. However, if I can hack it (and it works), I'll stick with it as long as I can. I think yesterday I was just making up for all the bread I'd missed on Atkins. Hopefully, my choices will be more educated in future.

I don't actually like feeling hungry or deprived (obviously! ;)), however, it doesn't really depress me or make me feel bad when I know I can eat well tomorrow. That said, I'm only three days in. My opinions may change with time.

Did u see that docu about the 5/2 fasting diet? On two days a week u eat 500cal they must not be consecutive days, then other days they said eat what u want, the study group who ate lots lost same if not more weight than those who watched what they ate. I was thinking of doing this over xmas xx

Was that a different one to the horizon doco? I'd be interested to watch - am also thinking of doing it to maintain over xmas as I know I won't be on plan.

No, I haven't seen it, but I've heard people talking about it, and read an article written about what an uproar it caused. Oops! Heh

I'm currently alternating days so some weeks I'll have Saturday as my Up Day, so I can have a takeaway with the family, a the next week it'll be Sunday, so I can have a Sunday dinner.

What a good idea to do it over Christmas too! If nothing else, at least it should help you maintain, instead of piling loads back on.

I did JUDDD for a bit - and found I got on OK with the DDays when I held off for as long as I could before eating anything (I get hungrier in the evening), so usually started with a bowl of yummy courgette soup at about 2pm.

i do occasionally still have a down day, but am sticking to low carb the other days.

Good luck with it, anyway, and let us know how you get on :)

Morning, hope juddd is working for you..

Back