MsRSimpkin's Inductions Diary

I'm a happy, happy bunny! I bought myself a new pair of jeans today and they were a dress size smaller than my old ones! I haven't even completed 2 weeks of Induction and I've already dropped a whole dress size! Happy days! :D

Breakfast
Smoked Salmon rolls (2.5)
(Smoked Salmon (0), 4T Cream Cheese (1.6), ¼ Avacado (0.9))

Lunch
2 stalk Celery (1.6)
4 Radishes (0.4)
Beef Biltong (1.4)

Dinner
Beef Stew (6.1)
(Beef (0), Beef Stock (0.9), ½ c Green Beans (2.1), ½ c Cabbage (1.6), 2T Tomato Purée (1.5))
MiM (3.2)

Snacks
Pork Scratchings (0)

Total Net Carbs: 15.2g

Last edited:
Just found your thread as I'm doing Atkins/low carb for maintenance after lighter life. Well done on the dress size in two weeks!! Liking your recipes/menus as well.

Morning Mrs... Great planning and detail! Avocados are great but I checked on the Atkins carb counter and it's just the Haas variety that are low carb - the others are really high ... Have no idea why that is?!

Great news on the size drop! X

Hi guys :) Thanks for dropping by!

Yes, I read that Haas are the only low carb avocados. Which is great, cos I love them! Although, I've recently read that overdoing them can make you stall! Eek. I'll have to keep and eye on my avocado intake! Hehe.

I'm off to visit the inlaws for a couple of days so I'm taking lots of food and things to snack on while I'm there, because their fridge content is never low-carb friendly! Hehe

At my in laws house, waiting for my kebab meat while everyone else eats KFC! It might not be KFC, but it's the only diet I've ever done where I can have a kebab and still loose weight! Thank you, Dr. Atkins! Hehe

Hope you enjoy the kebab! :)

Just checking in on your diary! Congrats on dropping a dress size already! Hope that happens for me, i have a new pair of work trousers i cant fit into!!

Your meal plans are great! Im not sure if i like avacado..might have to give one a try....

Keep up the good work! :)

Morning, that's good to hear on the jeans :D

Evening. Just love avocados too. I can remember not liking them as a child - and then one day i just did - wierd bodies:D

Ooh, smoked salmon in salad... that sounds delish! I'll have to remember that!

Well, I got up this morning, had some eggs for breakfast, but come mid-afternoon I was still feeling tired and groggy. I went for a nap which lasted a lot longer than planned. So, it looks like I'm going to be up all night!

The downside of this being, I always get the muchies when I'm up all night and I don't have much "on plan" food in the house (DH's crisps keep calling me! Hehe). I really need to go shopping soon!

Menu so far today:

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs
(3 Eggs, 1oz Cheese, 2T Cream)

Snacks
Pepperami

Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs
(3 Eggs, 1oz Cheese, 2T Cream)

Lunch
None (slept through it - oops!)

Dinner
Cabbage, Bacon & Mushroom Omlette
(2 Eggs, 1oz Cheese, 1c Cabbage, 1c Mushrooms, Bacon)

Snacks
Lemon & Lime "Mousse" (SF Lemon & Lime Jelly, 2T Cream)
Pepperami
2 stalk Celery
40g Pate

hey, i was reading your diary and i just want to tell you how well your doing and how motivating you are to me. i love your menu and i'm still yet to try an omlette with cabbage as it sounds lush:D

Mmm that omelette does sound good! Well done so far :)

One small tip - if you find you want to use your cream for something else, try making scrambled eggs with just water, I do and it's lovely and light :)

Back