Muffy's battle with her self! 16 weeks 100% ....

Thanks for your support xx New start today :D Think of the gorgeous dresses you can buy now that the weather is getting nicer :)

thank you tcm hope your doing well today?
not been around the forum yet today....ill have to catch up with the diarys and threads in a little while xxx

Thanks for your support xx New start today :D Think of the gorgeous dresses you can buy now that the weather is getting nicer :)

hey p_mcg

yes its a fresh start today no point faffing about again. iv learned that i can get back to it the next day, its when 1 day turns into 4 that i know its a major problem.

we have both lost the same amount so i totally understand how much this has meant and how hard it has been to get here. the worst thing we could do before reaxhing goal would be to just give up and then look back in a months time and think 'if only id stuck to it i could have had another stone off by now' im never going to do that AGAIN!

have a fab day girl xx

Just been thinking .... I find that once I get under a certain number ( 14 stone or 13 and a half stone for instance ) I mess up. I think I'm finally starting to see triggers. I know that I never want to get over that weight again but if I have 2-3 lb to play with I seem to test the boundaries and hope that I stay under it but then I get so close to going back above it I scare myself and reality check kicks in to make me 100% again. This is why i think that the scales need to go for a bit, I won't feel safe until I'm under 13 now and yesterday I scared myself but today I was given a 2nd chance by not gaining and I hope I appreciate it enough to stick to it without weighing and just trust that it is working and see how I go? I need to lose about 3.7 lb a week to get to 12 stone on 1st may. I was wondering if I should add a meal once a week like a special treat on Saturday night? If I stick to allowed ketogenic meals. surely if I have something to look forward to it's got to be better than binging? Xx
Any comments welcome x

so i might seperate the soup and shakes into 6 seperate meals which will mean i wont have time to wanna pick at anything in between and just the extra water in my shakes will give me over a litre of my water today :)

This sounds like a plan Muffy :)
Hope your day goes well ... I will have a wee read later, to see how it goes
Marge
:D

Quickly popping in to my diary as I'm standing in the kitchen. Hubby has been to the shops for me and cut the cabbage, carrots, beans and potatoes so now I'm bored lol why is it when I want help I don't have the offer but when I need something to do he wants to be helpful? Lol

Oh well, iv had 1 vanilla shake split into 2 meals so far today and 2 litres of water. Not hungry so doing well. Not having the bar for breakfast seems to be a good thing as I was thinking if I really do fancy it I could have it later maybe while watching tv in bed? Then if it makes me a bit Peckish I wouldn't get up and eat! :)

Be back soon no doubt! X

Dinner is over with!
I'm still sat at the table having a mushroom soup ( 1/2 pack made with a litre of water ) and i blended it up in a jug with a few extra hot jalapeño's thrown in! :)

I know they're bad and naughty and probably have some sort of citric acid in but I was looking on the label and 1/8 th of the 90g jar has 3 calories. 0.1g sugar. 0.1g fat. Trace saturates. 0.1g salt. But doesn't say anything about carbs??

Ingredients are jalapeño peppers. spirit vinegar. Water and salt.

Any idea about carbs? X

I found this on a GI diet site but not too sure if it's accurate?

Food Item: peppers
jalapeño canned / jarred
Food Quantity: 1/4 cup
Carbs: 1.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Net Carbs: 0.5g

Last edited:
Hiya,
I'm afraid I've no idea about the peppers Hun, but I think your plan about the ketogenic treat meal at the w-end sounds like a good idea. If it's gonna keep you going it's worth it. Loosingbthe scales sounds like a good plan as well - I just can't do it, I have tried...even if I physically threw them out, I know I'd have to find some way of getting up to boots once a day!!

Good luck,
xxx

I know I will probably cry by Tuesday if I can't weigh but then I went a month 100% no food passed my lips and that didn't kill me so not standing on scales for a week I can do....rite? Ummm.

X

I tried on a couple of pairs of trousers in a size18 today that I'd saved for summer and they're loose! I know I won't fit into a size 16 but it can't be too far away, if I get to 12stone hopefully I'll be able to fit into a size 16? Iv never been lower than an 18 since I could buy my own clothes so wouldn't know what weight I'd have to be to get into a 16... I'm 13 stone 4 now and 18's are loose. I'm so happy about that :D

I had an ok day. Got up cleaned downstairs done washing and not much else until after dinner when I Sorted out the 4 boys clothes and cleaned and hoovered their rooms put them in the bath and watched dancing on ice. For lunch and dinner i had a mushroom shake split in 2 meals today but i added a couple of jalapeño's to it for a kick! Not too major a problem I'm sure. Decided that its best to have No bars for a few days so had a really big ( added over a litre of water ) banana shake for this evening and now laying in bed with hubby watching CSI but I really want to go to sleep.

Hope tomorrow is kind to everyone xxx

Night x

Glad today went well Muffy
Marge
:D

Iv had a litre of water and half a vanilla shake made into latte today so far. Not feeling hungry so hoping ketosis is well on it's way? Ketostix might arrive tomorrow so I can check. Iv been doing vlcd non stop for 12 weeks nearly and iv just decided to buy some ketostix because I'm curious to see if the bars kick me out or even if I'm kicked out by adding spices to the packs or drinking coke zero? Everyone different so can't always have some things just because other people can. Also I'm thinking that maybe challenging myself to stay in ketosis each morning can rake place of weighing??

Anyway. Got the other half of my vanilla shake to look toward too in a bit and another bottle if water. Taking kids straight to the park from school today then I'm going to have a yummy tomato and basil soup. I just wish it was bright red! Would love it to look like tomatoes so that I felt like I was eating tomato soup because I can't actually taste anything that is remotely like tomatoes in it lol xxx

Have a good day everyone xx

What colour is the soup muffy? I only have shakes xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

nomoremuffintop said:
Just been thinking .... I find that once I get under a certain number ( 14 stone or 13 and a half stone for instance ) I mess up. I think I'm finally starting to see triggers. I know that I never want to get over that weight again but if I have 2-3 lb to play with I seem to test the boundaries and hope that I stay under it but then I get so close to going back above it I scare myself and reality check kicks in to make me 100% again. This is why i think that the scales need to go for a bit, I won't feel safe until I'm under 13 now and yesterday I scared myself but today I was given a 2nd chance by not gaining and I hope I appreciate it enough to stick to it without weighing and just trust that it is working and see how I go? I need to lose about 3.7 lb a week to get to 12 stone on 1st may. I was wondering if I should add a meal once a week like a special treat on Saturday night? If I stick to allowed ketogenic meals. surely if I have something to look forward to it's got to be better than binging? Xx
Any comments welcome x

Just been reading your diary, I love your pics it's amazing seeing the difference.

I'd not really thought of this, but I think I have the same, when I get close to a new number or to losing the next stone / bmi category I sabotage myself or try and push the boundaries. I think for me it's time to let my head catch up, and get used to the next achievement - I just wish I could stay focused and plough through the next stone or two.

Hope you're having a good day and enjoy the sunshine :)

I was wondering if I should add a meal once a week like a special treat on Saturday night?

Now I've actually been doing that. It wasn't my intention but I got invited out the first couple of weeks and yesterday I just plain cheated :) I'm sure it must slow my weight loss down but today I have felt better and not quite so deprived. My real issue is going to be not over doing it if I do allow myself a night off. It'll be interesting to see how much I've lost at my weigh in on Wednesday.

I'm having a good day thanks x

I feel just the same as you. Need to get my head straight before I'm on this diet for a year instead of just the 6 months that I'd planned originally :) you are doing brilliantly, the amount of weight we have lost in the time we have been doing vlcd is still fab but just imagine where we would be now if we hadn't blipped over and over?

I went to the shops on the way to get the kids and picked up some smoked haddock. I thought I'd stick it in the freezer for days I feel like adding a meal ( probably weekend ). The thing is now I have it I can't see me needing it but it's best to be safe! Oh and my hands really smell of fish urgh! X

At the park with the kids. Made and drank my 2nd half if this mornings vanilla shake in front of loads of skinny mums and puzzled dads in the picnic area lol felt good to not care what they thought because I'm doing what's right for me :)

I am not hungry at all and still 2 shakes to get through today :)

:)

Had a good day again woop!
Came home from the park and made the family one of my favourite dinners of chicken and salad wraps. every time iv made them in the last 3 months i think iv cracked and eaten a bit if cheese then a bit if salad then sneaked a bit if chicken then ended up making a whole wrap full of the above and soaked it in mayo but today .... NOT A NIBBLE !
I made sure than any left overs were chucked straight in the bin and then i ate half a bar!

Iv Just been on a bike ride with my 10 year old son Kye so when I got home I had the other half of my bar and have drank 3 litre of water so far today too. Looking forward to a honk and a hoot today :D

XxxX

Last edited:
Hey Muffy,

Re: the jalapeno's... I seem to remember staying clear of them when on LT the last time because they contain citric acid. I doubt very much that a couple of pepper will do much damage but maybe something to think about?

Also, be careful with the meals if you decide to have the occasional one... for me it was the start of the slippery slope. If you think you can plan to have a meal and jump straight back on the VLCD (I think with your willpower and determination you definitely could) then go for it!! It does feel nice to eat and not feel guilty lol

Sounds like you're having a fab day, keep it up xxx

Sounds like you're having a really good day, and great work resisting the call of those wraps, it's particularly hard when it's one of your favourites. You'll be so pleased when you see the results on the scales :)

Back