Muller lights a no no?

louschu

I've just been reading todays chat on the official website and it seems that muller light vanilla is not allowed at all not even as a tolerated food. I don't use them personally as they contain gelatine which I don't eat but I know they are a very popular choice on this diet. The powers that be seem to keep changing their minds on the whole yoghurt debate, I can't keep up with it all:confused:

lol welcome to the wonderfully confused world that is dukan

i have yogurts in muffins or yogurt cake i dont eat them on their own so it doesnt concern me i think people have to decide if it stalls them or not and make their own choice 7dukan seems to change to suit its highest grossing audience at the time

Mullerlighs are very yummy but I've been slowing and am going to do without and put vanilla in greek yog. Be interesting if I notice any difference. Very confusing.

Previously on the official site theyve said no to the toffee one and yes to vanilla, they change their minds with their socks.

They are useful to have around to start you off and good for when you have been going a while and want something sweet and easy, but not an everyday (or 6 times a day as we've seen before :rolleyes: ) item for most of us.

I wonder what evidence sways opinion to and fro?

Is that many people are stalled by muller light even if many aren't?
Is it that the irrestible craving for vanilla-ry sweetness leads some into the the 6 a day excess?
Is it that muller lights are part of an international conspiracy by the illuminati to make us all slaves to the Pan-dimensional High Fructose Cornsyrup Demondim?

Well, I don't care! I have my pot of toffee muller in the fridge, and I am off to make toffee muffins ( which was to sole reason for coming on this site tonight - yes I need the recipe). I have been looking forward to making these all week, and want to see why you Dukies rave about them!
Atropos - keep away from those Dan Brown Books!

Tessa (lying prostrate at the Altar of Muller Light)

This week's official chat line on Mullers as a tolerated item

ecnichols_1 : Thanks for your reply...would muller light vanilla be allowed as a tolerated food then?
cathy : Hi again ecnichols, unfortunately not, Muller light vanilla flavoured yoghurts can't be included in the tolerated items. Have a nice day!

I just bought 10 tonight and will share them with hubby but I must say that I've used them from the start and am losing weight...

Have been going to slimming world recently and they have changed the syn values for Mullerlights so perhaps the recipies have changed?

I think it's because they have added sugar.

'offical rules' say must have less then 2% fat and no added sugar. But if you eat them and still lose weight there obviously isnt a problem with having the odd one

I have a slightly different take on it, but it's anyone's guess.

Quite a few things are "allowed" in the UK, which aren't in France, where the diet originated, and I wonder whether they've noticed a difference in the weight loss of UK Dukaners. Just my thoughts.

I've only just joined here so didn't know that these were not allowed.

Given I have lost 14 lbs in one month, have hit my goal, have consolidated for a week without gaining, all with eating one of the toffee or vanilla mullers a day, I think I'll continue :)

I've only just joined here so didn't know that these were not allowed.

Given I have lost 14 lbs in one month, have hit my goal, have consolidated for a week without gaining, all with eating one of the toffee or vanilla mullers a day, I think I'll continue :)

Absolutely but perhaps you don't partake in cottage cheese, ham, bacon, pork fillet, goji berries, and goodness knows what else has recently been introduced ;)

What works for one, mightn't work for another!

Back