Multivitamins with probiotics

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Before i start, i know that CD packets gives you all the vits and minerals you need....

I have eczema which always gets ten times worse when i'm on CD cos i usually take a yakult or actimel or any other liquid probiotic every day. I have just picked up soe tablet form "multivitamin and probiotic" fro tesco and wondering if it'll hurt to take them too.
Its not the vitamins i need, just desperate for the probiotic!

Thanks in advance
xxx

Before i start, i know that CD packets gives you all the vits and minerals you need....

I have eczema which always gets ten times worse when i'm on CD cos i usually take a yakult or actimel or any other liquid probiotic every day. I have just picked up soe tablet form "multivitamin and probiotic" fro tesco and wondering if it'll hurt to take them too.
Its not the vitamins i need, just desperate for the probiotic!

Thanks in advance
xxx

Does the milk in the packs irritate you??? Have you tried the loctose free ones????

Nope, its the yeast. Eczema is related to your intestine believe it or not. Keep your gut bacteria happy and you dont get it even half as bad.It flares up during stress, and the body surviving on 500cals is stress in my book!
Happily - it means i'm more likely to get thrush too - woopeeeeeedoo! I'm not lactose intolerant but thanks xxx

Hi Leah, Not sure if they are ok to use on CD but there's one called PREBIO 7 which are jammed with every friendly bacteria known to man too many to type out now but I got mine in Holland & Barratt, not cheap but can't remember how much. 1.02 cals per capsule (500mg) and 138mg digestible carbs hope we can use pre/pro bio's they take away a lot of bloating ( Not enough for me tho!!)

Nope, its the yeast. Eczema is related to your intestine believe it or not. Keep your gut bacteria happy and you dont get it even half as bad.It flares up during stress, and the body surviving on 500cals is stress in my book!
Happily - it means i'm more likely to get thrush too - woopeeeeeedoo! I'm not lactose intolerant but thanks xxx

Well thats a pain in the butt then! So slim, constipated, itchy skin and itchy minni - you're a bloody star!!!!

Not slim mate. My eczema actually is pretty good at the moment, its a preventative method :D
you leav my privates out of this (they are pretty healthy too thank you! Added bonus of the coil which is GREAT for harvesting those yeast infections. Yummy yummy)

Thank you bigley b :D Sensible answer. The ones i have have "negligable" cals and carbs but 10million cultures which i'm happy about. Huge tablets but very pretty lookin xxx

Oh gosh Leah. I doubt anyone would be able to tell you for sure as these sorts of things rarely have any nutrional content labelled.

I use bimuno which a prebiotic as opposed to a probiotic. It's a little sachet of powder that I add to drink. Works brilliantly, but it has 5g of carbs so I wouldn't have thought it would be suitable with Cambridge.

I guess, if you are desperate, you could try something and watch carefully. Not only to see if you drop out of ketosis, but also if the weight stalls (not everything is about ketosis:D)

Just for anyone who's interested the difference between a prebiotic and a probiotic:

Probiotics add healthy bacteria to your gut so that it hopefully out balances the unhealthy bacteria. Unfortunately they are often killed on the way down, but some 'escape' and can prove to be beneficial

Prebiotics are non-digestable foods that feed your good bacteria giving you lots and lots of the yummy things :D. They are not destroyed on the way down. Lots of foods contain natural prebiotics but I use Bimuno as a supplement if I'm off colour or have IBS symptoms.

Gorra love a bit of bacteria.

did you know that there are more bacteria in your mouth than the sum of all the people that have ever lived on the earth?

All mine are called neville xxx

There is only yeast in the soups.

cambridge company history()

Back