Mummie joins daughter !

Today is weigh in day and this is the end of week 3 ! OMG I have lost 4lbs making a total of 12 lbs in 3 weeks. I feel over the moon x It is really noticeable now - my belt is now 2 notches tighter and I have gone down a dress size. I'm finding the diet easy my saving graces being 0% Greek yogurt, baked custard, jelly, and rhubarb . I never used to have puddings but now I fill up with these. I'm never really hungry and I don't really crave anything.
I have challenges ahead but not this week so here's hoping I maintain the weight loss and maybe loose a bit more x

ooo Rhubharb! Love it. Discovered it only a couple of months ago and eat it almost everyday - easy, tasty and perfectly on plan sweet treat :D.

Feels really good going down a dress size doesn't it? You are doing really well xx

Have had 2 crops from mine so far and hoping for more. Aldi have had a really good offer on rhubarb so have been purchasing! Will have to go on to frozen when out of stock !

Having a really lazy lie in reading my new Dukan book bought for me by my gorgeous daughter who you all know as Tryin again or Dukan v Thyroid xx ( she'll kill me for this ! ) thank you for keeping me so positive x I wonder if anyone else finds they go up and down in weight during the week and eventually end up down ( hopefully ) by a couple of pounds ? Maybe I should just weigh weekly now. Am having hair cut today and although it's only been 3 weeks I am sure that I've lost off my face and when I look in the mirror with wet hair I will feel better about myself. Oh well better stop ranting and get going x

Successfully managed to combat one of next weeks challenges. I am going with 5 other for afternoon tea in a posh hotel on Tues. For someone's Birthday treat. This has been booked for ages . It's a special set tea with sandwiches cakes and meringues so a definate no no and I am paying a lot of money to just have a cup of tea while the others all devour their treat and probably mine as well. Plucked up courage and rang the hotel who are doing me a seafood salad with no dressings and no fuss it will be ready for me - how easy was that ?

First challenge of the week today ! Out for Sunday lunch with friends we have recently got back in touch with. I expect it will be a Sunday roast so am planning to stick to meat and veg as it is a PV day. I am driving so I'll have no trouble explaining the absence of alcohol and I really don't want to share the fact I'm dieting with these people. I find it can get boring plus the fact that they are all stick thin . All my friends locally know what I'm doing and are tremendously supportive but these friends are likely to pass comments like " oh you're always on some diet or another - you haven't changed ! " Somehow I feel very vulnerable today and don't really want to go ! I will have been Dukaning for a month tomorrow - where has the time and the weight gone - hope I've lost weight tomorrow !

I hope you has a good day yesterday, you looked fab, you can really see the weight loss now. Well done on overcoming the meals out etc x

How did the Sunday lunch out go? I know we're always self conscious that people will notice what we're eating and not drinking but my experience is that people usually don't give a monkies!! haaaaa! People are more careful these days with their alcohol consumption I find so saying one's having a month off, or driving, always works... as for the food, I doubt anyone could tell you what you ate!

Lovely to hear that you're trying's Mum and it's so good that the two of you can support each other, share recipes, and good and tough times together.

As for having your hair cut to improve your weigh in, well... :)-)). Do you see any pattern with your weight fluctuations? Is it a gain after a PV day, for instance? Weekly weighing is probably a saner way of doing it if you can keep away from the scales. Most of us can't though!

x

Well as predicted Sunday was a real trial mentally for me ! As soon as we got there drinks were offered. I said I was gasping and would love a large glass of cold water- back comes a retort from the guest I was dreading "are you dieting ?" Honestly I'd been in the house 2 minutes! I said I wasn't ( not a lie as this is a life plan ) Then on to the meal which wasn't served till later than expected. Tried to keep to PV but each time I made my choices the same retort was given. I suppose I should have told them but it's over now and we move forward.
today is the afternoon tea which I've already altered so looking forward to that. Weighing in later but reckon I've stayed the same. I had gone down 2 lbs but then as happened before it went on again.
As for having hair cut to improve weight loss lol ! I just wanted not to look so chubby when it was wet !

Well there it is 1lb to go before 1st stone ! Was hoping to do that today cos 3 days ago I had but hey ho never mind will get there in the end. So 1st month and 13 lbs lost Wow something is working ! 5 weeks till I go on holiday for 5 WEEKS ! Want to loose plenty more before then and I promise I'm not giving up ! Plenty of salads and fish and mustn't forget to take the oat bran !

Have a lovely time at lunch today, Super Nana!

Sounds like you were right about your friends yesterday. I have a friend who is exactly like that, she's the dearest, loveliest person, but the second I bring up Dukan, she starts going on about how all the cottage cheese made her feel sick, and "it's disgusting... I don't know how you can eat like that".
We went for a Hammam at the weekend, so we were pretty much naked and my body has already started changing. She asked "what are you doing, you look great!" but rather than have the old Dukan argument again, and deal with all her negativity, I just said I was eating more protein and vegetables (again, not a lie).

Food is a touchy subject for alot of people, but I don't thing many of us have truely got it sussed. I think it's all about determining what works for you. And clearly, Dukan is doing you some great favours :) Just keep doing what you're doing :)

Had a great time yesterday ! A few issues to be dealt with ie the prawns arrived covered in sauce but I sent it back and asked for balsamic vinegar for a side dressing. So while the others had their finger sarnies cakes , scones ,cream and jam and meringues I chomped my salad which to be honest was a bit flavourless ( reckon they washed the sauce off and I had the same prawns but less !) But I did it and felt so good for doing so. Difficult to keep the subject off dieting but am sure they'll get used to it in time ! When I got home I had a bolognese with veg before going to choir last night . I look after one of my Grandsons 3 days a week and today is one of them. He'll be off for a sleep soon and then preschool thus afternoon so all in all a good day where I hope to finish a quilt I gave been making since last year! Happy days oh and my other 2 Grandsons come back from holiday tonight - can't wait to see them xxxx

Well done on resisting the temptation :)! and almost a stone in the month - amazing!

I love baby sitting! I look forward to (with some trepidation) days that I am off and my sis has to work so I can have the little one all to myself ... the outpouring of affection when no one else is around :p.

Hope you had a good time with your grandkids xx

Well now gone past 1st stone so really pleased. Off to Brighton tomorrow - let's hope I can avoid fish and chips. It actually now doesn't appeal at all but it's just when you're in a crowd. I will either have shellfish or a steak !

Nearly in 16's . First time in years - can't wait ! Also can't believe how easy it is to stick to this diet once you are in the mind set. Going on a 5 week break to Corfu in 2 weeks time ! Shouldn't be too much of a prob as plenty of salads and protein available. It'd be amazing if I can stay off alcohol. Have been going for at least 25 years so they are going to be surprised !

You're looking fantastic!:clap:. You'll be fine on holiday i'm sure. Just stick to it as best you can and don't worry when you can't. x

Wow, a mother and daughter team: have we had one on here before? How cool is that!

Congrats on the results so far, and enjoy the upcoming holiday. Corfu: very jealous...

Cx

Back from 5 weeks in Corfu and cannot believe the weight gain ! NOTHING ! Was convinced I'd be back where I started as clothes felt a bit snugger ! I had to take trousers in by 4 inches before I left! Straight back on Attack for 3 days and have lost 4 lbs! Soooo proves you can have a holiday and enjoy your food. I only had salad with meat minimal alcohol, no bread but the odd crisp and ice cream every day for the last 2 weeks ! I took my bran with me along with sweetener and had Yogurt for breakfast( 0% ) with it mixed in. The trick was to go straight back on Dukan and it's working ! Sooooo happy ! Hubby's 65th birthday today so off to make him a bacon sandwich whilst I have bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato. Loving this diet xx

Back