Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

:) Glad to see you've got a nice new name that is more appropriate for the new you! :)

I think the ticker says it all diet-wise, a bit ...blergh, not giving it my all!
Feeling ok, but just a bit tired and need a kick in the bum to get me doing anything!!

I need to sleep more!

I have been a bad lazy bugger and put a 'few' lbs back on while I've been off the wagon for a couple of months......

Trying to behave and make a 100% effort now so I'm in good shape for summer!!!

Any news on your funding?

Well I got on the course, I have accepted an unconditional offer and handed in my notice at work, so it's all official! I need to check now if there is any funding available as you can't apply for most things unless you've already committed to the course!

Congratulations - how long is the course?

12 months, starting in September, so trying to save up now!

Could you maybe organise an exibition to sell some of your work?

Not sure...... With the economy as it is, it's a really bad time for selling things that aren't essentials :(

But if you have enough pieces to assemble for a show and it wouldn't cost you anything why not give it a go?

You could approach some local 'public places' and ask if they would be willing to display your pieces - I have seen pieces for sale in my local library, town hall, gp surgery, community centre etc

I know nothing about art but I believe that art bucks the trend when there is an economic downturn because there are always people around who want to own lovely things

Might it be worth testing the waters?

You have to wait over a year to get an exhibition most places (that the work will actually sell in).
I wanted to try get one quicker so I had an exhibition in a local library last year, it took loads of work to prepare for and cost quite a bit for printing and framing, virtually no-one saw it and only one person inquired about buying a piece. I'm also not happy with that work anymore and want to continue to work on my more current style, so don't have a huge amount I'd like to show.
I've been invited to submit a piece for an open exhibition at a gallery I had a piece in last year, so I will put one into that, that will be for sale. I think my best bet is just trying to save as much of my wages as I can!

Good luck with whatever you decide - I'm sure you'll reach your goal:p

Worst case scenario is just that I'll have to get a job at the weekend/evenings, I'll get it sorted one way or another!

Woo hoo!!
Actually behaving myself and managed to lose 4.5lbs (was in 2 weeks actually as I missed a weigh in, by hey!)

Next weigh in tomorrow morning.....fingers crossed, I think I've lost a pound or two :)

How's things with you? I've been very slack in my minimins duties lately, and your diary is so popular I can never seem to keep up!

Back