muscle aches on plan

tanya12

hi all a bit of a strange 1 do any of you have achy muscles? my thighs and arms are aching constantly :cry: i do 12 hour shift but have for the past 3 years so no change there and i go gym (sometimes) lol but the last week i just cant shake the ach and i was wondering if any1 else has this too i mean is it the diet or just my body doing a weird 1? i have lost a awful lot this week like 8lb but i dont remember this happening last time o was on the plan :confused:

Hi hun, what day are you on? I was very tired, achey and irritable at the start. Maybe it's the cold weather and your body adapting to the new regime. I'd go for lots of pamper time in a warm bath xx

im on day 9. a friend of mine who is a body builder told me im not taking in enough protein cause of the long hours i work and im in danger of my muscles wasting away i dont know what to do for the best

Also re protein.... I have more than I'm meant to have, I don't weigh out 100g chicken, I just have a whole breast, obviously if I stop losing weight ill stop doing this, but at the moment it's working, so you could try upping it? X

It deff sounds like lack of protein. I started working out whilst on this diet and started with sore muscles which took longer to recover, and then ended up with heart palpitations. As soon as I upped my protein everything went back to normal. Listen to your body and don't over strain yourself :) xx

are you taking a vitamin supplement?

are you taking a vitamin supplement?
hiya i take vit b complex with folic acid but generally have a chicken breast once a day with some broccoli as a meal this brings my kcals up a bit but my carbs stay very low and i sometimes have scrambles eggs too so im wondering do i really need to up the protein as i have quiet alot already btu then again i am on my feet from 7am til 8pm when working and then gym too

I was like this at the beginning when I was just doing 4 packs, even climbing the stairs to my flat I could feel the fatigue in my leg muscles, it did settle down, and now I add in additional protein whenever I'm a bit more active - not had the problem since :)

could be a mineral deficiency- try a good quality multi-vitamin and mineral, sounds like you are getting plenty of protein.

Back