Mushroom advice

iwillbethinagain

Silver Member
So, I can have mushrooms as part of my veg, but it says "not fried" on the advice sheet, is this fried in oil or fried at all? I have no idea how to cook mushrooms (sliced ones) except fry them. I was intending to dry-fry them. Would this be ok?

Awesome. Thanks.

YES!! I can have friend mushrooms... anyone know if we can have onions/shallots?? mmm friend onion and mushrooms lush! x

This diet is THE BEST!

I put mine in a bowl, a little bit of water, cling film and microwave. Then I pour off any excess liquid, they are delicious this way and don't dry up x

I chop mine up and add them raw to the spag bol or chilli then microwave the dish as normal. I've started freezing them in ready sliced portions and do the same with the frozen mushrooms too.

I fry mine with a few sprays of frylight. I like to have mushrooms with all the meals lol

I do use small amounts of red onion in some things, i've looked it up and it has 11g of carb in a whole cup worth which would be a lot and i only use a quarter of onion..it's odd that shallots are on the lists as they have the highest carb count of all the onions because they are sweeter, the lowest carb in onion is the spring onion

Hi Straykat... i thougth that too, surely if u can have shallots u can have normal onion! S&S is weird sometimes, i was told we can have diet vimto juice now apparenly we cant! Make ur mind up!

I just put mine in a pan with enough water to not dry up (1/2 cm) and the lid on. Had them tonight with the mushroom pasta- was delicious!!!!

Back