Mushroom burgers with stilton & fries only 4.5 points!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Laurie, 13 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Slim and Save
    Wow i have to tell you all about my delicious dinner tonight. I got it out of this months ww magazine. And without a word of a lie its the nicest dinner i've had in ages!
    I'm normally quite fussy and i flick through the magazine and never find anything i like.
    But this caught my eye the pic in the mag looked yummy... so i tried it tonight. I would totally recommend this meal it was fab. Ummm and i'd never have thought about cooking chips this way but they didnt disappoint at all...i'll write the recipe underneath for those that want to have a try its well worth it!

2 large field mushrooms
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tbsp finely chopped fresh curly parsley
    1 large garlic clove crushed
    75g ciabatta roll, split
    good handful rocket
    25g stilton,crumbled
    1/2 small red onion,sliced finely
    For the french fries
    300g pots, such as king ed's or maris piper, cut into thin chips
    low fat cooking spray

1preheat oven to 180'c. To make the french fries, place the finely sliced potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet. Mist with low fat spray, and season well. Roast for 20mins turning occasionally, until golden.
    2 Meanwhil, place the mushrooms in a bowl and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Season well and add the parslry and garlic. Heat a nonstick griddle pan and toast the ciabatta halves on both sides until lightly seared. Remove and set to one side.
    3 Add the mushrooms to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until softened and lightly charred. Pile the rocket on to each ciabatta half, then top with a mushroom and some stilton. Scatter the red onion over and serve with the french fries.

just to let you know i never used rocket or parsley it was still fine...i added a slice of ww bacon layed that on the roll 1st just add half a point.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  4. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Slim and Save
    yeah honestly it was gorgeous
    im gonna make my own fries from now on get loads...
    am i right 25og pots is 2 points?
    Lau xxx
  5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

That sounds lovely! I always make my own chips like that now - they are especially nice using cajun seasoning, mmm. And like you say, you get loads for the points. I think the potatos I get are usually just under 190g each and they work out at 2pts each.
  6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

sounds yummyx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.