Mushroom burgers with stilton & fries only 4.5 points!

Laurie

MM addict
Wow i have to tell you all about my delicious dinner tonight. I got it out of this months ww magazine. And without a word of a lie its the nicest dinner i've had in ages!
I'm normally quite fussy and i flick through the magazine and never find anything i like.
But this caught my eye the pic in the mag looked yummy... so i tried it tonight. I would totally recommend this meal it was fab. Ummm and i'd never have thought about cooking chips this way but they didnt disappoint at all...i'll write the recipe underneath for those that want to have a try its well worth it!

Ingrediants
2 large field mushrooms
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh curly parsley
1 large garlic clove crushed
75g ciabatta roll, split
good handful rocket
25g stilton,crumbled
1/2 small red onion,sliced finely
For the french fries
300g pots, such as king ed's or maris piper, cut into thin chips
low fat cooking spray

1preheat oven to 180'c. To make the french fries, place the finely sliced potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet. Mist with low fat spray, and season well. Roast for 20mins turning occasionally, until golden.
2 Meanwhil, place the mushrooms in a bowl and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Season well and add the parslry and garlic. Heat a nonstick griddle pan and toast the ciabatta halves on both sides until lightly seared. Remove and set to one side.
3 Add the mushrooms to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until softened and lightly charred. Pile the rocket on to each ciabatta half, then top with a mushroom and some stilton. Scatter the red onion over and serve with the french fries.

just to let you know i never used rocket or parsley it was still fine...i added a slice of ww bacon layed that on the roll 1st just add half a point.

yeah honestly it was gorgeous
im gonna make my own fries from now on get loads...
am i right 25og pots is 2 points?
Lau xxx

Back