Mushrooms? Garlic????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by FatFairNForty(ish), 13 November 2006 Social URL.

1. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    Can I have mushrooms on AAM?:confused: Boiled in small amount of water with garlic?:confused:

I have really enjoyed having "proper" food but would LOVE to have mushrooms with my 2oz chicken this evening!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hiya, mushrooms are fine...but as far as I remember from other threads garlic is a no no! I had chicken with mushrooms every night on AAM, done on my george foreman grill...

4. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    OMG your kidding about the garlic surely??? I've had some every day!!!:eek: NOT garlic salt... the real stuff... fresh.. crushed and sliced... oh man... I was sure I was told it was ok!!!! AARGH!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi

Just a quick tip on the mushrooms. I do mine in the microwave, cover with cling film, no water needed as they "cook" in their own juice. Only a couple of mins max (obviously depending on how many you are doing) you could always try 1 min, and see if they need more time.

6. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    *salivating now... lol... they sound so good!

Thank you both!

(I use my daughters George Foreman grill and it's ace!)

7. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I wish I was kidding FFF....I love garlic and I'm sure it was Linda (CDC) who posted that it wa a no no...then again, if your still in ketosis and it hasnt done you any harm, then maybe its ok for you?

8. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    *faints*

9. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    JUDDDish
    I suoppose garlic isn't allowed because it is of the onion family and they have a high carb content. But surely the amount eaten would not be enough to cause a problem, unless we are talking anti-vampire quantities here?

10. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source

oooh I don't know.....:( I have been having a clove or two every night... :rolleyes:

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I see you've been revived so FFF??! I miss garlic..... sooooooo much.....and it would get rid of icky ketosis breath too!!

12. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    Blimey - I am going to be so gutted., lol... how pathetic is THAT??? I even bough a jar of garlic bits today (the tiny pieces that are nothing but garlic) thinking that would be so much easier than crushing and slicing... still... it might still be in date when I get to goal next Christmas!!!!

I just love it SO much Kazz... lol... wish I'd mentioned it last week when I started on AAM!! Eek!

13. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Isnt lazy garlic the best invention ever?!!!

14. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    well, it would be if we could eat the darn stuff! lololol

15. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)

But then you'd have icky garlic breath.......Oooh choices, choices????? LOL:D

16. olijames

olijames Member

Diet:
    LL-SSing
    Hi guys!

OMG I would never have thought garlic would be a big no no, what a total bummer!!!! As for the onion family, I ate about a desert spoonful of red onion last night....will I be out of K! Was hoping I may have gotten away with it!

Yikes...the thought required...well I guess if I just stuck to the SS plan there'd be no thought required!

Good luck ladies and roll on the garlic days , theyre on the horizon somewhere!!!

17. punkass

punkass Silver Member

So not fair... I bought onion today to go with my chicken and mushroom kebabs which i planned for tomorrow on my first AAM day ever. I thought it would be okay because on South Beach Diet, which is like Atkins but with veg (apart from root veggies), u can have onions... will give onion to my mate to do something with it - no way am I eating anything thats not allowed or even questionable, its bad enough that i have to eat at all!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

I used to eat so much garlic that I never had garlic breath....well hardly ever :eek: :eek: I miss garlic!!

20. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yeah it's all pants eh?? I actually thought it was a no no cause of all the sugars...you can caramalise onions etc....never really thought of it as carby...hrm....no more garlic.....boooooooo!!:( nevermind..you can have some spices and herbs instead!! xx

21. FatFairNForty(ish)

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source

s'not the same - thrrrrpppp (raspberry blowing!):eek:

22. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    ah well.....we are doing what we do best...being a GC. You love it!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.