Mushrooms? Garlic????

Hi

Just a quick tip on the mushrooms. I do mine in the microwave, cover with cling film, no water needed as they "cook" in their own juice. Only a couple of mins max (obviously depending on how many you are doing) you could always try 1 min, and see if they need more time.

I suoppose garlic isn't allowed because it is of the onion family and they have a high carb content. But surely the amount eaten would not be enough to cause a problem, unless we are talking anti-vampire quantities here?

I suoppose garlic isn't allowed because it is of the onion family and they have a high carb content. But surely the amount eaten would not be enough to cause a problem, unless we are talking anti-vampire quantities here?

oooh I don't know.....:( I have been having a clove or two every night... :rolleyes:

Blimey - I am going to be so gutted., lol... how pathetic is THAT??? I even bough a jar of garlic bits today (the tiny pieces that are nothing but garlic) thinking that would be so much easier than crushing and slicing... still... it might still be in date when I get to goal next Christmas!!!!

I just love it SO much Kazz... lol... wish I'd mentioned it last week when I started on AAM!! Eek!

I see you've been revived so FFF??! I miss garlic..... sooooooo much.....and it would get rid of icky ketosis breath too!!

But then you'd have icky garlic breath.......Oooh choices, choices????? LOL:D

Hi guys!

OMG I would never have thought garlic would be a big no no, what a total bummer!!!! As for the onion family, I ate about a desert spoonful of red onion last night....will I be out of K! Was hoping I may have gotten away with it!

Yikes...the thought required...well I guess if I just stuck to the SS plan there'd be no thought required!

Good luck ladies and roll on the garlic days , theyre on the horizon somewhere!!!

So not fair... I bought onion today to go with my chicken and mushroom kebabs which i planned for tomorrow on my first AAM day ever. I thought it would be okay because on South Beach Diet, which is like Atkins but with veg (apart from root veggies), u can have onions... will give onion to my mate to do something with it - no way am I eating anything thats not allowed or even questionable, its bad enough that i have to eat at all!

Yeah it's all pants eh?? I actually thought it was a no no cause of all the sugars...you can caramalise onions etc....never really thought of it as carby...hrm....no more garlic.....boooooooo!!:( nevermind..you can have some spices and herbs instead!! xx

Back