Mushrooms

MissMuNkY

Silver Member
Hey fellow M&Ms! Just a quick question, if I dry fry mushrooms will they be lighter, same or heavier when cooked?

I'm trying to judge how much I can have, I have a 150g of button shrooms but didnt wanna cook them off if they get heavier?

Lighter when cooked I think so you should be fine

I heard mushrooms absorb water so I think heavier. I put mine in a pan with a tiny splash of water, heat the water, throw the mushrooms in, stick the lid on and let them 'steam' in the water. They're perfect and no oil etc (and I also add fresh thyme when I remember to buy it)

I have scales I just don't want to cook too many mushrooms and have to throw away food if I cook them and its too much.

I am dry frying them tonight :)

No problem - they will def be lighter - if you're dry frying there is nothing to add to them for them to get heavier...

I dry fry 300g of mushrooms, with a bit of water, and it comes out at just over 200g cooked. 300g is the size of a normal say tesco punnet... Happy days :)

Yeah I cooked 200g and it came out at 145g :)

Deezer said:
Mmmmm love mushrooms!!!!

Me too! I have them every night lol.

I always have 200g uncooked veg. I know its meant to be cooked but its too much hassle weighing after. Xx

Back