Mushy Pea Curry

Just had this for tea with a bit of cooked chiken in it and SW chips. It was very good and worth doing again. Wasn't 'hot' enough for my OH but he said he would eat it again. :) Result!!!

Erm...didnt like it at all!!:eek:

After all the comments here I thought this was a 'no brainer'...just goes to show that each to his/her own.

So the next day,I thought I would try the sweet and sour recipe.
Pasata + vinegar+ splenda.....making a sweet and sour sauce...added peppers, onions, pre-cooked chicken, pre cooked celery and it was delicious.:D

I've not made it yet, been laid up with shingles so not eating much which is bad i know, how come you never liked it? Just interested before i make it

Hi There I just made this version of it............
I added the other ingredients to improve the taste!

Pete’s Mushy Pea Curry

Serves 4
Syn Free on EE
Ingredients
1 300g Tin of mushy peas
1 400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. of garam masala
1 Tbsp. of curry powder
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tbsp. sweetener
Method
Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with fry Light until transparent

Add garam masala, curry powder & paprika, stir continuously for a few minutes until the onions are coated.
Add the mushy peas, tomatoes and cook for 15 mins until it thickens.

Allow to cool then blitz with a hand blender.

When reheating add 100mL per person of hot water and bring to the boil, then turn to simmer.

Add chicken to the sauce or use it as a general sauce.

(I had chicken & chips)

I added pretty much the same as you.. but there was *something* missing.

It was the sweetener.. thanks! That made it perfect.

Hurry up chips and cook damn you!!

Ooh yummy, this sounds fab, will give it a try tonight! Got some M&S reduced fat pork sausages (1 syn each) so will have it with sausage and chips, mmmmmmmmm!

I absolutely love mushy pea curry :) I leave mine chunky and throw allsorts into it; butter beans, onions, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, frozen peas, potato....owt iv got really, lol.

I have also started melting EL laughing cows into it too...and it is totally immense!!!! Definitely recommend!!!!

Made this for the first time on Tuesday night, but a slightly different recipe - I didn't include so many ingredients.

Mine was simply, one fried onion, chicken breast pieces, a tin of chopped tomatoes, a tin of mushy peas and a LOT of curry powder.

It's so gorgeous, I can't get enough of it :drool: The above ingredients went quite a long way - I've had it Tuesday with SW chips, same again on Wednesday and will be finishing the rest off with a jacket potato tonight. Mmm I cant wait :p xx

I've not made it yet, been laid up with shingles so not eating much which is bad i know, how come you never liked it? Just interested before i make it

Hi Gemma
Well I seem to be in the definite minority here (nothing wrong with that!!)
I just felt that it had a silkiness I didnt like. A sort of cloying texture on the palate. Perhaps I just blended it to death?

Hi Gemma
I just felt that it had a silkiness I didnt like. A sort of cloying texture on the palate. Perhaps I just blended it to death?

Have you tried it not blended? That's how I have mine and it's like a proper curry, really yummy :drool: xx

Made it last night and loved it! Had it with SW chips, and 3 M&S low fat sausages (1 syn each) plus lots of salt and vinegar yum, yum, yum! Gonna add some chicken, onion and mushrooms tonight and have it with half rice, half SW chips yum!

lognor8 said:
Hi Gemma

Im going to try it sometime over the weekend and i will report back lol x

Nikcot said:
Made it last night and loved it! Had it with SW chips, and 3 M&S low fat sausages (1 syn each) plus lots of salt and vinegar yum, yum, yum! Gonna add some chicken, onion and mushrooms tonight and have it with half rice, half SW chips yum!

Are those sausages nice? I've yet to taste a nice low fat sausage :sigh:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Omg, just had to post to say how gorgeous the mushy pea curry is. Had it 2nite 4 dinner and in my opinion it was far tastier than the Chinese nom nom nom!!

I cant really imagine what this is like. Im gonna make the chip-shop-style mushy pea curry sauce to go with some fish & chips later in the week, but the mushy pea curry itself Im really unsure about... is it similar to chip shop stuff or like a "real" curry?

I cannot for the life of me imagine eating a curry with chips and sausages and stuff like a lot of people seem to be doing with this tbh, but so many people seem to be raving over it Im wondering what on earth it tastes like :confused:

Are those sausages nice? I've yet to taste a nice low fat sausage :sigh:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes they were nicer than expected as I'm not a massive fan of low fat sausages, the pork content was quite high compared to most other low fat sausages, think they'd be really nice in a casserole too. Well worth a try :)

I am seriously hooked on this stuff :D

After a really naughty weekend I'm trying to have lots of Speed/Superspeed, so this will do just the trick.

Going to make it again tonight using fried onions, chicken breast pieces, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of mushy peas, curry powder and a coconut flavoured MullerLight..just like a chicken Korma :drool: mmmmmmmm xx

Back