Mushy Pea Curry

Debridger said:
Well, it's worth a try - personally, when I fancy Chinese curry I use the mayflower powder and syn it

We've got the mayflower curry, I just like to experiment! Thursday's are my 'weird food night' as my OH calls it. He goes to college and I try something out of the ordinary that he would never cook for when he gets back! I think you're right though, stick to the Indian spices for this, I don't think I could make anything better than Mayflower.

where would you find the may flower one and how many syns?

I still haven't tried this so might have a go this week. Can anyone tell me if it tastes more like a Chinese or Indian curry?

To me, neither. It tastes like chip shop curry to me :drool: xx

Princess_Stevie said:
I am seriously hooked on this stuff :D

After a really naughty weekend I'm trying to have lots of Speed/Superspeed, so this will do just the trick.

Going to make it again tonight using fried onions, chicken breast pieces, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of mushy peas, curry powder and a coconut flavoured MullerLight..just like a chicken Korma :drool: mmmmmmmm xx

Wow never thought to use a mullerlight, what a great idea! I love this curry looks & sounds awful but it's yummy!!

Well, what a winner this was!! I added a few things to the original recipe on here - some crushed garlic cloves, some garlic salt and some hot chilli powder as we like a kick in our house!! I also used madra curry power. Cooked for about 20 minutes and then put it in the food processor and got it to quite a smooth consistancy. When I was ready to use it, I fried (in Frylight) some chunky cut onion and chicken thighs until browned and then added the "paste" from the food processor and about 200mls of beef stock and WOW!! It was gorgeous. The consistancy after I added the stock was perfect. I also added some peas to the curry. My OH loved it too and said it was the best curry I've ever cooked. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as I've spent hours slaving over spices and making pastes in the past for some of the Asian curries I've made and this one was done in minutes in comparison!! I'll definitely be experimenting with the spices I put in in the future, if any are winners I'll post what I used on here.
:)

I've now had this twice - it's so lovely!!!! I don't bother blending mine, just add some water to get it to a nice consistency and added cooked chicken, mushrooms and cherry toms to it, yumm!!! Thanks to the OP :)

I am with Lilyb..................unblended pile of NOM! This has got to be in my top ten of SW recipes : FACT :D

I'm gonna have to give this a try, it seems to be a pretty iconic recipe and one that lots of you have tweaked to your own tastes, I'm getting in on that action!

Today will be my first day back on plan after a bit of a two week binge.

Tomorrow night, after swimming, I'm going to cook up a huge batch of Mushy Pea "Korma" for tea :drool: ..even better, there'll be plenty left over for lunch on Friday! Yum yum, I can't wait! xx

We had this for dinner last night and it was yummy I forgot to add beans this time though and it was different but still lovely

xxx

We had this for dinner last night and it was yummy I forgot to add beans this time though and it was different but still lovely

xxx

I've never made mine with baked beans - I fear it would be too tomatoey.

Did you find much of a difference? xx

It wasnt as thick and the texture was different. But it was still lovely think next time I will remember the beans though because I like a thicker curry. I dont find it tomatoey with them so maybe try it. I put a coconut muller in and because it was already quite runny it just made it very runny. Blooming tasty though lol

xxx

It wasnt as thick and the texture was different. But it was still lovely think next time I will remember the beans though because I like a thicker curry. I dont find it tomatoey with them so maybe try it. I put a coconut muller in and because it was already quite runny it just made it very runny. Blooming tasty though lol

xxx

Really? I always just do a tin of mushy peas and a tin of chopped tomatoes for the 'sauce' and always find it pretty thickish. Certainly not runny. Thats probably to do with the amount of chicken, vegetables and curry powder I use though, they probably suck up all of the sauce :8855:

Oh, pleased you liked it with the coconut MullerLight. I always make mine that way because Korma is my favourite type of curry. I cant wait to make this for tea tomorrow :drool: xx

I always use Mullers in curry as well I love Korma :) Have yo tried the Vanilla one in it? That can work as well. I once used it by mistake but it was yummy x

Back