Music? Rock: Punk / Metal, etc

Shinedown, nightwish, guns n roses, pantera, five finger death punch, adema, trapt, linkin park, thornley, alter bridge, black stone cherry, pearl jam, biffy clyro, disturbed, breaking benjamin, nickleback, lacuna coil, stone sour, meatloaf, queen, bon jovi, acdc, paramore, theory of a deadman, papa roach, the offspring :D \m/

I used to listen to a lot of this music in my teen years, not so much now. Still listen to some pop-punk now and again, mostly Sum 41, Blink 182 (going to their concert in two months can't wait :D), New Found Glory etc.

i love rock music my fav band is black Sabbath so much so i had it tattooed on my back i prefer the older stuff :)

i also like pink, Whitney Huston and mushy love stuff and the 80s :)

Hey all :)
I'm into so much music! List includes metal, indie, dubstep, drum n bass, classical, underground, shoegazer, punk, ska.
Fave band is Radiohead, AC/DC comes a close second. Other bands I'm into are system of a down, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer, stormtroopers of death, iron maiden, Motörhead, my bloody valentine, swervedriver, bark psychosis, spiritualized, mogwai, pink floyd, jeff buckley, prodigy, chemical bros and the list goes on and on and on!

Gama bomb,metallica, ac/dc,motley crue,annilhator,amon amarth,bon jovi...alot more ,i've a pretty wide taste

Me too! Can you believe I've never actually gotten around to seeing them...next time they tour (if they do) I'll definitely see them with Daisy :)

metal is my religion and Judas is my priest! My father was a 70s stoner so I was raised on the likes of Sabbath, Deep Purple and Jethro Tull (got to see them when I was 10 and sit on the stage, it was amazing).then moved onto the likes of WASP, Metallica, GnR, then the likes of hammerfall, rhapsody, nocturnal rites and amorphis.hit 18 during the rise of Nu Metal so was a big fan of Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, Spineshank and the like. Then started listening to all sorts of stuff, Dimmu Borgir, Ministry, Tool, Blind Guardian, Clutch, Orange Goblin, Machine Head, Lamb of God, Hurt, Manowar. too many to mention I think, but needless to say anything vaguely rocky or metaly I will be listening to.In my best Boromir (lord of the rings) accent ' One does not simply listen to slayer without playing air drums'.

metal is my religion and Judas is my priest! My father was a 70s stoner so I was raised on the likes of Sabbath, Deep Purple and Jethro Tull (got to see them when I was 10 and sit on the stage, it was amazing).then moved onto the likes of WASP, Metallica, GnR, then the likes of hammerfall, rhapsody, nocturnal rites and amorphis.hit 18 during the rise of Nu Metal so was a big fan of Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, Spineshank and the like. Then started listening to all sorts of stuff, Dimmu Borgir, Ministry, Tool, Blind Guardian, Clutch, Orange Goblin, Machine Head, Lamb of God, Hurt, Manowar. too many to mention I think, but needless to say anything vaguely rocky or metaly I will be listening to.In my best Boromir (lord of the rings) accent ' One does not simply listen to slayer without playing air drums'.

Damn! I remember collecting metal records in the 80's! I had all the albums at the time from AC/DC, Saxon, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Rush and so on and so on.

And to add to your LOTR impression, one does on simply listen to AC/DC without doing the Chuck Berry duck walk, ala Angus Young!

I'm going to Hellfest in France with my bf, we are actually looking for people to maybe camp with if anyone is looking camping buddies :)

Top 3:
Tool
Cult of Luna
Agalloch

Others: Moonsorrow, Opeth, Mushroomhead, Spineshank, American Headcharge, Seether, Days of the New, Pearl Jam, Katatonia, Hurt, etc ...

My Top 3 at the moment would have to be : Sick of it all, Deez Nuts and Teenage Bottle Rocket although my morning trek to work music has to be more chilled like Angels and Airwaves :)

Less metal, more noisy and weird but here's what I love -

Katatonia, Devin Townsend. Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Khoma, Meshuggah, The Ocean, Opeth, Gojira, Shining (Norwegian), Ihsahn, Origin, Dillinger Escape Plan... I could go on ;)

I like female fronted metal/symphonic metal.

I love Nightwish but a bit concerned over the fact they've had two lead singers walk out now!

I also like epic movie trailer music, Two Steps From Hell are amazing.

Everyones posts basically feel like my own haha! I have AX7 lyrics tattooed on me, Blink 182 & Greenday will always be my little favourites though :)

Top 3: qotsa, kyuss, wolfmother
Others: clutch, slipknot, deftones, rammstein & them crooked vultures

Back