Mussels!!!

red1983

Hi guys,

Cooked some mussels at the weekend and thought i would share the recipe with you all. I love them but usually stay away from them as they are normally cooked in wine and cream - however i made a tomato base which was yummy!!!

I cooked some red onion and garlic off with frylight then added some fresh chilli. To this i added tinned chopped tomatoes with basil and some pasata.
I then added some veg stock and some chilli powder and let it cook for 5-10 mins. I then added the mussels and waited until they had opened..

It really was a lovely tea and so so easy to do!!!

K xx

I'm eating mussels and prawns by the ton lately! Mussels are 97p for quite a few (heh) in Asda...Just boiled I think. I love them straight out of the plastic tray!

Reminds me of an exchange visit to France in my teens. We walked along the seashore collecting mussels, never thought anything about it till they were served up for tea! I struggled to find a way of saying I was allergic to them, and had a nice omelette! I still haven't plucked up the courage to eat one!

I have never tried them, i'm too scared to . What do you do with them.

Bettylollypop - Literally just make up the tomato sauce as above and then add the mussels. Keep the lid on and just wait for the mussels to open - discard any that don't!! I was a little worried about doing it but honestly was so easy and really tasty!!!

k xx

I have been avoiding them for the same reason (wine and cream!) but that sounds yummy! farm foods do a huge bag of mussels for a great price if I remeber rightly, but thats just the meat, but they would work just as well..thanks!

oooooohhhhh *druuuulllllessss*** guess what i'm having for tea tonight red1983?? ha ha
I love sea food - and you have made me hungry now!!! lol

:D xxx

Back