Must I consume shake/soup within 15-20 mins?

lizzy27

Hello, I've been reading postings with great ideas for making the food more enjoyable, including taking soup in a flask for lunch -which would be fab. When I did LL and CD, both stipulated that the shake/soup/porridge had to be consumed within, I think 20 mins, so that you'd get effective nutrition.
I know Exante products are different, but it does say on the packs to serve immediately - can anyone confirm that it's OK to freeze, flask the shakes etc. Thanks

You do have to have the pack within 20mins of making it. If you dont the nutrients deplete.

Blue Butterfly said:
You do have to have the pack within 20mins of making it. If you dont the nutrients deplete.

That is the Exante advice but I took soup to work in a flask everyday for eight months with no adverse effects, just give it a good shake before you drink it.

In my experience the shakes don't wait - the taste goes off if stored. I always took a multivitamin too, some will say its not necessary but it made me feel good so I did.

No issues with hair, skin, nails, teeth, gums, etc. so it's up to you.

GSQ.

You are not meant to consume after 15-20 mins as said in previous posts because the nutrients in the packs start to deplete but ultimately its up to you.

The 3 packs are meant to be nutritionally balanced so if some of the nutrient values decrease you will be left with a deficit.

We are given advice, its up to you what you do with it, what works for some doesn't necessarily work for all ;) xx

Yeah, I agree the shakes can go off... smell them after sitting for a while, a bit gross! No wonder our breath ends up stinky!! Eek!

Back