My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hey you

Don't worry about going over cals, you did plenty to reverse it, and if it doesn't show in this weeks weigh in, it defo will next week.

Well done for a good week, your determination is remarkable xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey guys, not a huge loss but I am happy with it. 0.4lb, I weighed in at 301.4lb.

I think it's time to drop my calorie intake. I have been on 1900-2000 for a month now and I have just not lost very much.

So I am gunna put it at 1650. Is this a decent amount?

Anyway I am not too gutted, after the last month I am just glad to see any loss. And I am feeling pretty good. But it would have been nice to go under 300lb.

Wowee, well done. You have so much positivity! Hope your not aching today though. Please send some my way hun!

I don't feel achy at all :eek: Although I have used the rowing machine so much recently, I am sure my body is used to it :D

Hey you

Don't worry about going over cals, you did plenty to reverse it, and if it doesn't show in this weeks weigh in, it defo will next week.

Well done for a good week, your determination is remarkable xx

I feel crazy for doing it at 10PM haha I am glad I did it though, if I didn't do it I think this weeks weigh-in would have been heavier.

Thanks for your kindness once again! I try to stay determined!

Seeing 17.0lbs under my name suddenly feels like a much bigger number. Has been slow over the last month but I am finally making a bit of ground.

I think now is a safe time to drop my calorie intake. I will try 1650 for a week and see how it goes. So this week SHOULD be a big drop.

Well done. I do still think that the exercise you are doing is making your net cals under 1200 meaning your body holding onto fat rather than letting it go, but if you keep going as you are then it SHOULD eventually drop off. You could try less cals and see how you get on over a couple of weeks.

17lbs is a great loss, and the number will rise. You just gotta play around with numbers and workouts etc until you find your 'sweet spot' so if you do try anything new, try if for 2 weeks or more to let your body catch up.
When you find the sweet spot, just keep doing it and you'll have steady losses.

My sweet spot is around 1600 - 1800 cals, zero exercise and the last 3 weeks I've lost 12.4lbs. But it took me about 4 or 5 months to find it.

You'll get there, your battle is won mentally and that's the hardest part. Xx

Well done. I do still think that the exercise you are doing is making your net cals under 1200 meaning your body holding onto fat rather than letting it go, but if you keep going as you are then it SHOULD eventually drop off. You could try less cals and see how you get on over a couple of weeks.

17lbs is a great loss, and the number will rise. You just gotta play around with numbers and workouts etc until you find your 'sweet spot' so if you do try anything new, try if for 2 weeks or more to let your body catch up.
When you find the sweet spot, just keep doing it and you'll have steady losses.

My sweet spot is around 1600 - 1800 cals, zero exercise and the last 3 weeks I've lost 12.4lbs. But it took me about 4 or 5 months to find it.

You'll get there, your battle is won mentally and that's the hardest part. Xx

Yeh I'll probably do what you are doing. 1600-1800, no more, no less. I think that would suit me. I am really looking for my own special formula atm. And I think 1900-2000 is too high.

So I will go for 1600-1800. Although I will be doing exercise too, I am not overdoing it. We will see!

It all depends on how much exercise you do, we tend to over-estimate how much we ACTUALLY do. I also read somewhere that the calorie counters on the machines are completely wrong - apparently you're lucky if you burn even half of what they say.

You're not too tall, so I'd say your estimate of about 1600 is right. As your body loses mass (and hence has to expend less energy to carry itself) you may have to lower it to 1400-1500 to lose the same consistent weight you are expecting to go.

It's all about deficits. You need a basic 1200 calories for your body (brain and organs) to function if you were lying down. Add-in day activity and it raises to whatever you need to 'maintain'. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. So you need to find that deficit. So work on that sort of equation. :)

It all depends on how much exercise you do, we tend to over-estimate how much we ACTUALLY do. I also read somewhere that the calorie counters on the machines are completely wrong - apparently you're lucky if you burn even half of what they say.

You're not too tall, so I'd say your estimate of about 1600 is right. As your body loses mass (and hence has to expend less energy to carry itself) you may have to lower it to 1400-1500 to lose the same consistent weight you are expecting to go.

It's all about deficits. You need a basic 1200 calories for your body (brain and organs) to function if you were lying down. Add-in day activity and it raises to whatever you need to 'maintain'. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. So you need to find that deficit. So work on that sort of equation. :)

Well we burn off more calories if you are heavier.

The machine said I burnt around 310 last night, but I would have actually burned over 500 because of my severe obesity.

If I was really, really fit and healthy. I only would have burnt like 200. Or less.

The machine I am using is quite advanced though. I saved up quite a lot for it and it is built to withstand heavy users on it. So I trust it, but you are definitely right. Machines do certainly lie.

Minerva said:

Don't forget that, as a man, his minimum calorie level is meant to be 1500 not 1200. Don't go too low too soon, Alex, you'll get yourself stuck. Well done on continuing to move downwards on the scale! :) xx

Don't forget that, as a man, his minimum calorie level is meant to be 1500 not 1200. Don't go too low too soon, Alex, you'll get yourself stuck. Well done on continuing to move downwards on the scale! :) xx

I've been on 1800-2000 for a while now. Surely it is a good decision to drop my calories by 200?

I really wanted to crack on with this week. But this is a busy week :(

One week, every month, there is a LOT to get done where I work. I have to spend whole days just printing out sheets, and it severely takes the energy out of me. I am doing this three days this week, and I fear I may not have the energy or time to exercise :(

Still if I just keep tabs on my calories I should drop more this week from lowering my daily intake.

Feel like it is taking so long to break the 300lb barrier, I just want to get into the 200s! I know it is just a number but it would really make me happy. I want to make it happy this week. only 1.5lb from breaking it.

Aww, I get what you mean, it's not just a number, it's your own personal goal! You're doing really well - you'll definitely break that barrier this week! I hope your hectic week isn't too stressful, get plenty of rest when you can, it'll be over soon. :)

I've been on 1800-2000 for a while now. Surely it is a good decision to drop my calories by 200?

Go for it alex - you may as well give it a go and see if it works! X

Aww, I get what you mean, it's not just a number, it's your own personal goal! You're doing really well - you'll definitely break that barrier this week! I hope your hectic week isn't too stressful, get plenty of rest when you can, it'll be over soon. :)

I just have had a lot of time off since Xmas, so I have been able to focus on weight loss.

But now I have to get used to a lot less time so it will be difficult :(

So I just did not have time to make breakfast this morning, so I had to resort to Petrol Station Food.

Thankfully, the petrol station actually serves decent food. And has quite a few low calorie options. The only problem is that the food has a fairly high salt content, gained 3g of salt from the food. So gotta be careful.

My food for the rest of the day is planned out. I am gunna knock myself up a fine rump steak when I get back from work. At least I have something to look forward to today.

As for exercising, I am not sure if I can do it today :( Unless I finish work earlier than I anticipated.

I want to share this video with you all. It is a video a guy made about losing over 300lbs. It shows his transformation. I watch this video all the time to keep my motivation up, it really gets me going for some reason.

The reason I like it so much is because the guy is also young like me, he started losing weight at only 20 when he was over 520lbs. I feel like I can relate to him. He lost all the weight and as of now he is a very fit guy, it is truly amazing.

Anyway I would like to share this transformation with you all :)

Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzR7cCAEi0

Back