My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

I want to share this video with you all. It is a video a guy made about losing over 300lbs. It shows his transformation. I watch this video all the time to keep my motivation up, it really gets me going for some reason.

The reason I like it so much is because the guy is also young like me, he started losing weight at only 20 when he was over 520lbs. I feel like I can relate to him. He lost all the weight and as of now he is a very fit guy, it is truly amazing.

Anyway I would like to share this transformation with you all :)

Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzR7cCAEi0

Wow! He has done amazingly! I can see why he's your inspiration.

And to do it all on his own must be the best feeling. That's why I refuse drs help or groups or pills etc.. When I get to goal I will be SO PROUD! You will be too alex, if that guy can do it in less than 2 years then anyone can do it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow! He has done amazingly! I can see why he's your inspiration.

And to do it all on his own must be the best feeling. That's why I refuse drs help or groups or pills etc.. When I get to goal I will be SO PROUD! You will be too alex, if that guy can do it in less than 2 years then anyone can do it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't have any enmity towards pills/surgeries etc. But it is something I don't ever want to do.

I could never imagine have the gastric band surgery done, EVER. I don't see why it is so popular. I do want that satisfaction of doing it without any help. Regardless, I don't really deem it necessary anyway. I know I can do it without pills or surgery anyway.

But yes, he is certainly my main inspiration. I mean, if I kept the lifestyle I had I would probably be pushing 400+ pounds by 20. No way near as he was but still...

All I need is time... and this site ;). We will make it, I could never go back to how I was anyway. What I am 100% sure on is that I will never hit 22st ever again.

And what I am 99.9% sure on is that I will be 13 stone by June 2014 :p

Have you ever considered something drastic like a food replacement diet? :) I know it's a weird thing to bring up - and the way you are doing it, is actually probably the most healthy way of losing weight!

But, my boyfriend, he was 25st at one point, we did Lighter Life together in 2008 and he went down to about 12st 7 in less than a year. It's levelled off to a more appropriate weight for him (about 15st as he's 6'3") - he's kept pretty all of it off, just fluctuates up and down 3 stone or so every once in while depending on more 'celebrative' times of year.

It's not for everyone, but it's a quick fix and with a healthy mentality - easy to maintain after it's done and dusted. :p

Have you ever considered something drastic like a food replacement diet? :) I know it's a weird thing to bring up - and the way you are doing it, is actually probably the most healthy way of losing weight!

But, my boyfriend, he was 25st at one point, we did Lighter Life together in 2008 and he went down to about 12st 7 in less than a year. It's levelled off to a more appropriate weight for him (about 15st as he's 6'3") - he's kept pretty all of it off, just fluctuates up and down 3 stone or so every once in while depending on more 'celebrative' times of year.

It's not for everyone, but it's a quick fix and with a healthy mentality - easy to maintain after it's done and dusted. :p

I don't really want to follow a set diet by a company. It just never really caught me. I have tried many things like Diet Chef, WW and stuff before.

It's just a personal preference thing. They do definitely work and I don't deny that. But I like my current self-made plan very much right now :p

I may consider such a thing eventually though, I won't rule it out :D

And Minerva I just noticed your WoW bar in your signature! Awesome! I clocked way over 100 days on it from around 2007-2011 :p

I want to share this video with you all. It is a video a guy made about losing over 300lbs. It shows his transformation. I watch this video all the time to keep my motivation up, it really gets me going for some reason.

The reason I like it so much is because the guy is also young like me, he started losing weight at only 20 when he was over 520lbs. I feel like I can relate to him. He lost all the weight and as of now he is a very fit guy, it is truly amazing.

Anyway I would like to share this transformation with you all :)

Here is the link to the video: My Weight Loss Journey. - Losing 350 pounds - YouTube

Wow. What a inspiration.. I think you are doing fab and of course he lost alot of it so suddenly, because he was so heavy! I honestly think you will get there and soon. Bet you will start seeing losses in Feb.. and yes I agree you can do it on your own - even if i do follow a certain plan however.. sometimes its easier for me to stick to it :D Remember PMA hun

Wow. What a inspiration.. I think you are doing fab and of course he lost alot of it so suddenly, because he was so heavy! I honestly think you will get there and soon. Bet you will start seeing losses in Feb.. and yes I agree you can do it on your own - even if i do follow a certain plan however.. sometimes its easier for me to stick to it :D Remember PMA hun

Indeed.

Also, I hope I am not giving off the vibe that I feel plans and pills are not the way to go. They are all very, very good and I would encourage people to use them if they wanted too. Just not my cup of tea personally.

Yes, I am hoping for some respectable losses now. There is no reason why I shouldn't be losing 2lb a week :p

And Minerva I just noticed your WoW bar in your signature! Awesome! I clocked way over 100 days on it from around 2007-2011 :p

Your reply on the WoW thread is what led me here ;)
I still play. Cumulatively, I'm running at about 330+ days across my higher level characters, since 2006. Which makes me realise, just now, that I've nearly spent an ENTIRE YEAR logged in to WoW. ... HAH. :D oops.

Ohh, the signature is wrong, I've since migrated to Tarren Mill. :)

Your reply on the WoW thread is what led me here ;)
I still play. Cumulatively, I'm running at about 330+ days across my higher level characters, since 2006. Which makes me realise, just now, that I've nearly spent an ENTIRE YEAR logged in to WoW. ... HAH. :D oops.

Ohh, the signature is wrong, I've since migrated to Tarren Mill. :)

Yes, but I do not regret my time played at all. I learned so much, and gained so many social skills because of it (also gained around 50lbs haha). But still worth it!!! I tried MoP and generally did not enjoy it at all, I tanked one dungeon and decided it was time to cut ties with WoW permanently. WoTLK was my favourite expansion by far!

Yes, but I do not regret my time played at all. I learned so much, and gained so many social skills because of it (also gained around 50lbs haha). But still worth it!!! I tried MoP and generally did not enjoy it at all, I tanked one dungeon and decided it was time to cut ties with WoW permanently. WoTLK was my favourite expansion by far!

BC was my favourite - I raided until the end of Sunwell, it was awesome.
I think you should give MoP another chance, even as a seasoned WoW player I found MoP confusing. Every expansion is this way! It was excitingly different - better than Cataclysm. Raid bosses have some interesting mechanics, so it's a bit of fun.

WoW taught me a lot too, social skills among other things. We've made a lot of friends though that game who have become 'IRL' friends, so there's a lot of positives in it. :D

If you want something completely different, Guild Wars 2 seemed to have developed something that isn't a carbon copy of Warcraft. It's also absolutely visually stunning. :)

Hi Rev you're doing great and I am full of admiration you are losing weight your way with real food and no fad diets or gimmicks or surgery etc. Having said that there is a place for all those alternative weight loss methods and they do work for some and indeed are right for some. Minerva you comment about meal replacement diet was interesting and yes it could boost the speed of weight loss (I have done vlcd) and is effective. However, I have to disagree that "it's is done and dusted" because unless lifestyle changes are made the weight will be regained if we revert to our old habits that caused weight gain in the first place. Of course I speak for myself and my many failed attempts at maintenance and not putting the effort in to change my lifestyle completely.Btw REv love the new pic! You are looking good.

BC was my favourite - I raided until the end of Sunwell, it was awesome.
I think you should give MoP another chance, even as a seasoned WoW player I found MoP confusing. Every expansion is this way! It was excitingly different - better than Cataclysm. Raid bosses have some interesting mechanics, so it's a bit of fun.

WoW taught me a lot too, social skills among other things. We've made a lot of friends though that game who have become 'IRL' friends, so there's a lot of positives in it. :D

If you want something completely different, Guild Wars 2 seemed to have developed something that isn't a carbon copy of Warcraft. It's also absolutely visually stunning. :)

My main disinterest in WoW is mainly down to the fact that I am also a huge Xbox 360 player too. Been playing since 2006 and probably spend over 600+ days on it I'd imagine. These days I have a crop of friends that I play with. Right now, playing Coop with them on Borderlands 2 and it is extremely enjoyable.

MMO-wise, Guild Wars 2 never caught me from any footage I have seen of it. The only PC game exciting me is The Elder Scrolls: Online. I loooooovee Skyrim so much. If they manage to get that right it could be a very popular game.

I need a new PC if I am to play again though :( My laptop barely runs MoP.

Hi Rev you're doing great and I am full of admiration you are losing weight your way with real food and no fad diets or gimmicks or surgery etc. Having said that there is a place for all those alternative weight loss methods and they do work for some and indeed are right for some. Minerva you comment about meal replacement diet was interesting and yes it could boost the speed of weight loss (I have done vlcd) and is effective. However, I have to disagree that "it's is done and dusted" because unless lifestyle changes are made the weight will be regained if we revert to our old habits that caused weight gain in the first place. Of course I speak for myself and my many failed attempts at maintenance and not putting the effort in to change my lifestyle completely.Btw REv love the new pic! You are looking good.

For more, just tracking calories is perfect for me. I like it simple and calorie counting is for me. My old eating habits are behind me now, 3 months and I don't miss it at all. It disgusts me. So I have no fear of maintenance in the future when I reach my goal.

Anyway, at the end of the day I believe all weight loss methods come down to personal preference. What works for some, won't work for others. And vice-versa. No diet plan works for everyone - fact.

Haha thank you, I am feeling great too! Wore a completely new pair of smart clothes today at work (coat, waistcoat, tie, trousers, shirts - all new), and I feel amazing. Boosted my confidence a lot - and really brightened up an otherwise dull day at work.

Thank you for your support Kira - among the rest of you great people on here. I appreciate every single letter of your posts!

X-box never caught my attention. :) I only moved to the UK when I was 10 in 1996, didn't have anything beyond a TV from the 1980's before that.
To be honest - whatever you enjoy is great, it's all about WHO you play with, coop on X-box is the same as coop in WoW killing whatever dragon/monster that comes along! :)

I loved Skyrim too! Beautiful game and so many different ways of playing, it was fun. Shame I never got to finish it. :) I'm looking forward to trying out the new one for sure. Some of my friends have applied for the Beta test.

Seems like you need to save up for a new PC, as I don't think an old laptop will cope very well with new games.. ;)

REV23 said:
I've been on 1800-2000 for a while now. Surely it is a good decision to drop my calories by 200?

Yes, I agree - just wanted to correct the bit about the minimum being 1200 that the other poster mentioned - that's for women. :) xx

X-box never caught my attention. :) I only moved to the UK when I was 10 in 1996, didn't have anything beyond a TV from the 1980's before that.
To be honest - whatever you enjoy is great, it's all about WHO you play with, coop on X-box is the same as coop in WoW killing whatever dragon/monster that comes along! :)

I loved Skyrim too! Beautiful game and so many different ways of playing, it was fun. Shame I never got to finish it. :) I'm looking forward to trying out the new one for sure. Some of my friends have applied for the Beta test.

Seems like you need to save up for a new PC, as I don't think an old laptop will cope very well with new games.. ;)

Yeh I was planning on saving my cash for things like a new PC and stuff, then my TV broke :(

Maybe in a month or so :D

If The Elder Scrolls MMO turns out to look promising I will definitely get a PC.

So I just did not have time to make breakfast this morning, so I had to resort to Petrol Station Food.

Thankfully, the petrol station actually serves decent food. And has quite a few low calorie options. The only problem is that the food has a fairly high salt content, gained 3g of salt from the food. So gotta be careful.

My food for the rest of the day is planned out. I am gunna knock myself up a fine rump steak when I get back from work. At least I have something to look forward to today.

As for exercising, I am not sure if I can do it today :( Unless I finish work earlier than I anticipated.

To confirm my worries and plans that I posted above earlier...

- I did indeed exercise. Did 25 minutes of rowing like usual, 3 minutes very vigorous and 22 minutes moderate. I am glad I exercised in the end!
- I made an awesome rump steak earlier with mushrooms and diced onions. I do love a nice steak, too bad they are so expensive :( But as a weekly treat they worked great.
- As for my calorie intake today, I have had 1535 in food. And burnt off 445 through exercise, putting my net today at 1086. So I need to eat some more before sleep...

Today was a great day. I hope the rest of the week (or the rest of the year) is like this :p

Nothing really in my house to eat for the calories :(

I had some organic peanut butter and wholemeal bread so I made a sandwich with it. Didn't count the calories but it should knock me up at least 450 calories.

Back