My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Lol, well spotted - I would have saved my 1,000th for you but just posted it to someone else without even realising, so here is my 1,001st!! :) xx

Here's to another 1000!

Exactly what I wanted to hear :) Good luck for the rest of your weight loss journey.

Thanks! I will make sure to keep track of your progress.

Hey people. So having thought about it. I realize that my body does not lose weight very easily.

I mean, 4 months in, 23.4lbs isn't fantastic for my size. Considering I was on 1500 calories for two months, and 1700-2000 for another two months. Theoretically I should have lost a hell of a lot more by now.

This isn't demotivating me AT ALL. But just made me realize that my body doesn't shed the fat quickly. It just means I definitely be losing weight way into 2014.

I hope I can get a period of good losses for a few weeks now instead of the frustrating gains and minimal losses that I have been getting in the last 3 months for now apparent reason.

REV23 said:
Hey people. So having thought about it. I realize that my body does not lose weight very easily.

I mean, 4 months in, 23.4lbs isn't fantastic for my size. Considering I was on 1500 calories for two months, and 1700-2000 for another two months. Theoretically I should have lost a hell of a lot more by now.

This isn't demotivating me AT ALL. But just made me realize that my body doesn't shed the fat quickly. It just means I definitely be losing weight way into 2014.

I hope I can get a period of good losses for a few weeks now instead of the frustrating gains and minimal losses that I have been getting in the last 3 months for now apparent reason.

You're doing just fine, Alex - the healthy rate at which to lose weight for long-term success is 1-2lbs a week, and you're right on target for that. It's such a cliche, but it is true that weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. You're committed to making this improvement and unwavering in that attitude, so well done! :) xx

You're doing just fine, Alex - the healthy rate at which to lose weight for long-term success is 1-2lbs a week, and you're right on target for that. It's such a cliche, but it is true that weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. You're committed to making this improvement and unwavering in that attitude, so well done! :) xx

You are completely right. I have changed my lifestyle quite a lot. But to a comfortable extent where I don't even think about it. I have lost 23.4lbs from a new lifestyle that I love. When I put it like that, it sounds a lot better haha

But it would still be great to have 6 weeks of constant losses, my weight loss has been very inconsistent!

But thanks for your support, all of you guys are fantastic!

Alex, you're averaging a loss of just short of 6lbs a month! That's half a stone! That is very, very good going without your change of lifestyle impacting your lifestyle! If that makes sense!

In other news, I think I am confident to play sports around in public again. My fitness has increased a lot in the last two months, and although my leg joints will probably take a beating, I think I am ready to start playing certain sports I enjoy in parks, courts etc. again.

I have a few friends who enjoy playing basketball, we're hiring courts out now to play every now and then. Hopefully I will be able to get some decent exercise in there. Eventually, I want to start playing football again.

I only exercised once last week -_- But I want use the rowing machine at least 3 times this week.

Alex, you're averaging a loss of just short of 6lbs a month! That's half a stone! That is very, very good going without your change of lifestyle impacting your lifestyle! If that makes sense!

It would be impossible to live off the lifestyle I used to have. Seriously, I don't know how I managed just to eat carbs all day. It sounds crazy now, and makes me sick haha

What I am doing atm is perfect for me. I could live the rest of my days like this very comfortably, so this lifestyle will be fantastic for maintaining weight too once I lose it all.

Again thanks to you to Kira! Funny thing is, most of those losses come from just one week. And the rest of the weeks are gains and small losses. My body is really weird haha

Week 17 is a 0.8lb gain. Not too fussed, I was way too lazy this week. Didn't exercise once, and on the go a lot this week again. Had to resort to a few salty options but hey, 0.8 isn't too much.

I am going to try and workout 6/7 days this week, keep my diet perfectly at 1700 calories a day. And hopefully get a big result.

Here is to week 18!

Like your sttitude Mr ;) - you're not the only one gaining but putting it down to the damn cold that had me elbow deep in the bread bin for a couple of days. I think looking at a monthly overview gives a better picture for weight loss. Have a great week.

Like your sttitude Mr ;) - you're not the only one gaining but putting it down to the damn cold that had me elbow deep in the bread bin for a couple of days. I think looking at a monthly overview gives a better picture for weight loss. Have a great week.

Haha I won't let it bother me. I am in no rush to lose weight, if it takes 2 years to lose it all that isn't a big deal. Still hoping for it all to be gone in 16 months though :p

I am tempted to do something hardcore for the next 28 days. Just diet and exercise hardcore, and try to shed some major weight before April. What will this consist of?

- 1700 Calories every single day.
- Exercising EVERY single day.
- No cheat day on the Sundays.
- Break my ritual of weighing in each Sunday, and not weigh myself at all until 1st April.

Tell me what you guys think. Is this a good idea?

This would be a challenge for me indeed, this would be TOUGH. It would require a lot of discipline and willpower to be so consistent with all four factors. Maybe this could be a goal? Go a month with 100% effort, full throttle weight loss.

It would be amazing to not see the scales for a month, then see myself at 285lbs or something on the 1st April.

Okay I had a long think and decided I am going to try and do this.

Stay 100% strict until the 1st April. This is the kind of challenge I need.

This could get nasty haha

I need to do this, this is very important. I want to prove something to myself.

2013 hasn't been ideal, too many gains and tiny losses for my liking. It has still been successful, but I know I can do better. I will prove it to myself this month.

Won't lie, I am not sure if I am capable of pushing myself like this. But here we go, full effort until the 1st April. Exercise every day, 1700 calories every day, no cheating at all and no weigh-ins.

This will test my mental toughness to the limit, time to test myself!

I know overdoing it isn't a good approach, but I love a challenge. I am going to destroy March, and get some amazing results.

Here we go, and again, good luck with all your losses this month everyone :)

Last edited:
I'd say that's a good idea - especially the no weighing and no cheat days. As long as you stick to plan there's no point whatsoever in weighing weekly, as I've said before - it only has the potential to demotivate. I went the first year of my weight loss, at least, weighing every two months, and it was fantastic. I then made the mistake of starting to do it weekly at home and became imnediately obsessed and demotivated, so I've knocked that on the head! You'll do great as long as you stick to your calories. :) xx

That sounds brilliant and I wish you good luck with it. I'm sure if you stick to those 3 things everyday until 1st April, then you will definitely see a big loss. You sound really determined and focused. You can do this!! :D

Thanks guys I am going to attempt this! Here is the list of everything I am going to try and do again, except with a few more details:

- 1700 Calories a day
- Exercise everyday
- No cheat days
- No weigh-ins
- Only drink water
- Consume nothing that can be considered junk food
- Keep salt intake below 5g every day
- Cut out almost all high sugar, high carb, high saturated fats, high salt and high caffeine food.

I am going to start weight lifting a little bit, and do sit-ups to kill off the belly fat.

Cardio exercise mainly being rowing machine, and a bit of basketball.

I will do updates on my progress of this challenge throughout the month. Who knows, it might not even be that tough.

Oh I needs a plan like that - am back to 11 stone 7.5 lb.... will compare with you on April 1st for some great results. :D No cheating.

Back