My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Today, after working out and spending 4 hours standing up printing sheets (at work), I looked at my reflection in a window and thought I looked a lot better.

Physically I am feeling fabulous, I feel fitter, stronger and thinner. I think I may lose quite a bit of weight this week, at least 3lbs. Which isn't bad for Xmas week!

My local Sainsburys cook fresh tasty meat in store. I bought a chicken roll and some chicken wings. 8x Chicken Wings were only £1.40! They tasted amazing, and they were probably under 300 calories...

For an Xmas present I received a mini-fridge. So I can store all my own food in a separate fridge now, which is great!

Long story short, I am doing great, I am feeling great, and cannot wait for the weigh-in on Sunday.

Today, after working out and spending 4 hours standing up printing sheets (at work), I looked at my reflection in a window and thought I looked a lot better.

Physically I am feeling fabulous, I feel fitter, stronger and thinner. I think I may lose quite a bit of weight this week, at least 3lbs. Which isn't bad for Xmas week!

My local Sainsburys cook fresh tasty meat in store. I bought a chicken roll and some chicken wings. 8x Chicken Wings were only £1.40! They tasted amazing, and they were probably under 300 calories...

For an Xmas present I received a mini-fridge. So I can store all my own food in a separate fridge now, which is great!

Long story short, I am doing great, I am feeling great, and cannot wait for the weigh-in on Sunday.

Did you eat the skin on the chicken wings? I've never calorie counted & have no idea what things are generally so starting to look a few things up and some stuff is much more than you'd think - average baked chicken wing is between 80 and 100 cals each if you eat the skin. (and this doesn't include calories for any coating or marinade)
Calories in Roasted Broiled or Baked Chicken Wing (Skin Eaten) and Nutrition Facts

But good luck with weigh in - you've been amazingly committed & sure you will get a good result.
Calories in Roasted Broiled or Baked Chicken Wing (Skin Eaten) and Nutrition Facts

Did you eat the skin on the chicken wings? I've never calorie counted & have no idea what things are generally so starting to look a few things up and some stuff is much more than you'd think - average baked chicken wing is between 80 and 100 cals each if you eat the skin. (and this doesn't include calories for any coating or marinade)

But good luck with weigh in - you've been amazingly committed & sure you will get a good result.

Woah, 80-100? But they are so tiny... amazing...

I wouldn't think the marinade would add much more, but oh well. Thanks for sharing! No matter, they also sell chicken thighs. 3x thighs for 90p, that site says 135 calories each which is good! So I guess I will eat those next time.

I expect 2lbs at least, if I reach that or over I will be happy! I am 85% sure I will reach it. But hey I could lose 4lbs you never know.

A quick update...

I didn't exercise today, though I wasn't planning too after such a tiring day yesterday.

Still, I will exercise tomorrow and Saturday. So that's 5 days this week, not bad!

Diet-wise, I have been good. Kept within my limits, kept it low carb, low fat and low sugar.

I ate some popcorn today, but popcorn isn't that bad really. Much better than crisps or chocolate anyway!

Anyway, still doing good, still feeling good. Thoroughly excited for 2013. And as always, thank for everyone's support! I appreciate it a lot!

I wish I could exercise as much as you do! I'm to lazy lol and I'm scared that I will sprain my ankle again. When I started exercising at the beginning of November, I started skipping in my bedroom to music and I sprained my left ankle after like 5 minutes :/ It took about a month and a half to get better! Don't want to go through that pain again.

Yh popcorn isn't bad :) Way better than junk food.

You're doing really well! Keep up the good work :)

I wish I could exercise as much as you do! I'm to lazy lol and I'm scared that I will sprain my ankle again. When I started exercising at the beginning of November, I started skipping in my bedroom to music and I sprained my left ankle after like 5 minutes :/ It took about a month and a half to get better! Don't want to go through that pain again.

Yh popcorn isn't bad :) Way better than junk food.

You're doing really well! Keep up the good work :)

One good thing about the rowing machine, there is ZERO pressure on my delicate joints in my knees and ankles.

I used to play a lot of rugby going up for many years, naturally my shoulders and legs gained a lot of muscle and it is still there to this day. The rowing machine works out the legs and upper shoulders/arms a lot. therefore I can cope with it easier. So rowing is just a perfect form of exercise for me.

Exercise isn't imperative, but when you get to a point where you a losing very little or none. You need to start doing something.

I burn off nearly 700 calories for each workout (because of my weight I burn nearly 100% more than normal people), so that's like an extra meal and a snack's worth. When you think of it like that you realize how important it can be.

But hey, just try do the little things. I am parking further away from destinations so I can walk more, and use the stairs only instead of an elevator. Little things like that will make a difference!

My general attitude towards exercise is that I don't think about it. I just blank my mind, get out of bed and workout. Like a robot really. Just turn your feelings off and do it. Same with the actual exercise, I turn my brain off and stop thinking about it. That's what I do anyway!

The more you think about the issue, the harder it is to execute.

That's great that you think that way :)

And thanks for the tips. I know I need to start exercising to get rid of my belly and thigh fat. It's also this cold weather :( Makes me feel like crap nearly everyday so I don't feel up to it lol.

I think my next big goal will be to start exercising in January :) I will try what works best for me.

That's great that you think that way :)

And thanks for the tips. I know I need to start exercising to get rid of my belly and thigh fat. It's also this cold weather :( Makes me feel like crap nearly everyday so I don't feel up to it lol.

I think my next big goal will be to start exercising in January :) I will try what works best for me.

I think it must be a little easier for me generally. I grew up playing a lot of sport and always watch sports like boxing/football on the weekends. So I am very exposed to sport and exercise, it helps a lot.

Although for 5 years I did no exercise at all, I have just brainwashed myself into including it into my daily routine. So very glad I have, and you will find something eventually! You are doing fantastic without anyway, just prepare for it. You will need to do it eventually, you won't have a choice unfortunately :(

Strange thing to add, but why not. :p

I have been in contact with a dude, who is also 18 now, from Norway for about 4-5 years. We used to play together on an online video game called World of Warcraft. Anyways, we both stopped playing years ago. We kept in contact through Facebook and we speak pretty much on a weekly basis. He is a good mate of mine really, since my drop-off from my own social circle a year or so ago, he has really been one of my few friends.

We were speaking about my diet a couple of days ago, and I promised him that I would travel to Norway and meet him when I reach 200lbs! He offered me a place to stay and I thought, why not. I will go to Norway when I reach 200lbs. Would be awesome to see him in the flesh, and it would be awesome to travel a little bit when I drop this curse also known has fat. Norway could be fun... I always wanted to try mead... :p

Just thought I would share!

Rev trip to Norway is a good incentive to help you along the way. Another focus is always good. Jist keep doing your thang and you're gonna get there! I confess I struggled yesterday and over ate didn't binge binge but ate far too much. Binge to me is when I lose sense of control and eat one thing after another to give a soporific effect to try and dull whatever emotions I'm feeling.

Intersting I have learnt far more about my binges and emotions this time around. I'll get overcome this blip I know but I have to keep coming and reporting on minis because without it i will gain its hat I've lost all back again a and some more!

Rev trip to Norway is a good incentive to help you along the way. Another focus is always good. Jist keep doing your thang and you're gonna get there! I confess I struggled yesterday and over ate didn't binge binge but ate far too much. Binge to me is when I lose sense of control and eat one thing after another to give a soporific effect to try and dull whatever emotions I'm feeling.

Intersting I have learnt far more about my binges and emotions this time around. I'll get overcome this blip I know but I have to keep coming and reporting on minis because without it i will gain its hat I've lost all back again a and some more!

Yep it will help keep me excited with the weight loss.

I have eaten things I shouldn't have a couple of times in the last two months. The odd day is harmless, heck I have one day each week where I eat whatever I want. (still keep it low calorie though)

Food isn't much of an issue for me. Indulging myself one a week is enough to keep me strict for the rest of the week. Don't be too disheartened by over-eating every now and then, just don't make it regular occurrence of course!

In other news... I am going out with friends on New Year's Eve for drinks. As I enjoy beer it will be tough to keep the calories down. I won't get drunk but it takes a ton of beers for much of an effect anyway because of my size...

I will probably just have like 4 pints or something. I will work out a little extra before I go out and monitor my food strictly.

REV23 said:
I think it must be a little easier for me generally. I grew up playing a lot of sport and always watch sports like boxing/football on the weekends. So I am very exposed to sport and exercise, it helps a lot.

Although for 5 years I did no exercise at all, I have just brainwashed myself into including it into my daily routine. So very glad I have, and you will find something eventually! You are doing fantastic without anyway, just prepare for it. You will need to do it eventually, you won't have a choice unfortunately :(

Why won't she have a choice?! Lol. I do zero exercise and it will stay that way. :) xx

Hi Rev - I think you're doing all the right things. Having a trip to Norway is an amazing incentive - I've bought a couple of thinspiration suits and I plan on having myself a spa weekend, somewhere with a pool to indulge myself when they fit. It's a better motivator than just thinking I want to be thinner/leaner.
My mum dropped 4 stone a few years ago with zero exercise but guess what, most of it crept back on - changes your habits so that exercise becomes part of your routine definitely helps you succeed more, I was the laziest mare going and sometimes still feel that I am but I know walking, sit ups, swimming etc are for my own good and tbh I quite like it once I get going. Was delighted to be back into the swing of it today - feel back in control and on top of my game - 150lb here I come.
Have a good New Year - I don't think beer calories are that bad (just plenty of water the next day) - long as you don't fall flat on your face into a doner kebab and chips afterwards - I know it has happened to me :D

Back