My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

3.8 lbs is brill! I lost 3.5 this week and I worked for it so yeah, it's great! I have 4 pints of water a day and it helps losses greatly. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Indeed! Well done to you!

Water is definitely a must. Of course, I like the odd diet pepsi sometimes too. But water really is important.

Especially when exercising. I drank so much water this week because of the exercise I did. Though my water intake changes day to day. Some days I may forget to drink and just have one glass.

I usually try and drink around 1.5l of water a day though.

Well done, 3.8lbs is awesome and you should be really proud

I am man :) First time in around 4 years where I have done this much exercise in one week.

I went out shopping earlier and I generally felt much better. Felt more mobile and walking didn't tire me at all.

Here's to another good week.

All I can say is this site has helped me out so much. There is a ceaseless amount of information, tips and stories on here. It is great just being able to speak to other people who are also losing weight/lost weight.

I mean, I live in a fairly nice part of Sussex. There are hardly any overweight youngsters at all. So I have had nobody to relate to for over 5 years. But now, I have so many people who realize what I am going through and even more, offer encouragement and advice to boot!

Thanks all of you who posting here, and any one else who I have spoken to on here!

Hi Rev just read your thread and wanted to say well done on your weightloss this week! I'm full of admiration and inspired by you having incorporated exercise into your weightloss regime. I've booked in a session with a PT for 27t Dec and plan to ensure I exercise more in 2013 and make it a lifestyle change.

I wish you well in your weightloss journey and look forward to following your thread.

Heya Rev, you're doing fantastic, and your weight loss this week was incredible. Keep it up! x

Enjoy the Christmas - just not too much ;) and here's to seeing so much less of ourselves in 2013! Have a good one.

Hi Rev just read your thread and wanted to say well done on your weightloss this week! I'm full of admiration and inspired by you having incorporated exercise into your weightloss regime. I've booked in a session with a PT for 27t Dec and plan to ensure I exercise more in 2013 and make it a lifestyle change.

I wish you well in your weightloss journey and look forward to following your thread.

Thank you :D

I see you have lost a good amount, well done to you :)

Exercise is certainly important, and it is difficult to get the motivation to do it. But I just started doing it last week and could not stop, something sparked inside me. I guess.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Heya Rev, you're doing fantastic, and your weight loss this week was incredible. Keep it up! x

Yes I am very happy with it, thanks for your support! :D

Enjoy the Christmas - just not too much ;) and here's to seeing so much less of ourselves in 2013! Have a good one.

Hehe yeh. And we will see much less of ourselves, you have my word on that. :cool:

The only thing I see myself eating on Xmas day that is bad is probably a few sugar drinks and some chocolate. Nothing extreme, won't go over the 3000 calorie mark I know that.

Note to self: Do not exercise when dehydrated. Drink a lot of water and wait a while.

I exercised today as soon as a woke up, they day before I had quite a few salty foods and not enough water. I was pretty parched but still worked out straight away.

It made it a lot tougher. Amazing how much of a difference hydration makes. I was struggling a lot more with the same exercise I had quite comfortably performed all week.

Merry Christmas to you all!

I calculated that I am burning 600 calories from using a rowing machine for 40 minutes each day.

This is amazing, so it is essential to keep this exercise up. Not on Xmas day but each day after for sure.

Bah, I am know I am over-posting but I just need some advice.

Should I push my goal date back a little? I think it is possible to this in 2013.

12 months to lose 111lbs more. My awful maths skills suggest that this is:

- Average of 2.13lbs a week throughout the year
- Average of 8.5lbs a month.

Would this be too much? Should I stick to June 2014?

I think this is possible. 2.13lbs a week isn't dangerous nor overly estimated.

January 1st, 2014.

What do you guys think?

I tried working mine out and it'll be approx another 18 months.... But, you cannot really control how much weight you actually lose. You can do your best to lose and work out like mad man and eat very little, yet your body just will not give you a loss. Then the next week you'll have a Chinese and not as much exercise and you'll lose 4 lbs! I have learned this the hard way. Starving myself and sweating like a loon to get a loss that's not arrived.

Just keep doing what you are doing and try not to go below 1200 cals otherwise starvation mode will kick in ( it really does ) and be sure to have water, especially during and after exercise as the body needs it to repair muscles that you have used. If you don't give it the water it needs it will hold into it causing a gain or less of a loss.

The weeks and lbs will add up I promise you. I'm nearly at 50 lbs gone in 6 months and it seems like yesterday i started. Just make it your way of life, don't think about it too much and you'll find yourself maybe half way there by next summer and it won't have dragged at all.

You can do it :)

Ps. It's your thread so you can post as much as you like! Xx

I tried working mine out and it'll be approx another 18 months.... But, you cannot really control how much weight you actually lose. You can do your best to lose and work out like mad man and eat very little, yet your body just will not give you a loss. Then the next week you'll have a Chinese and not as much exercise and you'll lose 4 lbs! I have learned this the hard way. Starving myself and sweating like a loon to get a loss that's not arrived.

Just keep doing what you are doing and try not to go below 1200 cals otherwise starvation mode will kick in ( it really does ) and be sure to have water, especially during and after exercise as the body needs it to repair muscles that you have used. If you don't give it the water it needs it will hold into it causing a gain or less of a loss.

The weeks and lbs will add up I promise you. I'm nearly at 50 lbs gone in 6 months and it seems like yesterday i started. Just make it your way of life, don't think about it too much and you'll find yourself maybe half way there by next summer and it won't have dragged at all.

You can do it :)

Ps. It's your thread so you can post as much as you like! Xx

Think I will drop it to February 2014, I think that is a realistic goal!

I never go hungry, and last week I ate 2000 calories a day but burnt off 600.

So I am happy with how things are going, I think I may even manage to lose a little this week. First xmas week ever where I lose weight haha

Keep on going yourself, 50lbs is incredible! I am sure you will do very well in 2013.

Enjoy your Xmas!

So I wasn't SUPER naughty on Christmas Day. I was a little though, but I stayed under 2500 calories very easily. So I should not gain much weight.

Breakfast I had two bacon rolls.

Xmas lunch I had the usual roast, gorgeous turkey, no potatoes but I had couple of pigs in a blanket.

For Dinner I had a sandwich from the turkey leftovers with some pickle. I used sourdough bread though, so it wasn't too bad.

In terms of snack, I had two portions of homemade trifle, a few cocktail sausages, a few chocolates and a coke.

I may have went over the 2.5k mark... but at least all the food eaten was homemade, fresh and non-processed.

I will make sure to burn off a lot of calories this week through exercise to make up for it, may even do some overtime to make sure Xmas day didn't have a big impact on my week's progress. I still want to lose a fair amount this week!

Hey! Rev! You seem to have done rather well on Christmas Day. I do hope some of your exercise mentality rubs off a bit more on me! I am having my first session with a personal trainer today. Hoping to fit two session a week in and fill in one or two more on my own. By the way keep posting! No such thing as over posting! It definitely keeps one on track. I found in the past when I stopped posting I gained weight!

Hey! Rev! You seem to have done rather well on Christmas Day. I do hope some of your exercise mentality rubs off a bit more on me! I am having my first session with a personal trainer today. Hoping to fit two session a week in and fill in one or two more on my own. By the way keep posting! No such thing as over posting! It definitely keeps one on track. I found in the past when I stopped posting I gained weight!

Thanks Kira! I could have done worse, that's all I can say.

I have no idea what why I have just snapped into doing exercise. Possibly I know I HAVE to do this? Deep-down I know I need to do it... it is weird really. I am pretty much as lazy as it gets but I am burning 600 calories a 4-5 days a week now :D

You just need to find fuel for your motivation really!

I guess I will keep posting whatever I deem necessary hah :D

I can see your progress, you are doing great!

I do believe the whole weight loss and more importantly the maintenance of weight is the right mental state. I think the same applies to the exercise aspect. I would so like 2013 to be about fitness and health not just weight loss and maintenance alone. I am ready to change after so many years of yo yo dieting. I'd love to get addicted to exercise instead of over eating!

I do believe the whole weight loss and more importantly the maintenance of weight is the right mental state. I think the same applies to the exercise aspect. I would so like 2013 to be about fitness and health not just weight loss and maintenance alone. I am ready to change after so many years of yo yo dieting. I'd love to get addicted to exercise instead of over eating!

Yep, hit the nail on the head. Most important factors to weight loss success are determination and willpower. Have enough of those two and you will lose weight and reach your goal eventually. Exercise and diet are obviously super important, but indeed, the mental state is really important.

I am kind of addicted to exercise... for the first time ever I want to keep an addiction haha :D

Back