My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

I woke up, and weigh-in for week 12 beckoned.

But at long last, I have good news! I dropped nearly 2lbs, dropping exactly 1.8lbs.

This could show that I have broken the plateau. I could start seeing big losses again!

I am delighted to say the least, after a month of disappointing results and gains, I finally lose a respectable amount of weight. And I am only 1.8lb off breaking the 300lb barrier.

Thanks again for all your support.

Great news. I know it gets tough and you want to keep seeing the big drops but slow and steady wins the race. I have been stuck for ages now & getting fed up but when I think back first week of September was 90kg exactly - am now about 76kg - so even though I don't feel I am getting anywhere, in the bigger picture it's all adding up.
Once you know what you are doing is so much better than what you used to do, it can only do you good and the scales will move. And lay off that pepsi :nono: - I used to drink at least 2 litres a day of pepsi max, so it can be done.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you :) Here's to more of the same! *toasts with water*

Yeay, well done for that big loss :D

Do you know what you did differently the past week to see a loss? :)

I changed nothing. In fact I was probably lazier this week despite my intentions to work harder for Week 12.

I had fast food a few times this week when I was out and about, I didn't over do it though. I stayed below my calorie limit everyday.

I only exercised twice, for 20 minutes each so I don't know what's going on.

The lazier the more weight I lose :p Anyway I will definitely work hard this week to see if I can make a big loss.

Great news. I know it gets tough and you want to keep seeing the big drops but slow and steady wins the race. I have been stuck for ages now & getting fed up but when I think back first week of September was 90kg exactly - am now about 76kg - so even though I don't feel I am getting anywhere, in the bigger picture it's all adding up.
Once you know what you are doing is so much better than what you used to do, it can only do you good and the scales will move. And lay off that pepsi :nono: - I used to drink at least 2 litres a day of pepsi max, so it can be done.

Well I am cutting down a lot more pepsi-wise. I used to just drink it, and only pepsi.

Now I only have a few cans a week, which is a large decrease to what I used to drink.

I changed nothing. In fact I was probably lazier this week despite my intentions to work harder for Week 12.

I had fast food a few times this week when I was out and about, I didn't over do it though. I stayed below my calorie limit everyday.

The lazier the more weight I lose :p Anyway I will definitely work hard this week to see if I can make a big loss.

It's probs because your abit more relaxed aswell :) Well done to you :D

Ohh I see lol. I agree with Emmie. Don't stress about it too much and I'm sure you'll see more loses like that :D Good luck for next week!

It's probs because your abit more relaxed aswell :) Well done to you :D

That is possible. But being so relaxed was also the main reason I got so big in the first place :p

Ohh I see lol. I agree with Emmie. Don't stress about it too much and I'm sure you'll see more loses like that :D Good luck for next week!

Thank you very much!

So does anyone else think may gains this month are because of a plateau?

It's the only thing I can pin it on. The loss this week must mean the end of it, so I am going to go full throttle this week. With high hopes of a mega-loss and confirmation that I broke the plateau.

I mean, I did lose 4lbs, then stopped losing weight. So my body could have panicked by such a big loss. My plan this week is:

- 25 minutes of interval rowing on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. (25 minutes is around 450 calories burned).
- 1650-1800 calories a day, no more, no less.
- Try to refrain from eating any carbohydrates.

I have a good feeling, I really hope hard work pays off this week. Would be amazing to get 2-3 months of solid losses before the next inevitable plateau.

I am going to get some motivation by reading more success stories, and watching more YouTube videos on losses. It really gets me going.

ENOUGH ABOUT ME!

I hope you are all doing well, and I wish you high losses for whenever your next weigh-ins are.

Until next time, ciao!

Hey - great to see you motivated.
This article should explain about carbs better than I can - they are in so many things and it's about having a reasonable total carb intake and how that relates to your protein and fat intake. My diet now is mostly fat, then protein and then carbs - others low carb & low cal at the same time, that just led to hunger and big fall off the wagon days for me. Maybe a balance of low carb but high protein would suit you.
When I tell people I am not eating grains they assume it is no carb but I still get plenty of carbs from starchy vegetables, fruit, nuts etc.
Harvard School of Public Health » The Nutrition Source » Carbohydrates: Good Carbs Guide the Way

That is possible. But being so relaxed was also the main reason I got so big in the first place :p

Give yourself a break haha. Just remember you are taking positive steps in the right direction :D

Not sure about the no carbs thing myself, it's generally thought to be bad to cut whole food groups out of your diet if you're trying to be healthy, but I know a lot of people do it. Personally I'm a carb junkie and, having lost 8 stone so far being like that, I don't feel any need to change, lol. I eat a pretty carb-laden meal every night at around 9.30pm, then go straight to bed, which more or less defies a lot of weight loss advice, but it works for me. So I guess it's just a matter of finding your own "magic formula" by trial and error, because everyone's different. :) xx

Hey - great to see you motivated.
This article should explain about carbs better than I can - they are in so many things and it's about having a reasonable total carb intake and how that relates to your protein and fat intake. My diet now is mostly fat, then protein and then carbs - others low carb & low cal at the same time, that just led to hunger and big fall off the wagon days for me. Maybe a balance of low carb but high protein would suit you.
When I tell people I am not eating grains they assume it is no carb but I still get plenty of carbs from starchy vegetables, fruit, nuts etc.
Harvard School of Public Health » The Nutrition Source » Carbohydrates: Good Carbs Guide the Way

Interesting article.

Right now, my diet is low carb and fairly high protein.

I eat a lot of chicken and beef to get a good protein intake. I always eat a lot of protein after exercising.

I still get an intake of carbs each day, each day varies but I generally keep it low carb every day.

Give yourself a break haha. Just remember you are taking positive steps in the right direction :D

Hehe I make sure to get plenty of rest after exercising and stuff. I don't want to over-do it.

Thanks for your support :) x

Not sure about the no carbs thing myself, it's generally thought to be bad to cut whole food groups out of your diet if you're trying to be healthy, but I know a lot of people do it. Personally I'm a carb junkie and, having lost 8 stone so far being like that, I don't feel any need to change, lol. I eat a pretty carb-laden meal every night at around 9.30pm, then go straight to bed, which more or less defies a lot of weight loss advice, but it works for me. So I guess it's just a matter of finding your own "magic formula" by trial and error, because everyone's different. :) xx

I think I worded it very wrong. By "no carb" I pretty much meant junk food. :p I posted it pretty late, my brain was being slow!

I will eat carbs each day. Just having a pitta with humous really helps fill a whole when I want a snack.

I want to avoid wheat, but bread is just too convenient to avoid :(

I will still have some sugars too. But I just want to keep it low.

Back