My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Inspired by toxicsgrl's goals, I have decided to add a few core goals to my signature.

I will add more, but for now that is the foundation of my 2013 aims.

I am not sure whether it is right to put a time frame by a weight-goal, but heck, even if I fail it won't demoralize me. I will be close, that's for sure!

You will smash these goals, what are you talking about demoralizing for! ;) lol

Hello! :)

Thanks, I wish you good luck on your weight loss too!

Hope you've had a good day today - and well done with the rowing. Normally I'm quite a hardcore exerciser (when I haven't given it all up and eaten rubbish for 9 months during pregnancy) and I think rowing is the hardest cardio out there!

Well you will be interested in the next post I am about to make then :p

Hello guys, this is just a post talking about an exercise goal that I wanted to achieve when I started back in November. So this post is only about exercise and the goal.

Back in November, I could only do 20 minutes on the rowing machine. I would be exhausted. My brother (who is a fitness fanatic) suggested if I could do one hour of rowing. I responded with...

"Absolutely NO CHANCE".

Since then I really wanted to row for one whole hour, it was the only exercise goal I really had. I didn't touch the rowing machine again until I had lost 16lbs by the end of December - pretty much when I joined this site. Then I could do 20 minutes, twice in a day. I would do 20 minutes, then have a 15 minute break, and do another. This consumed a lot of time though.

So, for the last month I have been rowing for 25 minutes, a few days week. Which is good for me, and decent for a 300lb guy. Last week I only worked out twice, I was pretty chilled the whole week and was focusing on my diet mainly.

I got ready to workout today, excited to see how much my body could achieve after a few days break without exercise. I wanted to see how long I could go for. Click the image to see the end result!

IMAG0360.jpg

Yup. I reached 60 minutes of rowing - which I deemed impossible 3 months ago. I am very, very proud with myself. And my body is obviously getting stronger, it is a great feeling!

But not only did I reach 60 minutes, I performed over 2000 rows. 45 minutes through, I knew I could reach 60 minutes, but I challenged myself to reach 2000. And I was successful in doing so.

In short, I achieved one big exercise goal, and another nice exercise goal too. I am feeling great! Well, my body doesn't after that workout haha :D

According to MyFitnessPal I burnt over 1000 calories in my hour long interval rowing exercise.

I find it hard to believe I could have burnt that much. Is MyFitnessPal accurate in terms of burning calories?

According to MyFitnessPal I burnt over 1000 calories in my hour long interval rowing exercise.

I find it hard to believe I could have burnt that much. Is MyFitnessPal accurate in terms of burning calories?

Rowing is an excellent form of exercise and within 5 mins I burn around 45ish cals (according to the rower hm..) But my trainer said that its one of the best for getting a quick result i.e My workout consists of 12 mins on the treadmill (burning around 40-50 cals), 12mins on the bike (burning around 30-40 cals), I time myself each time to get to 800m for the rower - I am doing it now in around 3 mins 48 secs ( burning about 45-50 cals!!!) and on the cross trainer - xtrain at level 22! for 7 mins. Burning around 45 cals... So Im thinking its an excellent for of calorie burning!! And in terms of MFP I wouldnt know but from my personal experience it is an fab way to burn calories and you should be incredibly proud of yourself for doing it :)

Last edited:
I wish I had a rowing machine! I can't afford a gym membership either :( I used to looove rowing when I was at school, haven't done it in 7 years might be a bit more challenging to me now! I might just sit on a skateboard and roll back and forth holding my dumbbells lol, that will work, right? Lol.

Hello guys, this is just a post talking about an exercise goal that I wanted to achieve when I started back in November. So this post is only about exercise and the goal.

Back in November, I could only do 20 minutes on the rowing machine. I would be exhausted. My brother (who is a fitness fanatic) suggested if I could do one hour of rowing. I responded with...

"Absolutely NO CHANCE".

Since then I really wanted to row for one whole hour, it was the only exercise goal I really had. I didn't touch the rowing machine again until I had lost 16lbs by the end of December - pretty much when I joined this site. Then I could do 20 minutes, twice in a day. I would do 20 minutes, then have a 15 minute break, and do another. This consumed a lot of time though.

So, for the last month I have been rowing for 25 minutes, a few days week. Which is good for me, and decent for a 300lb guy. Last week I only worked out twice, I was pretty chilled the whole week and was focusing on my diet mainly.

I got ready to workout today, excited to see how much my body could achieve after a few days break without exercise. I wanted to see how long I could go for. Click the image to see the end result!

View attachment 78170

Yup. I reached 60 minutes of rowing - which I deemed impossible 3 months ago. I am very, very proud with myself. And my body is obviously getting stronger, it is a great feeling!

But not only did I reach 60 minutes, I performed over 2000 rows. 45 minutes through, I knew I could reach 60 minutes, but I challenged myself to reach 2000. And I was successful in doing so.

In short, I achieved one big exercise goal, and another nice exercise goal too. I am feeling great! Well, my body doesn't after that workout haha :D

Oh wow, that's great progress! Rowing is really hard (probably the only cardio I dislike more is the stepper...) Fantastic numbers, you should be really proud :)

I'd say since MFP takes your weight into account when calculating calorie burn it's probably a good indicator... But the only way to know for sure is to use a heart rate monitor.

Rowing is an excellent form of exercise and within 5 mins I burn around 45ish cals (according to the rower hm..) But my trainer said that its one of the best for getting a quick result i.e My workout consists of 12 mins on the treadmill (burning around 40-50 cals), 12mins on the bike (burning around 30-40 cals), I time myself each time to get to 800m for the rower - I am doing it now in around 3 mins 48 secs ( burning about 45-50 cals!!!) and on the cross trainer - xtrain at level 22! for 7 mins. Burning around 45 cals... So Im thinking its an excellent for of calorie burning!! And in terms of MFP I wouldnt know but from my personal experience it is an fab way to burn calories and you should be incredibly proud of yourself for doing it :)

Ooooh I like your workout. I plan on collaborating running, cycling and boxing with rowing eventually. In my house there is a treadmill - but I am way over the weight limit which is 16st -_-

We also have a indoor cycle bike that my Dad always uses, I will plan on using that too eventually. But it is pretty old and I would probably break it if I went on it now lol

I wish I had a rowing machine! I can't afford a gym membership either :( I used to looove rowing when I was at school, haven't done it in 7 years might be a bit more challenging to me now! I might just sit on a skateboard and roll back and forth holding my dumbbells lol, that will work, right? Lol.

Well when I was younger I used to play a lot of rugby. Naturally my shoulders and upper legs became very powerful. They still are today despite years without exercise.

So my build makes rowing an ideal exercise for me. I enjoy it a lot too, which helps!

Skateboard and dumbbells eh? Ahahaha

Oh wow, that's great progress! Rowing is really hard (probably the only cardio I dislike more is the stepper...) Fantastic numbers, you should be really proud :)

I'd say since MFP takes your weight into account when calculating calorie burn it's probably a good indicator... But the only way to know for sure is to use a heart rate monitor.

Rowing suits my build, so I love it. I would suffer hardcore on the stepper haha

Well when I was younger I used to play a lot of rugby. Naturally my shoulders and upper legs became very powerful. They still are today despite years without exercise.

So my build makes rowing an ideal exercise for me. I enjoy it a lot too, which helps!

Skateboard and dumbbells eh? Ahahaha

I'm sure it would work! Haha.

Yeah it helps when you enjoy it! There's not much I enjoy in the form of actual exercise.
I used to enjoy walking a lot and would often walk miles on end, i once walked 24 miles in a day... It literally took about 12 hours but it was summer and fun!
but its become a chore now and I barely even want to walk to the corner shop.

I'm sure it would work! Haha.

Yeah it helps when you enjoy it! There's not much I enjoy in the form of actual exercise.
I used to enjoy walking a lot and would often walk miles on end, i once walked 24 miles in a day... It literally took about 12 hours but it was summer and fun!
but its become a chore now and I barely even want to walk to the corner shop.

Although I was always chubby growing up, I played a lot of football and rugby. I loved P.E in Primary School and at the start of high school. I always enjoyed competitive sports, and I am a big fan of watching sport too.

I hope to start participating in competitive sports again when I lose weight, that would be amazing!

Never liked walking, jogging and most solo exercises. But yeh, rowing is good fun for me.

Wow 24 miles... that's pretty awesome! :O

Okay, so a diet update.

Been on target all week. Under 1700 every day and don't feel particularly hungry whatsoever.

I have perhaps eaten too much salt so far though. Need to cut it down for the second half of the week.

So far the week is going good. Don't see why there shouldn't be a 2lb loss this week, at least.

Okay, so a diet update.

Been on target all week. Under 1700 every day and don't feel particularly hungry whatsoever.

I have perhaps eaten too much salt so far though. Need to cut it down for the second half of the week.

So far the week is going good. Don't see why there shouldn't be a 2lb loss this week, at least.

Well done :) just follow salt with plenty of water and it'll stop you retaining.

1700 is a bearable number and if you eat wisely you can stretch it quite far.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results on Sunday :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done :) just follow salt with plenty of water and it'll stop you retaining.

1700 is a bearable number and if you eat wisely you can stretch it quite far.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results on Sunday :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to keep my diet very low salt and drink a lot of water for the next few days.

hey you have a good NSV - your bmi has dropped 3 points :) another 2 and you've considerably lessened your risk of heart disease! i like watching my bmi go doooownnn, means im getting healthier :) also you're at 6.29% lost, when you get to 10, thats another significant risk of something else (not sure what) lessened.

you should (if you so wish) add these mini goals to your signature - something to be proud of when you get there. i would add mine but i have apparently reached my character limit for my sig, not sure what im gonna do when i reach another goal! x

hey you have a good NSV - your bmi has dropped 3 points :) another 2 and you've considerably lessened your risk of heart disease! i like watching my bmi go doooownnn, means im getting healthier :) also you're at 6.29% lost, when you get to 10, thats another significant risk of something else (not sure what) lessened.

you should (if you so wish) add these mini goals to your signature - something to be proud of when you get there. i would add mine but i have apparently reached my character limit for my sig, not sure what im gonna do when i reach another goal! x

Yeh I think I will add some things like that to it. I would love a BMI of under 35 this year. I need to work on a nice long list of goals like you have haha

Back