My 2009 Exercise Pledge

Gene Genie

Mad as cheese
I am going to walk from Lands End to John O'Groats ok not literally as the logistics of that are too much with a day job ;)

Its 874 Miles from Lands end to John O'Groats and my new years resolution is I am going to walk 874 miles more in 2009 than I did in 2008 thats about 2.4 miles per day which i was managing quite easily when I was on Lipotrim so why did I stop .. sheer laziness thats why!:sigh:
Im going to round it up to 2.5 just because its easier to say im going to walk 10 miles a week that also allows for days when im not at work or well enough to walk
If i get off my bum and walk as I was doing on Lipotrim I will do 2 miles of it without even really inconvieniencing myself much as I caught the bus 5 stops after where I get usually get on and got off the bus 5 stops before I usually get off if i go for a stroll at lunch that could be nearly the .5 of a mile and then using the stairs rather than the lift and can probably help make up that .5 of a mile

I can walk a mile in 20 minutes so its 50 minutes out of my day which at the moment i spend sat on my bum!, according to calories per hour website I will burn about 311 calories per day just walking.

Its 490 miles from John O Groats to Manchester so thats so by the end of June I will have walked home!:D

wooohooo I think I have found some motivation I need to find a big jar and bung it in quick so it doesnt fly away again

Last edited:
I am going to walk from Lands End to John O'Groats ok not literally as the logistics of that are too much with a day job ;)

Its 874 Miles from Lands end to John O'Groats and my new years resolution is I am going to walk 874 miles more in 2009 than I did in 2008 thats about 2.4 miles per day which i was managing quite easily when I was on Lipotrim so why did I stop .. sheer laziness thats why!:sigh:
Im going to round it up to 2.5 just because its easier to say im going to walk 10 miles a month that also allows for days when im not at work or well enough to walk
If i get off my bum and walk as I was doing on Lipotrim I will do 2 miles of it without even really inconvieniencing myself much as I caught the bus 5 stops after where I get usually get on and got off the bus 5 stops before I usually get off if i go for a stroll at lunch that could be nearly the .5 of a mile and then using the stairs rather than the lift and can probably help make up that .5 of a mile

I can walk a mile in 20 minutes so its 50 minutes out of my day which at the moment i spend sat on my bum!, according to calories per hour website I will burn about 311 calories per day just walking.

Its 490 miles from John O Groats to Manchester so thats so by the end of June I will have walked home!:D

wooohooo I think I have found some motivation I need to find a big jar and bung it in quick so it doesnt fly away again

sounds like a plan :)

did you find the walking helped your losses on LT ?

Debz x

im not 100% sure it did help with losess but then there wasnt a week where i didnt do it to compare as I started out on day 1 walking and full of motivation. It was definatley a good way of getting into the habit of exercising I hadnt exercised at all before not even a stroll. Pre LT i would never have walked those 5 bus stops) now i know its not actually that far and I can do it and it wont kill me, I just got lazy since October and now I need to kick myself up the bum and get un lazy again

Good For You!
I would join ya but ..... I aint got a reason LOL
XXX

Back