My 99-Day Countdown - hopefully!

Was not a good start to the day, when I jumped on the scales and saw that my weight had gone up! Not drastically - we're talking ounces rather than pounds, but not impressed......

Nevertheless, I put it (and them!) to one side and persevered with my day!

For the first time in what feels like ages, spent the day out of my house. Managed to get a walk in this morning and then spent most of the day helping my mum cater for a function! I must admit I was tempted by the macaroni cheese, but easily overcame that. It's really hard to cook and not taste, but I managed it - hopefully it will taste okay! I must confess though, whilst I could eventually bypass the food, I could certainly have consumed the bread - I can certainly say that's something I miss!

Anyway, managed to get my shakes and water in, and just had some chicken, so hoping that the scales will head south in the morning!

bread, gets me every time! but you are doing well and we fluctuate throughout the day so I'm sure it will go down for Monday

Let's hope so - otherwise I might have to treat myself to a Haagen Dazs sandwich!

no you don't! just think of the evil headache you had getting into ketosis and also the 10lb you have shed.....

Good point! Crikey - I'm not usually one to succumb to temptation, but this diet isn't easy.

if it was easy we wouldn't appreciate the losses

Its boredom that makes us want to eat, not that we actually need it. Its a habit like smoking and just as bad for us.
Bread and tiger rolls are my downfall, especially with cheese,or crisps or some black pudding, oh the list is endless..lol
Just keep writing on here and you will soon forget and then it will be way too late to eat.
OMG my OH has just asked, are you having suppies, which is his way of saying im wanting something to eat but need you to approve..bless him.

awww, what a thoughtful OH :) yep, boredom gets me everytime! Although this time I have plenty of uni work to do so not too bad for me.

Thanks Ladies - I agree, boredom doesn't help. I've actually got plenty to do - have just lacked a bit of motivation this evening.

I ate some really peppery chicken this evening and it's like it's stuck in my throat - rather irritating actually. Spent the evening making up party bags and baking again, so keeping myself busy!

Here's to the weekend!

Agree totally it's boredom that does it and I realise I consume lots of calories without really noticing while grazing ! Even cleaned out cupboards this week !! Have a good day :)

Hello Mininmins - Hello (& almost goodbye!) Day 13!

Again, been out of the house pretty much all day, but it's not been a great day and I must admit I feel a bit down tonight.

Got up this morning and baked and decorated a cake and then took my daughter to a birthday party. Completely resisted the temptation of the fresh, home baked pizza and chicken curry and rice, so proud of myself on that and just stuck to water, having had a shake before I left.

Left the party and then got the news that my best friend has bowel cancer, which has just totally floored me. It seems that they've diagnosed it early, but still, it's going to be a long and hard road. Spent the rest of the evening at hers and only ate a bit of chicken and drank water.

Came home, only to receive a totally depressing letter, which rounded off the day!

Consoled myself in a bottle of water.........

big hugs :( hope things get better. At least they got it early with your friend

What a tough day, but you made it, be proud of yourself. Big hugs to you through this tough time. :bighug:

Thanks Ladies - so supportive on here.

Think I just need to go to my bed and draw a line under today!

sounds a plan :) you go and snuggle with a hot water bottle, hope it's a better day tomorrow

Sorry to hear your bad news hunny, hugs. Take it easy hun xxx

So sorry to read about your tough few days, but youve done brilliantly not to feel the need to console yourself with food like many of us would. Hope today is looking a bit better.
I found out yesterday that one of the ladies that worked for me in my last job had had a stroke and died 3 weeks ago,no-one thought to tell me, really not amused as still have contact with my old work and was there just last week. AAARGGHH!! Sorry rant over.

Take care.
xx

Hello Ladies - and thanks for all your support - today's another day!

Got up this morning in a much more positive frame of mind and got myself ready for church. I somehow managed to crick my neck doing my hair, which is bizarre, but quite painful and doesn't make for much fun when driving!

Had a vanilla shake for breakfast this morning - pretty much without ice, as my daughter consumed all the ice last night! Not happy, but it wasn't too bad.

Have managed a couple of litres of water and just had some chicken breast - although I must confess, not my favourite!

Planning on a pretty relaxing afternoon/evening, although my house is a tip! See if I can muster up the motivation to do something about it later.

Can't believe two weeks are over already.................. doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Oh yeah - forgot to say I actually got on the scales this morning. Weight loss isn't great, but I shouldn't be surprised.

However, I did look at my body fat % and that's gone down 3% from the start of this week. Given that I've lost weight already, I was quite pleased with that.

Also shows that I'm actually at a point where the body's losing weight by burning fat and not just water.

Keep on burning, I say....

take each day as it comes, it's all we can do. Hopefully you will get some peace from church. We may be interetty people but if we can help, just yell (or type) :bighug:

All seems good so far, and tomorrow we will be celebrating again together :)

Back