My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

I'm sure it would lol - btw one of the best upper body cardio workouts I have found is punching - Jillian Micheals does it on her 30 day shred and she says it is great for folks with impaired lower body mobility. You just punch (like boxing) from left to right with opposite arms across your body at a good rate and it really does raise the heart rate (and helps the bingo wings lol) xx

Brilliant tip! Thank you Quak!. I"ll give that a shot. I"m not giving up exercising because of this. I'm going to have to be super careful not to gain weight from sitting around all day. My right leg will waste away a bit over the 2-3 months but if I get it as strong as I can before surgery and continue my weight loss I will hopefully be helping myself...

Just have images of myself lying in bed punching! LOL.. I have some hand weights I can use too.. mmmm really onto a good one here I think.

Morning Kizzzie, there's loads of exercises you can do sitting and lying love :) and how about swimming? is that low impact enough

Hi Jim,

Once I get my immobiliser removed I'll start swimming physio again.. walking in the pool is remarkable for building up my legs... the problem is that I need to wear the thing for maybe 8 weeks.. depending on recovery.

I'd love to know more about the lying down and chair exercises though.. I'll be in hospital for about a week post op and then on my bed most of the time for a good few weeks after. I'm hoping to get the immobiliser off as soon as possible so I can start rehab.

I'll google it all and find out.

Still sticking to my diet!!!.. Haven't slipped up yet..and believe me I could have eaten a bag of chocolate caramels last night after being so fed up and not having a loss for over a week!!..

Breakfast: Atkins Shake and coffee
Lunch: Cauliflower mash with cheese cream and chopped mushrooms with a scallopini on the top

Still not hungry but fancying a few things these past few days. I haven't done any real exercise since Thursday (the day before everything went wrong with my knees).. so I'm hobbling around.. but know I can't do too much as I might damage my knees further.

oh right, I'd forgotten the immobiliser Kizzie. but pool work is good physio isn't it ;)

Hope you're coping OK Kizzie xxx Sending lots of love and healing thoughts x

Thank you Neen!.. that's so sweet of you to drop by and think of me. I've just got back to the US from Spain, so I'll be here for about 6 weeks before heading back for surgery.

Did a good shop this morning.. so glad to get back to products I'm familiar with.

Also did 2 hours in the gym yesterday with my trainer and 2 hours this morning.. -no more treadmill..and no more StairMaster (which I love!)... so only eliptical and stationary bike.. and whatever else he wants to punish me with. He's done his homework so has loads of rehab exercises for me.

Last week I lost 1 pound!... so hoping now I"m working out every day again I'll lose again.

Breakfast: Atkins shake (1/2 before the gym, 1/2 after)
Snack: Pork rinds... and 2 liters of Crystal light (going to aim for about 4 liters of water a day)
Lunch: Rueben Sandwich: 2 slices of Deli low sodium no carb roasted turkey, with three strips of corned beef/brisket, 1 forkful of no sugar sauerkraut, mustard, mayo, rolled up into the turkey YUMMY..

Dinner: Out tonight with friends so not sure... maybe lobster with veggies (got to love Red Lobster!!)..

You're a busy girl! Glad your trainer has some exercises to help you make the best of the situation ! Hopefully that means no interruptions (or not too many) to your losses x
I guess you have a nice lot of ingredients and foods geared to sugar free over there...moreso than us here I reckon. I keep seeing great recipes online that require ingredients you can only buy in the states...hard to get the equivalents here sometimes. But we have to make do!
I love the sound of lobster, I even bought one and it's in the freezer because I'm scared to cook it!
What does it taste like? I keep thinking big buttery prawn? If so I'm in!!
Hope you have a wonderful time out x

Susie.. not quite sure if I'm craving the gym or the trainer! ;) either way I'm in there!!

Neen, there are a lot of low carb things here but some are so unhealthy filled with sugar alcohols... I'm trying to stick to the recipes in the book though. What kind of ingredients are you referring to that you can't get?

haha.. absolutely!!... it's also great that he's so supportive of my health..and has told me many times that we're in this together. Considering he's a 6ft 6 ex NFL star and used to working with elite athletes.. I'm pretty honoured that he chose to take me on.. a good challenge for him!

I haven't seen low carb choc chips!.. I think I should avoid them anyway... I have a few atkins bars JUST IN CASE!... although I"m enjoying hot chocolate on the occasion. Cream, water, cocoa and splenda.. with cinnamon!.. and vanilla extract.

Oh god.... Mmmmm to the choc WITH the NFL player...... *must get mind out of the gutter!....

Neen,, I only have the hot chocolate when I REALLY need it!.... and then I make the hot chocolate with water, cinnamon and splenda... and add cream to taste.... it's usually a good glug though! ;)

Gym: One hour bike, One hour with Personal Trainer strength training.
Water: 2 litres so far
Breakfast; Handful of pork scratchings!... needed the salt... and an Atkins shake
Lunch: Reuben Sandwich made with turkey, corned beef, SF Sauerkraut, horseradish and mayo wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Dinner: Oxtail stew.. with loads of kale and kale chips on the side.. (mushrooms and half a small onion in the low carb (broth) gravy... simmering slowly..

Heading to the beach for the afternoon!.. Really enjoying my week OFF!!....

Back