My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Thank you Sam :)

I've just made Coconut/Nut/Choc chip cookies (coconut flour, hazelnut meal, almond meal, SF chocolate, butter, egg and coconut oil)! lol.. for the family/parents when our guests are here tomorrow.. Parents have just tried them and love them. They're only bite size, but I'm clueless how to work out the carbs.. I just told them to have two only!

Happy weekend everyone

Oooh those cookies sound wonderful! I like using almond flour in baking - must get sorted this weekend and make some up :)

How are you doing today? Sxx

Hey Susie!

Sorry I took so long to reply! All good. just a hectic holiday weekend with family gatherings.. BBQs, dinners, lunches!.. and this girl STAYED ON TRACK :). heck yeah. I was even making the garlic bread, filling hot dog buns and burger buns with ketchup and pickles. cooking up corn on the cob with butter, and serving sweet desserts. without wanting any of it.. (although the smell of the garlic bread cooking drove me wild! had to make a batch of garlic butter to melt onto my cooked veggies! ha! lovely)…

So a great day of eating Sunday

Breakfast: scrambled egg with a giant portobello mushroom
Lunch: roast pork with 1/2 avocado
Snack: pork rinds with dip
Dinner: roast lamb, with broccoli cheese, white cabbage cooked with rosemary and served with a drizzle of melted butter
Dessert: Fake Irish Coffee : Coffee, vanilla extract, sweetener, topped with heavy cream! LOVELY

Played "Billionaire, Newmarket and Gin Rummy' with my family.. Gambled with a family size bag of hershey's almond kisses!.. didn't eat even one! :).. hurrah.. so I munched on a couple of my low carb coconut.almond, chocolate chip cookies :)

Monday
Breakfast: poached eggs and bacon

Dinner/lunch: BBQ burger, ribs, salad,
Dessert: Sugar Free trifle! …. sf Jelly *I had chopped white peaches and blackberry's. My parents ate the fruit, I just had the jelly part, with home made low carb custard (eggs, cream, vanilla and sweetener) and Whipped cream with grated SF chocolate on the top.. YUM

Tuesday: *Back to school
Breakfast: Sliced roast pork
Lunch: Roast beef, home made coleslaw (white cabbage, spring onions, mayo and a drizzle of Nando's mild sauce
Dinner: One quarter slice of crustless quiche and some leftover cold lamb
Dessert: Needed a chocolate fix, had an Atkins Caramel Chew.. with a half can of pepsi max! (eek! must have been after yesterday's indulgences)

Water: half a liter. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Frame of mind: MOTIVATED!!.. although, VERY STRESSED, trying to stay in control of this one thing in my life!!..

Checking in again tomorrow :).. It's the time of the month from tomorrow onwards.. so I'll be feeling like hell and craving everything that even remotely resembles a carb.. let's see how THIS willpower pays off!

Wow sweetie you are rocking this way of eating, woohoo!!!!!! :D

I've decided that gains and wobbles are to be expected, but just keep on keeping on and it will all work out - and in the meantime you're eating fabulous food and never going hungry!

For added inspiration (and when you have time), read Katie's thread from the beginning - she has lost five stone plus and is merrily maintaining now. Really inspiring xxx

*I have Katie's thread bookmarked!! ha.. it's the first thing I see when I open this minimins site! :) i have read most of it but must go back and read it again. I remember Katie from 2011.. she started a month or so before me.. which is why I kick myself that I didn't have the willpower to stick with it.. BUT as I said, it's a lifestyle change, which makes this time different for me.. I'm battling to make this my way of eating forever… and finally accepting that the weight won't just fall off but WILL come off if I keep going.. I'm trying not to give myself unrealistic goals and will just keep pushing on… accepting the ups and downs (and the 'stays the same') and trust my body.. I"m still tempted by the unhealthy things.. and aside from telling myself 'they look better than they taste'.. I'm telling myself how 'sick' they make me.

I'm not feeling so bloated anymore and I"m embracing the changes that are slowly happening to me.. I just think this time, the mindset is in the right place… I'm not setting myself up to fail, but allowing myself to adjust mentally and physically.

:)..As I said in my previous post, my life is at a very stressful junction right now, this is all I really have control over, so it's keeping me positive :)

*I wasn't called into school this morning, so I have a wonderful lie- in! I slept without sleeping pills, and no nightmares for the first time in weeks. So, I'm feeling refreshed to tackle the day ahead! :)

I'll log in my food later on

Oh dear - my ears are burning! :eek:
However if I can persuade anyone to hang in there and just keep going a day at a time then great:)
Still maintaining, not and never will be skinny...but did just get a few new dance outfits and looking forward to showing them off:D

Keep going Kizzie and it will work xxx

Helloo!..

GOsh, what a hellish week I've had with school, jobs, personal life and illness.. Had a few ups and downs.. a few slip ups.. had my time of the month.. but thankfully weighed in on Sunday and 'stayed the same'.. PHEW…

Super busy right now, but i'll be popping in again to update food journal etc..

Week 4 DONE :.. 211..

**Father down TWO STONE in 9 weeks.. SO proud of him.. he's now introduced All Bran for breakfast.. and still losing.. I guess his way works for him blessh im. He's so full of life again :)

Hi Kizzie, hope all well:) xx

Back