My Atkins Journey and diary

rosebug said:
No, no. Reread what I quoted. Your cal level sounds fine. I think I hit the same sometimes and I'm half a foot shorter!

Ha ha - you're right. I must be the carb queen :D

Good morning :)

Hi guys.
Didnt write yesterday as i had lunch out and it was a mini carb fest. My book arrived yesterday so been lying reading it this morning.
Got a spliting headache now and OH is not helping with his music on.
B. just made us a mushroom omlette topped with a bit of cheese. I had 4 slices of pastrami and 2 corned beef with mine.
L wont be having any
D OH wants to go out to the harvester so not to worried.
Still never lost a lb yet, i think thats why i had carbs yesterday as getting fed up. Dont get me wrong enjoy the food just not the results.
Using the apps on my phone(3 of them) to keep me on track.
Going to go and lie down as my head is pounding.
Hope you all have a great day.
X

Right, start again when you're feeling up to it and and resolve to go two weeks with no slips at all, no matter what. No choccies or anything but what's on the legal induction list and the occasional sf jelly or mim. Have a little break now if you need it but when you start up again, make a deal with yourself, 2 weeks no slips -at all-, and hide the scales for those two weeks. I really think you'll see a loss if you manage to do that, and if not we'll know something more needs to be done.

ETA: you might want to have a look as slimming world red days. It's their version of a carb lowering, low GI diet, but not ketogenic which means you can have the odd treat like a chocolate within your points allowance. You do have to eat low fat foods but can still eat well, and it seems to be the plan people have the best losses on. Maybe it would work better for you right now? Ketogenic diets require as hardcore adherence to the rules as things like Cambridge, really, and it can be very hard.

Last edited:
Thx Rose for the advice and will manage to do 2 weeks. Its just getting to the stage where i might have to resort back to shakes for a few weeks but i really dont want to.
I am going to try the menus that are in the atkins book to get myself on track. I know eating thus way just now us helping maintain the weight i am but i really need to loose over 2 stone before thinking about maintaining.
I will succeed coz i have before.
Thx again
X

I'm in the same place julz. Did 5 days on dukan trying to get s boost but my heads not in the right place. I may resort back to shakes too but don't want to as my hair has only just grown back. After brum I'll do strict induction, clean and green.

Think were all feeling the same way at the minute Julz. I have 3 weeks worth of shakes and am going to use them after Im finished doing the shred. I need to get this weight off and 1lb a week (while I am delighted Im losing) just isnt enough. At that rate Ill be here for another year to get the rest of this weight off.

Morning Julz :)

Morning all,
Apologies for not writing for a long time.I have been having big talks with myself and have decided to go back to shakes as my weight was just not going anywhere. Atkins was helping me maintain which is good but only when I get back down to target.
Thx for all your advice and support you have all been brilliant. I will be back once at goal and maybe inbetween times.
Glad to see your weekend meet was a great success.
Better go and update my ticker now.
Speak soon
x

Good luck Julz, I hope it works for you

Good Luck Julz
xx

I can relate Julz. I'm not losing at all and have decided to alternate a month of Exante with a month of Atkins until I get the rest of the weight off. Good luck!

Thats exactly what i was planning. Have ordered a months supply. Dont have it yet as only made my mind up on sat. However have left over stuff from before so started today. Porriage then a bar which didnt taste as bad this time, and soup for dinner all so damm boring but its not for long.

Thx for your gd luck wishes, i think i might need them.

Back