My attempt at Low Carb!

Hi all, what's the view on frozen veg? Ok? Can't see why not but thought I better check....

Self sabotage!!! Time for a confession....keep being really good for the morning, sometimes the whole day and then eat something like a biscuit or chocolate and then am angry that I have! Why why why why why...I know I just need to stop it and pull myself together, does anyone else have this problem :-(

Self sabotage!!! Time for a confession....keep being really good for the morning, sometimes the whole day and then eat something like a biscuit or chocolate and then am angry that I have! Why why why why why...I know I just need to stop it and pull myself together, does anyone else have this problem :-(

I am surprised that you have resorted to a biscuit etc in the evenings as my experience of low carb is that cravings for said goodies reduces. Maybe you should not buy any for a little while so that your temptation to eat them is reduced. Just a thought xx

Dawnejoy said:
I am surprised that you have resorted to a biscuit etc in the evenings as my experience of low carb is that cravings for said goodies reduces. Maybe you should not buy any for a little while so that your temptation to eat them is reduced. Just a thought xx

Thanks Dawnejoy, just need to not allow myself into shops alone lol

That's the trouble when its all on show sometimes......................I've found that the horrible cravings have gone, but there would always be room for a biscuit or two, but for me, its knowing that I would ruin my plan so far so keeps me on the straight and narrow, but then again I have loads to lose and am in a hurry to get there :giggle: You are doing really well and not far from goal now are you?

Dawnejoy said:
That's the trouble when its all on show sometimes......................I've found that the horrible cravings have gone, but there would always be room for a biscuit or two, but for me, its knowing that I would ruin my plan so far so keeps me on the straight and narrow, but then again I have loads to lose and am in a hurry to get there :giggle: You are doing really well and not far from goal now are you?

No not far now, wedding dress shopping is June so that's my target. Thanks for popping in :)

So...not posted for a while, been a bit "off" diet. But that all changes in May in the count down to wedding dress Shopping - mini may goals;

30 day shred
Keep food diary on here

Must admit..............chocolate seems to be calling and thought I wouldn't get cravings being on low-carb diet, but def want chocolate :( lolIts good to have mini-goals as they are more achievable and you need the encouragement to keep going that achieving the mini-goals does for us :) You will do it :)

Phoenyx said:
Oops sorry - just posted some text here that was meant for my diary - doh!

No worried Phoenyx, I'll be joining you on the shred 1st May :)

1st May 2013 - 30 day shred begins!!!

Day 1 Level 1

Food was good. 1 normal coffee with skimmed milk and lots of water

Last edited:
2nd May - 30 day shred D2 L1

Good food, 3 x decaf coffee with skimmed milk and lots and lots of water

Last edited:
Well done getting shredding - supposed to be very good for inches:D

Well done getting shredding - supposed to be very good for inches:D

Thanks Katie, hopefully. I did my measurements before so will report back at the end of the month

Day 3 - BAD

Poor excuse really but out for work in the rain went to three different places to find something good but nothing and gave in starving for a panini :-(
Also straight out till late so no shred..make up for it tomorrow

Day 4 L1 Shred

As I didn't do it yesterday I did it first thing this morning 7:30am and again at 3:30pm :)

Food good, 2 x decaf coffee with skimmed milk and lots of water

Day 5 L1 shred

Good food, 1 x tea, 1 x coffee lots of water

Day 6 L1

Good food until late evening. 1 x tea and 1 x coffee but had 2 glasses of red wine and bit of chocolate :-(

If you have a slow cooker you should pick up a book on low carb slow cooker recipes. It's been a life saver for me, because I'm more motivated to cook low carb if I'm using it (I love that thing) and the recipes are really good.

Back