My Before, During and After Thread!

Ok, just [STRIKE]inhaled [/STRIKE]eaten my chicken soup, the first thing I have actually enjoyed! Well, as much as one can enjoy flavoured water :p Feel better now, but I can't wait to get into ketosis.

Ok, just [STRIKE]inhaled [/STRIKE]eaten my chicken soup, the first thing I have actually enjoyed! Well, as much as one can enjoy flavoured water :p Feel better now, but I can't wait to get into ketosis.

Glad you liked the chicken soup. I have to confess, it's the only soup I like but other people rave about the other flavours. :) My CDC lost 4 stone having nothing but vegetable soup (weirdo :D - I love her loads though).

I'm guessing you're feeling a bit ' interesting' today - Day 2 will do that to you. :) Hang on in there, it will get a lot lot better soon...

Well done on your first day. You'll get used to it and learn to love the grossness of some products haha! After your first week time will fly by :)

Yes Lily, today was 'interesting'... felt tired, hungry but not starving, fed up but not ready to give up. Weird. Hard but in no way I can put into words... My counsellor said she has a lady who has lost 2 stone on just tomato soup!! Yuck, even for breakfast!!

Felix! Thankyou, I don't think I will ever love porridge... my CDC did say it's a love or hate thing, lol! I'm wishing the days away ATM to get past day 3, I think I just want that energy high!

Well. Today was as Lily said, 'interesting'... mentally harder than yesterday but I wasn't as hungry. Has maple & pecan porridge for breakfast & made it with cold water before microwaving like an imbecile so it was rank. Watery yuckiness. Had strawberry shake for dinner, my fave so far, really good! And had tomato soup for tea, was nice, bit like a cup a soup, but there was only half a cup full, it did fill me though so why I'm moaning I don't know! I always feel better after tea, maybe it's because it's warm. I need to build up the courage to try peppermint tea.

Drank about 4.5litres of water so far, not finding it hard to do that. Got a bit of a headache but nothing chronic. Toilet situation is regular but I started taking physilluim tabs today just incase.

Right, off to watch my Sky+'ed Biggest Loser, have a good one ladies xxx

Aw, well done hunni, you're doing fab. One more day and you should find yourself on the outskirts of Ketosis-shire, a strange county where the inhabitants have awfully pongy breath but are very friendly. :D Many are remarkably energetic and will tell you that they feel quite a 'buzz' but curiously, aren't hungry anymore (well, so long as no one's been smuggling in Coke Zero). Well worth staying there for a bit. :D

LOL, I'm a nutter. Are you sure you want me as a friend? :)

I need to dust myself down after a day that frankly wasn't one of my best so will get myself off to bed in a minute and make myself read my Advantage Response Cards!

Hope you sleep well and feel a bit more normal in the morning.

P.S. Thanks for the hug - really needed that x x

Aw, well done hunni, you're doing fab. One more day and you should find yourself on the outskirts of Ketosis-shire, a strange county where the inhabitants have awfully pongy breath but are very friendly. :D Many are remarkably energetic and will tell you that they feel quite a 'buzz' but curiously, aren't hungry anymore (well, so long as no one's been smuggling in Coke Zero). Well worth staying there for a bit. :D

LOL, I'm a nutter. Are you sure you want me as a friend? :)

I need to dust myself down after a day that frankly wasn't one of my best so will get myself off to bed in a minute and make myself read my Advantage Response Cards!

Hope you sleep well and feel a bit more normal in the morning.

P.S. Thanks for the hug - really needed that x x

This made me LOL :D I'm in stinky town as of this morning, woot! :p

I like my friends nutty, I'm not right myself!! You've been such a help to me & so knowledgable. You're brill ;)

I'm here for hugs anytime you need em!!

Stupid Firefox keeps crashing on me gah!

Right, yesterday woke up with a stonker of a headache, right across my forehead from temple to temple, I could barely open my eyes.

Then DS gave me my Mother's Day present, 2 shortbread biscuits he had made at nursery :O He asked if he could share so I gave him one & tried to get him to eat the other but he said "No, you eat this one Mummy" I felt so guilty :( I said I would eat it later & put it in the cupboard for SO to eat. It smelled gorgeous!

I had maple porridge for breakfast, cooked properly but still rank. Will ask my CDC to swap the other plain porridge Thursday. Butterscotch shake for dinner which I was dreading but tasted quite nice! Like fudge. Then had potato & leek soup for tea, that was lovely, nice & thick! Felt really weak yesterday, like a little kitten. DS was a little monster all day & SO had chest pains so was lay on the couch all day & I didn't have the energy to tell DS off properly.

This morning, woke up with a headache & felt hungry, so fed up!! I got on the scales even though I hadn't planned to til my CDC comes again but I wanted to see if it was worth it, 6 lbs down!! So I was happy with that, lol!

Had choc orange shake, yummy!! Loved it, will get lots of those next week. Feel a bit better now, not full of energy but not exhausted either. Gonna keep going!

I'm not really craving food, I just keep telling myself it will all be there waiting for me. I've got an Easter egg I'm saving so I won't miss out. I wouldn't want to go through these 3 days again for anything, that's keeping me going too! I'm thinking if I stick 100% it will be done in no time & cost me less money. I had loads more things to write but I've forgotten them now. Poo.

Oh, that was it, I don't know whether to try to get to 9st7lb on my scales or the CDC's. There's a 5.5lb difference. I might just see how I look at the time. My scales are saying 10st 12 which is the first time I've been in the 10's for probably about 6 years, fantastic feeling.

Off work today so I'm going to watch some scary movies I've Sky+'ed. Hope everyone has a good day!

OK, last bit whilst I remember, I'm going to use this diet to try & reassess my relationship to food, I know that when I crave crappy food it's for the sugar rush & it doesn't last longer than the food is in my mouth, then I feel guilty. I need to stop that connection & stop eating for reasons other than hunger.

I also want to eat healthy foods, hopefully my tastebuds will change after a break & I won't enjoy eating crap anymore. Hoping that my stomach shrinks too & I won't need to eat as much. I'm going to buy a male diet plate for maintenance when I finsish so my portions don't grow. I want to stop eating when I'm satisfied, not push through it just because I'm enjoying the taste.

Wow, been a weird one today. Normally on a day off work I would probably get a cake, some chocolate & crisps & snack whilst watching films & enjoying some alone times but I haven't done that, obviously.

It's normally my favourite thing to do (sad, I know but when you have a 3 year old that follows you to the toilet you appreciate having time to yourself!) but I haven't enjoyed it :/

I've been hungry, headachy & on the toilet (weeing) all day. It's a horrible rainy day & all I can do is think about having to walk to Nursery in that & pick DS up when I wish I could get in the car & go for him but I haven't drove for nearly 2 years. I suppose I'm pissed off with myself really for letting myself get overweight, letting the driving slide. Bah. Annoyed.

Oh, if anyone else had lost 6lbs by day 4, how much did you lose by day 7? Want an idea of what I might lose to cheer me up. Thanks :)

AND! Just had my cappuccino shake (hot) and was disgusting. Move over nasty porridge there's a contender for your title. Like coffee flavoured soup. Yack!! What I thought Butterscotch would taste like.

Hey hey! Feelin good this morning! Not full of energy, I wouldn't go that far, lol, but pretty good! My tightest pants are loose :D

Stopped feeling hungry last night, so thank God for that! Had Oriental chilli for tea, very nice! Spicy & had little bits I could attempt to chew, hehe.

Woke up with another stinking headache, whats all that about?! Must be the sugar withdrawals. Vanilla shake this morning, really liked that.

Hope everyone has a good day!

DS was a little monster all day & SO had chest pains so was lay on the couch all day & I didn't have the energy to tell DS off properly.

SO went to the emergency Dr last night & has Shingles! DS & I haven't had Chicken Pox yet so I hope we don't get it! That would be the last thing we need!

Chocolate Tetra yesterday for dinner, really liked that! My CDC didn't have any chocolate shake mixes so it was the first time I'd tried it. Veg soup for tea, didn't like this much, just not tasty like the others.

DS's parent's evening last night & I stayed late at work to make some time up, got home, washed pots & made tea for My Mum & SO & had a bath then I went to bed at about 8.30 with SO as we were both really tired. Woke up this morning with no headache!!! Yay! Was weeing all through the night though, even though I didn't drink anything after about 7.30.

Fruits of the Forest for breakfast, was OK, nothing special. Went to work on the bus as I don't think I could manage going on my bike, too many hills! Went to Primarni on the way & got 2 new pairs of slippers, £3 reduced to £1 each, bargain! It would have been rude not to :p

I was looking at all the pretty sundresses, I know this diet is the one that will finally get me in them!! In a size 10 of course :D

Friend from work said I look like I've lost loads of weight (haven't seen her for a few weeks) she said my face looks really thin, wooot!

Have a good day ladies :D

SO went to the emergency Dr last night & has Shingles! DS & I haven't had Chicken Pox yet so I hope we don't get it! That would be the last thing we need!

:eek: Shingles? Oh, poor SO. And poor you. Does SO make a good or bad patient? Hope you don't catch chicken pox.

Chocolate Tetra yesterday for dinner, really liked that! My CDC didn't have any chocolate shake mixes so it was the first time I'd tried it. Veg soup for tea, didn't like this much, just not tasty like the others.

DS's parent's evening last night & I stayed late at work to make some time up, got home, washed pots & made tea for My Mum & SO & had a bath then I went to bed at about 8.30 with SO as we were both really tired. Woke up this morning with no headache!!! Yay! Was weeing all through the night though, even though I didn't drink anything after about 7.30.

Fruits of the Forest for breakfast, was OK, nothing special. Went to work on the bus as I don't think I could manage going on my bike, too many hills! Went to Primarni on the way & got 2 new pairs of slippers, £3 reduced to £1 each, bargain! It would have been rude not to :p

Oh LOL, thought it was just my niece who calls it Primarni. :) We haven't got one locally. :(

I was looking at all the pretty sundresses, I know this diet is the one that will finally get me in them!! In a size 10 of course :D

Friend from work said I look like I've lost loads of weight (haven't seen her for a few weeks) she said my face looks really thin, wooot!

Yay! Good to know it's working! And yes, roll on those size 10s.

Don't think I've been a size 10 since I was 8... :)

Yay! Lily, I missed you! I know you weren't gone for lone but a day feels like a week lately, lol!

SO is much better, he's on antivirals & they seem to be doing the job, I made him a garlic butter rib eye steak with melted cheese & chips last night, I'm not a big steak fan but man it looked good!!

There isn't a Primark near my Sister in York either, the city won't have one as they say it's downmarket!

I was a size 10 when I was 10! I remember getting a flowery dress from C&A, LOL!

How are you Lily? xx

OK, Yesterday was the humoungous buffet!! There were pasties, pies, nachos, sandwiches, crisps, homemade cakes and guylian chocolates!! So proud of myself for resisting! Had a strawberry tetra for dinner, was horrible as I can't keep them in the fridge (there's a thief about, I don't fancy going hungry!) so I'll just have chocolate next week as I don't mind those warmish. After next week I'll go on to shakes for breakfast, bars for dinner & soups for tea. Can't wait!

Made SO the meal above, I was just staring at it as he ate it, it looked sooooo good! I can't wait to eat good things when I finish, go for nice meals, not just shovel down crap without enjoying it! Felt myself yesterday, watched a film when the football was on, stayed up til about 10.30 & wasn't tired.

This morning woke up with a headache again, can't be water as I was drinking all night. Toffee & Walnut for breakfast, yuck! Can still taste it, not nice!! Got my weigh in tonight, eek!! Seriously can't wait to see what I've lost with me being 100%!

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Have you got any of those ice blocks - the sort you put in coolboxes? You can pick 'em up from most big supermarkets or places like Wilko pretty cheaply. That's what l use to keep my tetras cold. :) I don't like putting them in the fridge at work either, but only because I don't like having to answer prying questions from my colleagues. :)

Ooh, that's a good idea! Thanks Lily!

Whilst you're here, and you are the expert and all ;)

I noticed you predict someones weight loss on another thread, what do you think mine will be tonight! (I did sneakily weigh myself on Mon morning & they said 6lbs, but my weigh in is at night)

Thanks Lily :D

Have really, really struggled mentally today. I don't know why. Haven't been hungry but my head is constantly in food, thinking about quitting & doing another diet. Got cotton wool brain too, can't focus on things properly. What's going on?! Someone help please! :(

coralprincess said:
I noticed you predict someones weight loss on another thread, what do you think mine will be tonight! (I did sneakily weigh myself on Mon morning & they said 6lbs, but my weigh in is at night)

Ooh, am I too late? I'm going to guess at 9 pounds :)

Have really, really struggled mentally today. I don't know why. Haven't been hungry but my head is constantly in food, thinking about quitting & doing another diet. Got cotton wool brain too, can't focus on things properly. What's going on?! Someone help please! :(

Cotton wool brain is a ketosis related thing. It comes and goes, especially if you're a bit tired. Well, either that or you've got chicken pox ;)

As for the mental thing, understandably you're going to be a bit fixated on how much weight you've lost. That too will come and go. I know you don't believe me right now, but some day soon you'll realise you've forgotten to have a shake. :)

Hope your weigh in's a good 'un :cross:

Back