My Before, During and After Thread!

Ooh, am I too late? I'm going to guess at 9 pounds :)

Cotton wool brain is a ketosis related thing. It comes and goes, especially if you're a bit tired. Well, either that or you've got chicken pox ;)

As for the mental thing, understandably you're going to be a bit fixated on how much weight you've lost. That too will come and go. I know you don't believe me right now, but some day soon you'll realise you've forgotten to have a shake. :)

Hope your weigh in's a good 'un :cross:

Thanks Lily, I had 9lb in my head too..
It was 6.5lbs, I'm a bit dissapointed to tell the truth! I was 100% & drank at least 4l of water a day. My CDC was really helpful, she was here for over half an hour & said it's because I don't have that much to lose. I'm worried I wont lose the 2 stone in 2 month I thought I would. I can't afford to do the diet indefinately. I'm just a bit bummed. What will my weekly weight losses be now? :(

Also, I'm going onto SS+ this week, I've been struggling around dinner & tea time, about 2 hours before my respective CD meals are due, so if I have a small chicken salad at work at 12, I can space it out a little better. Plus I feel left out when everyone is eating at work, like a spare part, but I didn't want my Tetra at 12 because then I'd be going too long at night. This seems to be the best option. I still feel partly like a failure though, I thought I'd just be SS'ing.

Oh well, at least I've not binged!!

6.5 lbs is still a good loss, honestly x x

:happy096:

I just responded to the other thread, but in case you see this one first...

Didn't I read that you lost 4 lbs in the week or two before you got started? There's some of the 9 lbs I calculated... you lost some of the water weight before you got started!

How old are you hun, if that's not too cheeky a question? The younger you are, the faster you lose weight on any diet, not just Cambridge. I'll be able to guesstimate a bit better what your average weight losses will be if I know. :)

But guesstimating now - 2 to 3 pounds a week. That's still going to be much much faster than you could lose weight doing SW or WW - honestly. At your current weight, you'd probably only lose a pound a week on those diets (with the occasional 2 pound week).

Weight loss slows down the nearer you get to goal on any diet - and you really haven't got much to lose, not compared to many people here. You just can't compare the weekly loss of someone who weighs 16 stone with someone who weighs 11 stone. Of course the 16 stone person is going to lose more - they need more calories to move their bulkier bodies around. :D

Don't lose heart - that's a fabulous result. And SS+ is a brilliant plan and will make virtually no difference to how fast you lose weight (cos it's only an additional 200 calories a day).

:hug99:

6.5 lbs is still a good loss, honestly x x

:happy096:

I just responded to the other thread, but in case you see this one first...

Didn't I read that you lost 4 lbs in the week or two before you got started? There's some of the 9 lbs I calculated... you lost some of the water weight before you got started!

How old are you hun, if that's not too cheeky a question? The younger you are, the faster you lose weight on any diet, not just Cambridge. I'll be able to guesstimate a bit better what your average weight losses will be if I know. :)

But guesstimating now - 2 to 3 pounds a week. That's still going to be much much faster than you could lose weight doing SW or WW - honestly. At your current weight, you'd probably only lose a pound a week on those diets (with the occasional 2 pound week).

Weight loss slows down the nearer you get to goal on any diet - and you really haven't got much to lose, not compared to many people here. You just can't compare the weekly loss of someone who weighs 16 stone with someone who weighs 11 stone. Of course the 16 stone person is going to lose more - they need more calories to move their bulkier bodies around. :D

Don't lose heart - that's a fabulous result. And SS+ is a brilliant plan and will make virtually no difference to how fast you lose weight (cos it's only an additional 200 calories a day).

:hug99:

Thank you Lily, the detailed replies you give mean a lot to me!

Yes, I did lose 4lb 2 weeks before, I never even thought of that. It was the first time the scales had moved in ages too...

Not cheeky at all! I'm 29 :D I suppose I just got my heart set on the 14lb in a month promise from the website.. 3lb a week would be OK but 2lb just sounds like so little for literally not eating all week! I want it all, lol!

I had some cooked chicken breast with a bit of lettuce at 7 & I'm full now! I'll have to force the soup down, so that's a million times better than SS for me ;) When I can have the bars next week I'll have a shake for breakfast, my chicken salad for dinner, bar for tea & a soup at night. Or maybe a shake, having a savoury meal has put me right off soups for some reason!

I feel like I've got a second wind with SS+, it's taken away all the negativity I had in my head. I plan on doing SS+ til the end of the month, then see where I am. I might do a month of 810 or even try South Beach to wean myself back onto carbs without putting weight back on. If my losses this month are really good then I'll stick with CD.

Oh, the Beck book came today too! I just wondered, it says to weigh daily, but I want to weigh weekly for now. Would it be OK to skip that one?

Yes, I did lose 4lb 2 weeks before, I never even thought of that. It was the first time the scales had moved in ages too...

:D :D

Not cheeky at all! I'm 29 :D I suppose I just got my heart set on the 14lb in a month promise from the website.. 3lb a week would be OK but 2lb just sounds like so little for literally not eating all week! I want it all, lol!

Okay, give me a few minutes and I'll do the maths...

I had some cooked chicken breast with a bit of lettuce at 7 & I'm full now! I'll have to force the soup down, so that's a million times better than SS for me ;) When I can have the bars next week I'll have a shake for breakfast, my chicken salad for dinner, bar for tea & a soup at night. Or maybe a shake, having a savoury meal has put me right off soups for some reason!

I feel like I've got a second wind with SS+, it's taken away all the negativity I had in my head. I plan on doing SS+ til the end of the month, then see where I am. I might do a month of 810 or even try South Beach to wean myself back onto carbs without putting weight back on. If my losses this month are really good then I'll stick with CD.

Sounds like a really good plan.

Oh, the Beck book came today too! I just wondered, it says to weigh daily, but I want to weigh weekly for now. Would it be OK to skip that one?

Does it? I don't think it does in mine... oh, wait - which book did you buy? The pink one, the pink workbook or the green one?

Thanks Lily, you're the best. Seriously :D

I got the pink workbook, I read it will do instead of both. It looks good from what I've read so far :)

Okay. I reckon that at your age and taking a guess at your activity level, you need around 2200 calories a day to maintain your current weight.

Here comes the maths bit. :)

2200 x 7 = 15,400 calories per week

Calories in SS+ = 600 per day. 600 x 7 = 4,200 calories taken in per week.

Calorie deficit per week = 15,400 - 4,200 = 11,200

Calorie deficit required to burn one pound of fat = 3,500 (it's not an exact science, but it's how most people work it out)

11,200 / 3,500 = 3.2 pounds.

So...

Over the next couple of weeks you can expect to lose 3 pounds a week, but it will get gradually less over time because as you get smaller, the number of calories required to maintain your smaller body becomes fewer (e.g., 2,000 instead of 2,200).

Of course, those 3 pound losses might not show up on the scales on a weekly basis because scales are stupid and can't tell when you've lost fat but are holding on to extra water - but be assured that so long as you're 100%, the fat will be coming off and it will show up at the scales... eventually. :D

There, hope I didn't make that sound too confusing. :)

Lily, you're a legend!! Thankyou for that. <3

I actually have a Ki fit (Like the bodybugg's on the Biggest Loser US contestants, if you watch that?) and it tells me how many calories I burn a day, steps walked, activity sleep etc. And in actual fact I do burn 2200 on an average day :D I can always get on the Wii after next week to try to get some more calories off too!

I've missed training to be honest! Do you think it would be safe to go to work on my bike next week? It's only a few miles each way. Couple of hills though. Or should I leave the heavy stuff til week 3?

I've missed training to be honest! Do you think it would be safe to go to work on my bike next week? It's only a few miles each way. Couple of hills though. Or should I leave the heavy stuff til week 3?

If you're used to exercise (and it sounds like you are), you'd probably be all right. Just watch out for it making you feel hungry though. If you find it does, you might want to leave it for another week or two (say until you get on to 810).

It might slow your losses down a bit though - not because you aren't actually losing fat, but because you're likely to retain a bit more water if you're doing more exercise (so that your body can repair and renew joints and ligaments and stuff).

Hmm, I'm undecided.. I love riding my bike but I don't want slower weight loss!

I've been debating & I'm leaning towards moving through the plans, this week SS+ then 810 next week for 2 weeks etc etc. I don't want to pul weight back on when I refeed & I don't want to be dieting all through summer!

I worked it out & I could *hopefully * do the rest of my weight loss whilst doing this. When I get to 11 stones I have to do 810 anyway, which should hopefully be next week. Or I could do 810 for a month... I guess I'll just see what my losses are & see what my CDC says.

Well, nothing to report, am really enjoying my chicken salads! Bought a pack of fresh chicken breasts & cut them into really thin strips & weighed them, there was loads more compared to the pre packed ones I had and they tasted a million times better marinated in spices. I couldn't finish the chicken today. I was satisfied and though I wanted to finish it I threw the last few bits away. I want to make this a lifestyle, to throw it away instead of carrying on eating. Eating isn't for that!

So, whilst I don't want to be on a diet for summer and want to eat barbecues and chocolate cake and ice cream, I don't feel ready to be let loose on too many choices, I'm not in the right place in my head to control what I'm eating to eat a little bit of bad things but not to binge. Wow, this is hard!

Had a lovely weekend, sun was shining! Got a bit of colour to my pasty skin, hehe!

Went for a long walk yesterday, burnt plenty of calories gently! Hopefully that will add to my loss this week.

Texted my CDC last night about the cycling, she said to leave it til next week so I will :) I;ve managed to stay off the scales too.

Have flicked through the Beck workbook, TBH I think I need the book to go into more detail for me. There seems to be a lot of content missing. Plus I like the book format, where I can read it all through as opposed to the daily workbook. I'll still use the workbook, but once I've read the book.

Went to Tesco this morning for some bits, SO only got me one pack of chicken breasts for the week :rolleyes: so I had to get another pack & some cottage cheese.
Bit stuck on what to have the cottage cheese with though, not keen on celery & couldn't find any cucumber this morning.

I also got some sandwich bags for freezing my chicken portions, balsamic vinegar and schwartz perfect shakes (3 for 2) All in all it was £15!!!! How expensive is that?!

I was looking at the easter aisle, I was tempted to get another big easter egg for when I reach goal, but had a word with myself and realised that 2 is enough & I can have dairy milks after that!

I'm obsessed with smelling things, SO has been having Pizza Express chilled pizzas :mad: They smell soooo good! And he & DS have been eating cakes and biscuits. I've just needed to smell them all. Half the time cakes don't actually smell as good as you'd think.

Still 100%, and will continue! I said I'm not going out of ketosis to have the pain of getting back in & I meant it! I'm so looking forawrd to bars next week though! That's keeping me going for now. Might do the 810 for a month like I'd originally planned, I keep changing my mind!!

Hope everyone has a great day! xxx

Oh, nearly forgot. Gone right off soups since starting SS+, so I'm going to have all shakes with the bars next week. Loving chocolate, vanilla & strawberry is the best! I love shakes now, & before I was never really a milkshake girl. Think I'm converted!

Had a chocolate tetra straight from the fridge this morning, was soooo good! Tasted really thick, yum!!

Annoying things associated with my weight loss.

1. All my pants are now too long for me as my belly is not holding them up as much.
2. My ring is spinning around on my finger because it's now too big.
3. When I lie in bed on my side I can no longer lie with my knees together as the bones stick into each other.

The good still outweighs the bad though :D

Had loads of people asking me at work "Are you eating now?" when I had my chicken 'salad'. Feel like a quitter because I'm on +! I feel so much better for that little meal though so I'll live with it.

Fancy a strawberry shake when I get in and a chicken soup for supper tonight. Can't wait til next week when I can have mousses and the bars, and more shakes instead of soups, yipee!

Oh, and thinking of going on 810 next week (as I'm now BMI 25 + 1 stone) and sticking with it until I'm 7lbs from goal then doing the maintenance, either through SB or CD. If I ramp up the cardio I can drop 7lbs over the course. Hopefully I will look good wnough that 7lbs won't be a massive deal.

I miss training though, weights I mean. I miss aching the next day. I miss the endorphins I get from it, I miss feeling strong!

Texted my CDC last night about the cycling, she said to leave it til next week so I will :) I;ve managed to stay off the scales too.

Well done - you're a braver one than me!

Have flicked through the Beck workbook, TBH I think I need the book to go into more detail for me. There seems to be a lot of content missing. Plus I like the book format, where I can read it all through as opposed to the daily workbook. I'll still use the workbook, but once I've read the book.

Ah... Didn't realise you'd bought the workbook. I can't tell you whether the main book's better or not cos I've only got the main book. I can see the pros and cons for both though. The workbook must inspire you more to do the daily activities? With the main book, it's quite tempting just to read the day's pages, nod sagely - then put the book down and forget about it. Of course, I'm not saying that's what I've done, ever... ;)

Bit stuck on what to have the cottage cheese with though, not keen on celery & couldn't find any cucumber this morning.

Feel free to laugh at me, but I've found that cooked (therefore hot) cauliflower and cold cottage cheese are a fab combination - so long as you close your eyes while eating, cos it all looks a bit pale on the plate.

Oh, nearly forgot. Gone right off soups since starting SS+, so I'm going to have all shakes with the bars next week. Loving chocolate, vanilla & strawberry is the best! I love shakes now, & before I was never really a milkshake girl. Think I'm converted!

Had a chocolate tetra straight from the fridge this morning, was soooo good! Tasted really thick, yum!!

Yep, they're my favourites too. Try freezing a tetra too. Stick it in the freezer for 3 hours - et voila, ice cream that you can eat from the carton. Chocolate ones work best for this.

Annoying things associated with my weight loss.

1. All my pants are now too long for me as my belly is not holding them up as much.
2. My ring is spinning around on my finger because it's now too big.
3. When I lie in bed on my side I can no longer lie with my knees together as the bones stick into each other.

Those things are annoying?? LOL :D

Oh, and thinking of going on 810 next week (as I'm now BMI 25 + 1 stone) and sticking with it until I'm 7lbs from goal then doing the maintenance, either through SB or CD. If I ramp up the cardio I can drop 7lbs over the course. Hopefully I will look good wnough that 7lbs won't be a massive deal.

I miss training though, weights I mean. I miss aching the next day. I miss the endorphins I get from it, I miss feeling strong!

You can stay on SS+ until you actually reach a BMI of 25 if you want to (not BMI 25 + one stone). The reason for the confusion is that you can't do SS or SS+ unless you have at least a stone to lose before you'd reach BMI 25. So you can stay on SS+ until you hit BMI 25, then swap to 810 to take you down to goal.

Well done on sticking with it hun - you're doing fab! :happy096:

Well done - you're a braver one than me!

Ah... Didn't realise you'd bought the workbook. I can't tell you whether the main book's better or not cos I've only got the main book. I can see the pros and cons for both though. The workbook must inspire you more to do the daily activities? With the main book, it's quite tempting just to read the day's pages, nod sagely - then put the book down and forget about it. Of course, I'm not saying that's what I've done, ever... ;)

So the book is basically the same layout? Day by day? If it is then there's no point me getting it, I just need to get on with the workbook.

I just like to have an overview when I get started, to read it all then do it, this day by day business doesn't suit me. I like knowing what's coming next (weird, I know, lol)

Feel free to laugh at me, but I've found that cooked (therefore hot) cauliflower and cold cottage cheese are a fab combination - so long as you close your eyes while eating, cos it all looks a bit pale on the plate.
That sounds good! I'll do that with it! :D

Yep, they're my favourites too. Try freezing a tetra too. Stick it in the freezer for 3 hours - et voila, ice cream that you can eat from the carton. Chocolate ones work best for this.
That sounds fab, I thought freezing them kills the vits though?

Those things are annoying?? LOL :D
LOL! I think my knees are actually bruised!! And the clothes look ridiculous now, I look like a clown who's been ill for a while. I've bid on some ebay bundles in a size 12(!) I want to be a 10 so I don't want to spend a fortune on inbetween sizes :D My top half is definately a 12 now, my bottom half fits into a 12 but it's tight. Not circulation stopping tight but still. My weight is sticking to my bum & thighs.

You can stay on SS+ until you actually reach a BMI of 25 if you want to (not BMI 25 + one stone). The reason for the confusion is that you can't do SS or SS+ unless you have at least a stone to lose before you'd reach BMI 25. So you can stay on SS+ until you hit BMI 25, then swap to 810 to take you down to goal.

Well done on sticking with it hun - you're doing fab! :happy096:
That's great news!! I was worried about 810 being out of ketosis. That sounds like a plan! When I hit BMI 25 I will only be 7lbs away so it's perfect. Thank you so much Lily, I don't know what I'd do without you! :thankyou:

Got the day off work today, DS is staying at his Nana's so I can catch up on some movies!! ;) I was going to book 1/2 day but I was messing about all morning trying to sort my finances and I couldn't be bothered getting ready for work etc etc.

Nothing much to report so far... Still 100% on SS+ Although I did take a snickers bar when it was offered and kept it in my drawer at work for when I finish CD. So strange, I'm squirreling food away! I'm just scared of missing out, although it's not like I can't buy whatever I want when I finish.

Got the day off work today, DS is staying at his Nana's so I can catch up on some movies!! ;) I was going to book 1/2 day but I was messing about all morning trying to sort my finances and I couldn't be bothered getting ready for work etc etc.

Nothing much to report so far... Still 100% on SS+ Although I did take a snickers bar when it was offered and kept it in my drawer at work for when I finish CD. So strange, I'm squirreling food away! I'm just scared of missing out, although it's not like I can't buy whatever I want when I finish.

Snickers bar? LOL, what are you like? :D :D You can have bars this week, right? Try a peanut one, see what you think. :)

As for freezing tetras, Cambridge Head Office say 'they don't know if it damages the nutrients'. Which kind of says to me that they haven't tested any - and that maybe it doesn't. It doesn't make much sense to me that it would. Cooking - yes. Freezing - uh? We freeze foods to make them last longer.

Anyway, here's a thread of happy freezers (including the post from the person whose CWPC emailed Head Office): http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/47128-freezing-tetra-packs.html

Hope you have a good day!

Thanks for that Lily, I'll give it a whirl this week :)

Snickers... I don't even really like them. Weird behaviour. I'm not bothered as long as I don't cheat whilst I'm doing CD!!

I'm going to try one of each bar. Seriously can't wait!! Looking forward to the mint & orange! Are they all really good? Should I avoid any?

Hope you have a great day Lily! Thanks for stopping by, otherwise I'd be talking to myself, lol!

Oh, and since I can't resist... any predictions for this weeks weight loss? :p

I know! If I get hit by a bus my friends & family will be finding hidden chocolate all over the place!! Lol.

Thanks Shanny, you too! x

well ive done the same with mini eggs at school in my lil box till when i finish cd in 53 days time lol.!!

Back