My big box of Joe's Sausages has just arrived!!

I think there is something behind that. Although you can shovel food in pretty well with chopsticks.

They do eat a lot of plain rice and fresh fish - so whilst they do use MSG - it is probably less then we do in all of our processed food! And their food will have a very low fat content. Limited dairy products and lots of fruit and veg. In fact, every day is Extra Easy if you are Chinese (apart from the sweet and sour sauce ;))

I'm really looking forward to having the funds to order some of these sausages!!! I've been eyeing up the website for weeks lol.

Funcurls! I'm so glad you're enjoying your sausages!! I've been a huge fan of Joe's sausages for a while now. I think "Joe" is a genius! I also love their beef and pork patties, I use them to make my SW kebab with an HEB pitta :D

I'm glad I've taken the plunge, although it did hurt when I made the transaction!! And I wonder where all my wages go every month! LOL!X H*Bomb you are right about the diet of Chinese peeps! Bet they don't eat all the fattening things a lot of us Brits love from their menus anyway!X

Funcurls! I'm so glad you're enjoying your sausages!! I've been a huge fan of Joe's sausages for a while now. I think "Joe" is a genius! I also love their beef and pork patties, I use them to make my SW kebab with an HEB pitta :D

Yes I'd like to meet this 'Joe' and give him a pat on the back!! There's a 'Joe's Icecream' in Swansea- the company goes back years and years- it's a big fave with South Walians- I'd like to give that 'Joe' a slap accross the face for encouraging my weight gain! LOL!X

I've heard mixed reviews to be honest - I think some things are maybe better than others and it is expensive if it turns out you don't like them. I know of some groups where people pool together to put in an order so they can split the cost. Or like the other thread, it might be a better idea to develop a good relationship with your local butcher.

Ha ha how funny I'm sitting eating 2 right now for lunch! They're lovely, I'm eating the thick pork one's but have also tried the chipolatas and they are my favourite so far, had some in mince last night. Minimum of 16 packs for free delivery, which cost me £55 but there's loads will last me months. I just wish I had ordered some of the burgers now, but will next time :D

you can not find they syn value on slimming world online syns with Joe stuff so I would not trust someone says there slimming world friendly when you can not even found the syn value!

As Pesty said there is a SW certificate on the website.

Also our consultant gave us the flyers for the website, and told us all they were certified syn free.

I,ve been toying with getting some as i miss sausages too.

I am going to place an order to..just have to justify the spend to Hubby...eat sausages/ burgers and still loose weight....cant argue with that one really can he?? Lol

you can not find they syn value on slimming world online syns with Joe stuff so I would not trust someone says there slimming world friendly when you can not even found the syn value!
I had my delivery yesterday and in it was a certificate from SW to say the Syn values are correct until July 2011.

I love them, pricey they might be but they are yummy!

There is a big variety of flavours- The Thick Pork, Old English and Chipolatas are probably your best bet! About the price, they seem pricey, especially when you're buying in bulk, but I think about how much my hubby and I used to spend on just one takeaway- it wouldn't be unusual for us to spend £40 in one go! Even £20 on one takeaway is half what my whole order cost me for about 90 quality items which can be converted into a meal fairly cheaply buy adding things like pasta, rice, potato, veggies!X

Back